The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhynosAndroid
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

RhynosAndroid , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I like the sound of the invite system, but I wish there was a little more info on how it was going to be implemented.

Exciting time no mater what, so bring the love!

2. Claudia
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

Claudia , Apr 17, 2014 :
    @Carl if you have no friends but you want to buy one how will you go about it. Especially if you are willing to part with your money straight away?

zmanc7 and Ukali like this.
  3. john winsper
    Froyo Apr 17, 2014

john winsper , Apr 17, 2014 :
    This does seem a bit of an unusual way of going about things as someone who really wants to buy one may not be able to actually buy one, who is to say that that person would be guaranteed an invitation and when, they may have contributed to all the decisions on the forum but have no way of buying the phone, this may put some people off

zmanc7 likes this.
  4. Vithz
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

Vithz , Apr 17, 2014 :
    waiting.. waiting.. waiting.. waiting for OPO.. waiting for launch... now waiting for an invitation ... :-V :-@ :-X this is tooo much..!!! dont u think!!!!

Ukali likes this.
  5. geekonerd
    Froyo Apr 17, 2014

6. ANONYMOOSE_82
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 17, 2014

7. Jakub Smolar

Jakub Smolar , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Ok this is not cool. Oneplus has 5k people here who are the fans of the company. They will pick a few who they like (I know it won't be me, I was too critical with oneplus to be picked) and this few will then choose who? Their friends on the forum? Their family / RL friends? What happens when there are 100 chosen and only 10 decide to invite another forumites? In the end it runs towards "if you have been a great fanboy of oneplus from the very beginning on and was always nice, never posting anything bad, you will get the phone, if not then it does not matter you live in the available country or can get it via family, you have to suck it up and wait even longer..."
    I don't see the point here. Imho this is a bad idea, that results in further increasing an artificial hype, but also making your future / likely customers angry. What about all the new members who don't have friends here yet? Sigh, time will tell... I am not happy with this "better than preorder"

8. Haikel
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

Haikel , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Hello 1+ fans,
    my s3 has broken since the begining of March. Since then i ve been waiting for opo. Now i am stuck with an old nokia til 23 April. It ´s kinda dissapointing to have to wait until u get an invitation.
    But if it´s the only way to get an opo, please don´t hesitate and send me one.
    best regards

9. elpollo

elpollo , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I hope this doesn't lead in some black market style scenario where people are selling these invites to those who are willing to pay more.

knoxy1, Sparkolo, Ukali and 6 others like this.
  10. Phonk
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

Phonk , Apr 17, 2014 :
    So you are all my friends..... And be hopefully your friend....

11. plantfueled
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

plantfueled , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I like it. Gives me extra time to put money aside for it. Just means I won't be selling my nexus 5 right away because I don't want to end up with no phone.

12. Sathya Bhat
    Donut Apr 17, 2014

Sathya Bhat , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Please tell whether first invites will be sent only to ppl from contries, where it will be launched? Bcoz I am from India and am planning get it from a friend in Hong Kong.

13. gavinbrad
    Eclair Apr 17, 2014

gavinbrad , Apr 17, 2014 :
    I must say that is frustrating.

I have sold my current phone an LG G2 - ready to buy my OnePlus and I'm using a really old phone for now.

I've commited to OnePlus, as I expected to be able to buy one when I wanted.

Ukali likes this.
  14. fabripav
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

fabripav , Apr 17, 2014 :
    This

Cmoialexcui and Ukali like this.
  15. srktx
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

16. lanxinger
    Froyo Apr 17, 2014

lanxinger , Apr 17, 2014 :
    what about randomly selecting current forum users? or make a sign up page for the invites that get randomly selected. seems fairest to me. any objections?

17. Chris O'Brien
    Gingerbread Apr 17, 2014

18. DK7
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2014

DK7 , Apr 17, 2014 :
    Let's just see how this works out. I'm really curious.

19. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014

Japultra , Apr 17, 2014 :
    There's a difference between being negative and being realistic.

20. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Apr 17, 2014