The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epicrivas
    Froyo Apr 20, 2014

epicrivas , Apr 20, 2014 :
    Can't wait to upgrade from my S4. It's either Oppo Find 7 or OnePlusOne. Exciting time right now!

2. epicrivas
    Froyo Apr 20, 2014

3. Ukali
    Jelly Bean Apr 20, 2014

Ukali , Apr 20, 2014 :
    You have to wait anyway.
    But as a wise man once said.
    Wait till 23.

4. Joshua_tyler
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2014

5. MaxPayne_1977
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2014

MaxPayne_1977 , Apr 20, 2014 :
    I still don't know how to get an invite. I got lots of friends to share with.

6. Bilato
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2014

7. Bilato
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2014

8. wsdavidcheah
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2014

9. Bilato
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2014

Bilato , Apr 20, 2014 :
    >>>>
    Buying a popular smartphone can be a frustrating experience, both for consumers and manufacturers alike. This is something we’re trying to solve.

For consumers, a product they have anticipated for a long time might be sold out immediately before they even have a chance to place an order. Some offer pre-orders, which often means a long time between paying for your order and actually having it shipped. The worst experience for consumers is probably when a company decides to sell in batches where you have to set a reminder to patiently wait for a batch, log onto the website to disappointedly find out that it got sold out. When you eventually get a chance to buy one, it’s actually a pre-order that you’ll need to wait a long time to receive again.

Why do manufacturers do this? It’s very hard to predict the future, and hardware is expensive. Producing larger batches means tying in more capital and increasing risk. Making too many devices that end up not being sold can bankrupt a business easily. In addition, there’s always a production ramp up period where production yield increases by time. This is another reason to why it’s hard to have a lot of stock from the very beginning. When the choice is between selling to a few users first, or stocking up and delaying launch, it’s not a difficult decision to choose the former.

Good Products Shared Among Friends

To solve these problems, we have created a much more user friendly way of buying the device through the OnePlus Invite System. With an invite, you can be 100% sure that you’ll actually be able to buy it, and it ships within a few days. In contrast to staying up in the middle of the night trying to buy one along with 20,000 other people. So in the true spirit of the OnePlus name, a good product gets spread by word of mouth, shared among friends for that extra personalized touch.

So how do you get an invite? Invites will also be made available through friends, contests, and on this forum (you have not been forgotten). We value thoughtful contributions from active fans. Once you’ve bought a OnePlus One, you’ll also become eligible to invite your friends in the future.

In the beginning, they’ll be available in limited quantities, but as time progresses they’ll become easier and easier to come by.

Please Note: There are no invites to give away as of today. More information will be available on the day of launch.

Update 1: Some have voiced concerns about there being a second market for invites. The Invite System was designed to counter this from the start, with us having full control over distribution and expiry times. The re-sale of invites will not be a major issue.

Update 2: We have received some great feedback over the past few hours, and understand that not everyone likes to hang out on online forums. I want to clarify that both those who have supported us from the beginning on the forums, and those who have been interested but not registered on the forums will have ways to get invites....
    <<<<<>>>>>

an invitation would be just a nice way to celebrate Easter

10. Darksidious
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2014

Darksidious , Apr 20, 2014 :
    Is what they explain in there introduction of the one + one invite system... Or there is something that I don't understand...

11. Jamaru
    Honeycomb Apr 20, 2014

Jamaru , Apr 20, 2014 :
    i think that who ever gets invited will be asked to attend like a launch at their country wherever the phone will be available on release date. like people in china will get invited to the launch at china, [people in the USA will get invited to attend the launch there, hence the "Better than Pre Order"

12. MadRus
    Froyo Apr 20, 2014

13. f1_nut
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2014

14. Moulinexx
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2014

15. linas_ltu
    Froyo Apr 20, 2014

linas_ltu , Apr 20, 2014 :
    Hey, it is Easter! Please give an invite somehow! I need a great picture taking phone now! ;)

16. Piratu
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2014

Piratu , Apr 20, 2014 :
    I am from Romania.
    How could I buy the phone if I am lucky enough to receive an invite?
    Is it from the nearest country system like Italy,Germany ?

craftyorb likes this.
  17. ivantam1996
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2014

18. Tiberian
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2014

19. Zaferibra
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2014

20. Tim debacker
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2014