The OnePlus 8T is the best OnePlus so far. Here's why.

1. malidan likes this.
  2. Zeaiclies
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2020

Zeaiclies , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 19, 2020 :
    That's not true of all of them.
    My 8 runs anything just fine.

3. malidan
    Nougat Nov 19, 2020

malidan , Nov 19, 2020 :
    When I look at the facts OP have build issues, every phone has screen issues and every phone has grounding issues. I don't know what it is they are doing but when they have issues other don't to me it points to build quality or component quality.

4. malidan
    Nougat Nov 19, 2020

malidan , Nov 19, 2020 :
    Dude the dumbest of the dumb would not post a video of a phone with water in it as a successful water resistance test.

This is the kind of advertising no oem wants. 😂😂😂😂😂

5. Zeaiclies
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2020

Zeaiclies , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 19, 2020 :
    I do not think every phone has screen or ground issues.
    Some have but none of mine have had any issues.

Samsung had a huge batch of bad screens that went into several different phones (LG, OnePlus, Huawei) and Sony had a camera issue too. All of these were corrected quickly.

I still think based on the evidence and experience that a lot of people have issues with any device, simply because they do not know how to properly care for their devices.

The exception to this, might in fact be the 8T lol
    The 7T Pro Mclaren edition had so many issues and it was no secret.

6. KelvinNguyen
    Froyo Nov 20, 2020

KelvinNguyen , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Calm down brother, stop wasting your time to this flat brain. There is no way you can win against fan boy.

[​IMG]

malidan likes this.
  7. Zeaiclies
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

Zeaiclies , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 20, 2020 :
    I am not a fan boy or flat brain. lol.

malidan likes this.
  8. tysanastro
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020

9. NiveshSingh
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

10. NiveshSingh
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

11. agpath , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Nov 20, 2020 :
    This is a Chrome problem. Since I de-activated the app, the phone feels much smoother. First I tried just changing to Firefox but somehow Chrome seems to still run in the background and cause problems.

12. daky0809
    Donut Nov 20, 2020

daky0809 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 20, 2020 :
    I will switch my 7pro for the 8T. Im excited to get it in my hands. The 7pro is actually the best phone ive ever had, so hopefully i will say that about my new 8T. By the way how awesome ist the colour aquamarine 😍

13. Zeaiclies
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

I run chrome beta and shut off background data, and discovered that it turns itself back on if you use the Google assistant ("okay Google") so you have to disable the assistant in order to keep background data off. So I just let it run in the background and forget it. lol

agpath likes this.
  14. agpath , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Nov 20, 2020 :
    Thanks for the tips, I don't even use the assistant and it constantly pops up.

15. StepStorey
    Eclair Nov 20, 2020

16. Zeaiclies
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2020

It is always listening and you have to turn it off in your Google account profile. It is also linked to your Chrome even if you are not signed in.

Android is also Google and it randomly queries Chrome in the background, as well as Google in the background and checks to see if assistant is active. If assistant is active but background data is off, then it turns background data back on.

So the only solution is to fully disable assistant (no more okay Google) then turn off background data for Google or Chrome. But it only last until the next app update of Google or Chrome or OS update or security patch updates, and then it resets to default. lol

So I just turn off the hot key word (no longer listening) for assistant and forget it.

If I want the assistant I just hold the hot key to activate it, I believe it is the home key in my setup.

Always welcome

agpath likes this.
  17. PR25021997
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2020

ConnectMrMJ likes this.
  18. syedrhashmi
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2020