The OnePlus 7T: Made for Video Enthusiasts

1. KeBlam
    US Brand Ambassador Nov 7, 2019

KeBlam , Nov 7, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

Hey what's up yall?! US Brand ambassadors Kenny (@KeBlam) and Randy (@Texasaggie1) here to talk about the OnePlus 7T! Today we want to talk about how we think the OnePlus 7T is a phenomenal phone for video enthusiasts. We both want to say the main reason why we feel that way and all give a few secondary reasons.

Randy: It’s All About the NITS

So for me (Randy) one of the things that really seals it for me is the nits. It's all about the nits . What are nits you ask? Nits are a way to measure the brightness of the screen. The OnePlus 7T is the brightest OnePlus phone yet with 1,000 nits max brightness! That's brighter than the majority of the phones on the market right now! What this means for your video experience is you can make it as bright as you want! Check out this picture I took this week. It's Brooklyn Nine-Nine (my favorite comedy) on my OnePlus 7T outside in the Texas sun!

[​IMG]

Some other things I really like about the 7T that make it a great video experience for me:

• The ability to override brightness temporarily while still leaving it on "automatic." Most OEMs do not have this but only have “auto” or “manual” for the display brightness. I LOVE the temp override.

• The dual speakers which make the sound experience so immersive. This is something that you don’t know you need/want until you have it

• The 90hz refresh rate of the screen which makes it so smooth and easy on the eyes. OnePlus is setting the industry standard on this.

Kenny: It all about the HDR10+

Now it’s my turn! And ‘my’ as in Kenny’s turn! And I’m here to tackle the HDR10+ aspect. For those who don’t know, HDR stands for High Dynamic Range; meaning that the videos on your screens are able to allow for a variety of things:

• Higher dynamic range (of course!..): But what I mean by that is peak brightness and black levels, being able to have a much richer experience

• More defining contrast as well as richer colors

• Broadening of the color gamut on your screen

• Greater contrast! Brighter brights and darker darks

Meaning that a video that was once like a dull, bland bowl of food can express a higher resolution of color gamut, becoming a more flavored meal. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the videos shown on your phone can be greater than the quality in which the camera recorded the video at. Imagine watching a show recorded in the 70’s on your OnePlus phone, it’ll still be rather grainy and the quality wouldn’t be as great as a video shot on your phone in 2019.

Now that we’ve covered the term HDR, let’s talk about HDR10+! HDR10+ builds on HDR10 by adding dynamic metadata such as Dolby Vision (Me: Dolby Vision with dual Dolby Atmos 3D enhancement speakers? Heck yes! I see that as an absolute win!) which adds extra clarity of detail in your images and screens! HDR10+ is generally on higher-end screens such as Samsung TV, etc.; but OnePlus has placed that tech within our doorsteps! Having both the NITs and the HDR10+ can make our video experience quite awesome!

Here’s the thing, I’m always on Netflix watching the latest shows and all! Below, I have a sample show that I generally watch called ‘The 100’ (It’s quite intense and I can’t stomach everything so I’m taking a break!), but if the screen is quite bright, you can always just switch to Night Mode so you have intake that movie experience without worrying about the blue-light affecting your slumber!

[​IMG]
    Without Night Mode (Sorry, my hands were rather shaky! And I had HDR on in complete darkness, making the exposure time rather long!)

[​IMG]
    Night Mode On

Thanks for reading this far in the post! So bottom line for Randy is the NITs and for Kenny it’s HDR10+! Both of these are in the OnePlus 7T and they go hand in hand to generate a more immersive and vibrant video experience! Now that you know some things about the 7T, feel free to share comments or questions below! Here’s a start: how do you enhance your video experience on the OnePlus 7T? What type of shows do you guys or ladies like to watch on the 7T?

#NeverSettle

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019

2. YRJ
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2019

YRJ , Nov 9, 2019 :
    Nice post @KeBlam
    But the thread is about the 7T and the header image shows a 7T Pro :p Is that intentional?

Anyway, well done :)

3. Starcommander
    KitKat Nov 9, 2019

Starcommander , Nov 9, 2019 :
    Nice thread @KeBlam
    I like to watch marvel cinematic universe shows because of out of the world experience with dolby atoms speakers

Xtermy, jeevanbatla and Texasaggie1 like this.
  4. O1565775210650
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  5. rahulopg
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2019

rahulopg , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 9, 2019 :
    stop boosting this device when it cannot even perform normal features as well gets heated when u use camera for even some minutes, battery depletes like anything, hangs suddenly and I guess it's the only device which is not able to run COD Battle of Royale.

I mean it's really frustrating...please improve the device especially gaming on COD battery drain.

I really feel sad coz I use to be a proud user of OnePlus phones since OP3 but now I don't feel like I'm using OP.

TonyTechBytes, YRJ and Texasaggie1 like this.
  7. S1571619393210
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  8. BYG BYRD
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2019

9. MosheG1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  10. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Nov 10, 2019

KeBlam, Starcommander and MosheG1 like this.
  11. Texasaggie1

Texasaggie1 , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 10, 2019 :
    Thank you for your feedback. Are you on 10.0.5? A lot of these issues have been addressed. Please submit them to feedback in the app too please. Every issue I've submitted has been fixed and one issue they are still talking with me about it. I've submitted like 6 or 7 issues on the 7t BTW.

Xtermy, buntycubal, KeBlam and 3 others like this.
  12. krn.thakur_
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2019

13. chirag505
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2019

chirag505 , Nov 10, 2019 :
    1.The focus in 0.6x mode takes a lot of time. maybe the camera id not calibrated properly. please solve this ASAp.
    2. why is the 0.6x in video mode different from 0.6x in photo mode. The frame size is much smaller in the video

14. singhshreyaans
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2019

15. YRJ
    Lollipop Nov 10, 2019

YRJ , Nov 10, 2019 :
    Hahaha! XD
    :p

Starcommander likes this.
  16. D1570344717096
    Froyo Nov 10, 2019

D1570344717096 , Nov 10, 2019 :
    the HDR video get choppy if zoomed in or out while recording the video. is this regular expected behaviour?

17. LOCKDOWN117
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2019

KeBlam and Texasaggie1 like this.
  18. ledsled
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2019

ledsled , Nov 10, 2019 :
    You said iphone 11 pro max has an 800 nits max brightness and while that is technically true (for sustained brightness), the iPhone can actually do 1200 nits when watching hdr content or under the heavy sun.
    (also how did you not know this? It was mentioned by Apple and every reviewer ever, seems like an intentional omission)

Texasaggie1 likes this.

20. Texasaggie1

Texasaggie1 , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 10, 2019 :
    the u.s. ambassadors usually only write content for the main device launched in the US. During this cycle its the 7T.

buntycubal likes this.