The OnePlus 8T is the best OnePlus so far. Here's why.

1. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 13, 2020

Antonio_Luis , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Yeah man. Was really sad about that

Zeaiclies likes this.

2. shivpkapila57
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

shivpkapila57 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    I am one plus user since the launch of One plus 2 in India and i have seen oxygen os grown from the CyanogenMod to Oxygen Os.
    But believe me 8T is little bit awkward to use especially in software section of the Oxygen OS.
    How lets elaborate it in points. Cons only because those are the important aspects here.
    1. Dialer and messaging apps. :- One plus tried almost 5-6 years in making these apps perfect to use. But they just replaced those with the stock one's why ?. When you guys have put this much of effort into mking these apps usable now you have just remove those. I have been using these apps for a long time and now the phone looks like we have nothing to look at.
    2. Interface :- As we have Android 11 out of the box but this interface is no more Oxygen Os. It was perfect in Android 10 but now it looks like boring phone.
    3. Blacks are not black:- Where is complete dark.mode ? We raised many times complete dark mode and now it again becomes grey. I don't know why !

These are the 3 cons which i think one plus needs to listen.

ovidiudumitru81 likes this.
  3. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2020

4. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2020

Zeaiclies , via OnePlus 8 , Nov 13, 2020 :
    Do not worry, cell phones are about to go another level up in technology soon. So many new things in the works.

Diamond based processors

Graphene battery, or solid state batteries or nano diamond batteries.

UFS storage 4

So many things that could be put in the next new phone by 2025 or sooner, it is a total tech nerd boner. lol

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  5. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2020

Have you tried going into developer options and turn on override force dark.
    Also Google changed dark mode to shades of Grey and some black instead of all black.
    Most everything on my phone is black, very little Grey.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020

6. SurajBhutada
    Donut Nov 13, 2020

7. R.M.J
    Eclair Nov 13, 2020

Zeaiclies likes this.
  8. chicagoron
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

chicagoron , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    The black n white camera lens is a joke. You know it , I know it, everyone knows it.

9/10 people would prefer the telephoto over a gimmicky black n white camera lens.

9. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2020

Black and white is not gimmicky but actually artistic and can be very useful to some.

Telephoto is nice too.

I use the Google camera anyway

10. jacob.liveit
    Donut Nov 13, 2020

jacob.liveit , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    I got me OnePlus 8T a few days ago and I love it! Fast in everything. Fast charge in 30 mins? Yeah! Smooth and vibrations on point. Display is so good. Recommended. Noice, very noice!

Zeaiclies likes this.
  11. vrushabh06
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2020

12. chicagoron
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

chicagoron , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 13, 2020 :
    It is gimmicky. Anyone can edit a photo to black and white . The lens doesn't actually make em that much better then if you had to post edit a photo.

Telephoto optical zoom lens would come in handy a lot more.

M.Word likes this.
  13. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2020

It is not gimmicky.
    Post edit to black and white vs firmware black and white is the same but saves a little bit of time.
    IPhone does the same thing but with telephoto too. lol
    I doubt any real photographer or cinematic user, uses a phone to accomplish the task, they use a real camera.
    Telephoto is nice and should be included.

woSch likes this.
  14. EbyPrasad7
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2020

EbyPrasad7 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 13, 2020 :
    I ran and bought Oneplus 8 pro the same day 8T specs were out with the 'no more 8T pro' news. 8T is inferior in many ways to 8 pro. Normal users won't give a damn but for power users like me, who uses every feature in the phone ranging from basic phone calls, producing cinema quality youtube contents, paying using NFC, 24x7 music streaming, Snapping away pics like crazy, reading novels, playing ultra high graphic games (Throw in genshin impact at 60fps, you'll get to know the barrier between a PC and a phone), wireless charging, using reverse wireless charging and so on, the difference between 8T and 8 pro felt miles apart. Also the macro camera (wide lens) in 8pro is top notch. No phone can beat that in current market. So if something out there which is worth more than the 8 pro, I'll be the one to grab it (Yea I know a certain other chinese oem has something, but it is not available at my place right now).

bikerboy360 and Zeaiclies like this.
  15. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 13, 2020

Agreed
    The 8 pro just needs 65W charging and it would be a God like device. lol

bikerboy360 and EbyPrasad7 like this.

16. Zeaiclies
    Honeycomb Nov 14, 2020

17. BiGGShadeZ , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Nov 14, 2020 :
    We people who hates notches/pinholes and other interruptions. Even fat bezel is better than notches (though my 7 has notch which is disturbing)

georgesunnyt and Y1603743008207 like this.
  18. Xpress0
    Gingerbread Nov 14, 2020