The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2014

Darnell , Apr 17, 2014 :
    So, an invite will be the one and only way to purchase the device? I do think it's a good idea but I'd be disappointed if I won't be able to purchase the OnePlus one on the day of launch.

2. Arnon Rotem-Gal-Oz
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

Arnon Rotem-Gal-Oz , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Totally agree - this is a very bad idea esp. for people not in the launch countries

3. Demoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2014

Demoon , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I hope there will be some invited in each country.... imagine if we are 15 belgian in this forum and no one has an invite. ... the belgian stock will stay full.... ;-)

justyfier likes this.
  4. TheArowanaDude
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

5. Hock
    Froyo Apr 17, 2014

Hock , Apr 17, 2014 :
    So how will it work? A certain amount of invites for each country on the list?

6. volteon
    Community Veteran Apr 17, 2014

volteon , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Well...I think you can start with yesterday's mug winners. Send them an invitation as well. :D

Cmoialexcui and MF831 like this.
  7. tamayazo
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

8. mtt93
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

9. DXTakamina

10. elpollo

elpollo , Apr 17, 2014 :
    At least this helps me in a way that I was really thinking if I'm gonna be early adopter or not. With my luck I won't get an invite for a long time so I will have time to see how the One will be received by others.

11. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Apr 17, 2014 :
    One can but cross ones fingers and hope that one gets an invite. (I wonder if using the word one as much as possible will help?!)

12. xcess
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

13. Aphex
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

14. mydragoon

mydragoon , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I can understand you guys need to manage your inventory. as it is, to keep stocks low, you guys limit the launch countries. I'm fine... figured I can still buy one and have my friend ship to me.

now this invite thing. I hope you guys are not banking on this creating more hype and exclusivity for the phone.

the way I see it... you guys committed a very, very low number to the manufacturer. this is probably one way to delay orders so you can have stocks replenished (place more orders) as time goes.

you guys say #NeverSettle.

put yourselves in our shoes... taking this means we've to settle. yes, frankly, I don't see how this is a win-win situation.

kinda disappointing.

15. notxel21
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

e1evene1even, cat_baxter and Zaheef like this.
  16. WxFisch
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

WxFisch , Apr 17, 2014 :
    This system makes no sense. What if I am willing to wait? Perhaps I view a pre-order more as backing you as a company (IE Kickstarter). Perhaps all you needed was a new outlook on the pre-order system and not an artificial attempt at viral marketing. While I hope the best for you as a company I think this one action will be your downfall as you are limiting your initial user base and cashflow. Overall an Invite system for a device is not practical and while I will wait to buy this phone (after seeing it next week of course) this is because I can't leave my contract until August anyway. For a small business that is trying to not only break into but disrupt such a massive sector this is possibly the worst idea you could have had. If this is related to manufacturing or distribution troubles just tell us, we will understand, overall though I am very disappointed in this move.

zmanc7 and Deepak like this.
  17. cutterman
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

18. jamalie4

jamalie4 , Apr 17, 2014 :
    This doesn't make full sense to me? Can i just preorder it as soon as it announced?

19. CCC
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

CCC , Apr 17, 2014 :
    not sure how i feel about this ... on one hand i like the invite idea, on the other hand there is the fear of not getting an invite :/

zmanc7 and MrAndroid like this.
  20. jamalie4

jamalie4 , Apr 17, 2014 :
    LOL