The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaroslaw jadczak
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

2. morockin
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

morockin , Apr 17, 2014 :
    What would you prefer: a system where you pre-order the phone but are not sure when it will be shipped or a system where you wait for an invite and are never sure you'll get a phone at all?

3. DmR_One
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

DmR_One , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Oh man.. :/ This does not sound good. With my luck, I think I have a long wait ahead.

Zaheef likes this.
  4. ejkeebler
    Eclair Apr 17, 2014

ejkeebler , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Yeah not sure how anyone can complain just yet. Until more details are released. Its possible they decide every member of the forum gets 1 + 1....I'd venture a guess they realize the most likely buyers are the ones that are posting in these forums.

What I hope doesnt happen is they role it out too slowly then several months from now people who've been watching for so long are still waiting for an invite, even thought the N6 and other Flagships are rolling out or starting to generate to much buzz.

For now, I'll reserve judgement until the details are announced.

5. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2014

Chinda , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I think they will do that & also the first forum members, well known members. Hope they give as many people as possible invites :)

Noel likes this.
  6. Aeronaut
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

Aeronaut , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Curious as to how this is going to play out.

Great if the majority of us get one but not so if we have to almost fight for it !

I just want to know the finalised specs, how the device will look and then buy one.
    If i have to wait a few weeks, i can handle that but if it means that i have to wait till June, my patience and money may not be available !

7. DrSuSE
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

DrSuSE , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Eeeep, not sure if I will actually be invited to buy one then! :-\

8. wsrobert
    Froyo Apr 17, 2014

wsrobert , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Agree. Though they seem to be very obtuse. I've dealt with ordering systems like this for other products. Its not the best way. But OnePlus is a startup with razor thin margins I'm sure. Controlling inventory would seem paramount to success. As others have said though, hopefully at least forum members get invites.

DmR_One likes this.
  9. gatb27
    Froyo Apr 17, 2014

gatb27 , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Very interesting idea!! I'm curios to knwo how your will distribuite the first invites!! ;)

Zenjubo likes this.
  10. mydragoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2014

mydragoon , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I'm just glad Malaysia is not in the initial launch list. I don't need to go hunt for invites like a headless chicken. ;)

I wonder getting invites entitles you to only one unit, or what? coz I think if OnePlus wants to make it exclusive, then one invite = one unit. :p

11. L0cke
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

L0cke , Apr 17, 2014 :
    First post here as have been following this for a while. I do hope there will be other ways to get the phone other than having to wait for an official invite, but maybe this is a good way of limiting the first orders and reduce the pressure from the demand. Then when they have a better idea of who wants it, they can start to ramp it up.

12. Montalbert
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

Montalbert , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Sounds awfully familiar to me- so how many chocolate bars do i need to buy to win a golden ticket? :D

Sounds awfully complicated... we'll all have to wait and see how it pans out... i agree- give an invite to every member! I am assuming they have made more than 5000 phones?

Noel likes this.
  13. pixaros
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

pixaros , Apr 17, 2014 :
    well we have to wait till the 23th and to more understand about this new style of buying or get invited, i will have at least 2 friends to invite :d they will be interested in the ONE :d

14. euror
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

15. Slysir
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

Slysir , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Still not sure how this works, but just send me an invite. No worries.!

16. mkl
    Eclair Apr 17, 2014

17. Elijahblake
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

18. WoOoT
    Jelly Bean Apr 17, 2014

WoOoT , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Would an invite too.
    can't wait anymore for buy a smartphone.
    if i havent one , i'm going to have another device :/

19. elpollo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2014

elpollo , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Well I don't have any friends here and I'm not that active member so this doesn't look so good to me. But if they are going to give decent amount of invites to every country then I think my chances of getting this phone are little better.

20. chrisram626
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014