The OnePlus 7T Series: Exploring its New Look

1. JalananFreak
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

JalananFreak , via OnePlus 5T , Sep 29, 2019 :
    because there are others who prefers the notch rather than pop up cameras.
    it is not that irritating compares to the iphone's notch. Plus you can use the super fast Face Unlock that is so convenient

2. Bramdjenzeen
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

N1558809976196 likes this.
  3. AmritRajiva
    Froyo Sep 29, 2019

AmritRajiva , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Thank you for sharing the thoughts behind the change in our design language. I hope we are still continuing with the OnePlus slate font on our phones and that isn't changing.
    Moving on to the 7T's new design language, what's the reason to change the layout of the cameras? I read somewhere that this was to accommodate the larger top speaker, but I don't know if this is true. How about the Gorilla glass 5/6 - front and back? And is it splash proof?
    Are camera upgrades coming to the previous OnePlus models? I'm not ready to upgrade my phone yet and I love my OP6T. I'd like to see it being improved while OnePlus makes new fans and I cheer our evolution and welcome new members into the OnePlus family.

4. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

SuppNyUs , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Sep 29, 2019 :
    I'm sorry to say this OnePlus, but I really don't like this new look. It looks weird and not okay, especially the new font, what is this !?? Please use the old one, it was better. OnePlus knew better days.

5. SuppNyUs
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

SuppNyUs , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Damn man, you're so right. I totally agree.

6. rohitmanpro
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

7. I1569754355028
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

8. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Sep 29, 2019

gaster , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Hi Charles. Welcome and congratulations for your first post. It's really sweet and I like the content. I hope more exciting stuff can come in the future. That was a good one. Keep up the good work!

9. I1567858140894
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2019

I1567858140894 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Dear One Plus Please making a compact phone. Some how I found my self addicted to a big phone. I'm sorry but I'm very worried about my health because how good the phone can be addicted which de toxing my degital life. im really love one plus, I hope the company could bring back small phone like one plus X...

10. Skyking29
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

Skyking29 , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    its one the most funniest and creepiest looking camera setup after the gas burner look of new iphone. Reminds me of crazy cheap Motorola phone...How come a company like OnePlus do these crazy things and want us to buy that stuff. i pity of OnePlus team. Seriously they need some new recruits in design team.

11. Skyking29
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

its cheaper because it looks too ugly that even alien left earth after seeing this shit coming.

12. FAB1150
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2019

FAB1150 , Sep 29, 2019 :
    if I need to be honest, I don't like the new look.

starting with the box, it doesn't tell the user anything useful about the phone. it's too stretched to be nice to look at, the text is too long to read and it just looks like it was made with paint. there's nothing "minimal" about it.

let's talk about the font. changing isn't a bad thing, but this one just feels like a generic Microsoft word font, including the name. who do you think will remember the full font name? "OnePlus slate" is a short, good, rememberable name, that can obviously be quickly reconnected to the brand.

finally, the phone. we expected something good, but the front just looks like a 6T. nothing really new there, expect the font (lol). we expected to see a better full-screen experience, maybe with a new implementation of the pop-up camera, but no. I sincerely hoped that the "pro" variant was just a temporary thing, but apparently it isn't, what a shame.
    now the back, the biggest disappointment I had, you state that you seek minimalism but there's really nothing minimalist about that... thing. a big, black circle in the middle of the phone, that looks like a low end phone from 2015.

I'm a big OnePlus fan, and I want to see the brand succeed. take this as constructive criticism!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019

13. Skyking29
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

felt really good that someone is giving real comments. instead of praising a bad ugly product.

FAB1150 likes this.
  14. SrinivasSoftware engineer
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

SrinivasSoftware engineer , Sep 29, 2019 :
    Leandro.... you are asking us to compromise??? I'm also one of the 7 pro user. feeling unsatisfied with the pubg....

15. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 29, 2019

Its.Leandroo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 29, 2019 :
    That's an issue with the game, not the phone. You won't get a better experience on the 7T.

16. SrinivasSoftware engineer
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

too funny answer. game is perfect since I played with another mobile under same wifi. Problem is with the phone.

17. Its.Leandroo

There's more that matters. Resolution of the phone? Framerate?

If the other phone has a 60hz screen, it will look like it performs better.

The 7T however is barely better in terms of performance. If you have a 7 Pro, there's no need to buy one.

18. SrinivasSoftware engineer
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

initially you said game has problem not the 7 pro prob. now you are saying resolution, frame rate and 60 hz refresh rate.... but you will not accept the problem and try to build the phone for better gaming performance like iPhone.

19. Its.Leandroo

I'll say it more clearly then:

It's the game's problem, as it doesn't handle high resolution with high framerate phones very well.

You can't compare it to iPhones, as that's a completely different platform, uses a different engine, and more. Developers generally optimize their apps for iOS more as it's easier to do.

Apple doesn't make a phone for better gaming performance. It's the developers that simply don't care enough about Android.

20. SrinivasSoftware engineer
    Eclair Sep 29, 2019

we always compare with iPhone since we don't have compitition with any other except iPhone...from AOS we are the topper but not only pubg also we have gaming performance issues...