The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregOrevo
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

GregOrevo , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I like it,
    It is a fair system, it is a new way of doing things so i understand people will be curious or maybe worry about it, but OnePlus has been fair all the way with us since the beginning, so i'm not worry. :)
    I would have been very worried if it was a selling in batch system, and i'm not very much interested in a classic pre-order system, this is new and exciting, and fair. Let's not forget OnePlus is young and deosn't have the possibility to produce in mass as other big ones.

And i'm sure we will have more explanation coming soon so don't start screaming gents!

Meow.

nunomrmartins, Kat W, zmanc7 and 6 others like this.
  2. Dkouyou
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

Dkouyou , Apr 17, 2014 :
    If not every forum users get invites, we should start free exchange thread here so that we could share invites to other people from our country!

zmanc7 and MrAndroid like this.
  3. mjero
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

mjero , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I guess it is fair, and at least you will always know when you are gonna get the phone

4. MrAndroid
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2014

MrAndroid , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I do have faith in OnePlus still, but I'm very understading for the people who are concerned about this invite system, I guess we will have to hold our breath, until we get more info on the subject.

harvey likes this.
  5. OMEiAM
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

6. m0m0
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

m0m0 , Apr 17, 2014 :
    nice move to try and make it "exclusive" ;-)
    but lets wait on how these invites will really work before complaining =)

7. peyo
    Community Veteran Apr 17, 2014

peyo , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I don't know if I am in the first 1000 or 2000 .... but sure I am active member, or will be next week ;-)) Unfortunately I am from Slovakia, which is not on the list. But I'll travel abroad for OnePlus One

8. patanjali.vatnal
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

9. megaroad
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

megaroad , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Except that you have no idea when you'll actually receive permission to buy it.

10. justyfier
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

justyfier , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I live in Belgium, I I'm really hoping for an invite have already put 400 euro on my paypal!!!
    @Carl Can we also buy accessories when buying the phone through invite or do those come later?

11. oh_no
    Eclair Apr 17, 2014

oh_no , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I don't really like that invite system, it would have been nice if it was for pre-sales. I still wish to get one !

12. carlosoubina
    Eclair Apr 17, 2014

13. PowerPlayer

PowerPlayer , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I dont know if this the best idea..I mean, the people Here need invites and they dont want to wait for the OPO, because they didnt get one.

14. MF831

notxel21 likes this.
  15. gstar1897
    Eclair Apr 17, 2014

16. bertust
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

bertust , Apr 17, 2014 :
    One would think that with only 5400 members on this forum, there should be enough invites for everyone here. How many phones in the initial run? Surely more than 5000. And who deserves an invite more than the people who have shown their interest and support by joining and contributing? Why don't we just chill until we have more details?

Cmoialexcui, Deepak and SPARTAN_6917 like this.
  17. tejwells
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

18. yonoshiro

yonoshiro , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I feel fairly positive that onesplus is doing this invite system as the "better than preorders" approach they spoke of. It seems to me that rather than make it available, initially, to everyone, they are not looking at us as faceless masses but rather recognizing individuals who have been long time supporters and members by giving them first priority to purchase. This is not necessarily a bad thing and is unique and adds a personal touch. Besides, even if I don't get an invitation, good things come to those who wait. We have waited so long already, what is the harm in waiting a little longer? In my opinion the only other option is to settle and I am not doing that again.

GregOrevo, Cmoialexcui and harvey like this.
  19. V4sh31
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

V4sh31 , Apr 17, 2014 :
    it seems good but i hope that we won't have to wait a lot of time.
    i need a oneplus now =/
    using a SAGEM phone is not very funny if you had a nexus 4

20. DocJones
    Froyo Apr 17, 2014

DocJones , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Think about it a moment: We have a little over 5000 Forum Members (globally!) and these ones are the among the biggest fans, why not give everyone of them 3 invites, 1 for themselves and 2 for others.. soooo think about it ;)

Darnell likes this.