The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHaus
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

RHaus , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Oh well... Carrying around my S2 for 2.5 years now...
    That invitation system is their own unique approach whereas other companies invest millions in marketing campaigns. A pre-order system with a nice down-payment (to scare users of dropping out of the purchase) might have been my personal favourite. Now that many are upset about the issues Oneplus hasn't taken into consideration (LTE, size, MicroSD, battery), they just might say: Screw it. If they don't want my money, I might just give it to someone else.
    The most horrid thing would be to give out the first invitations to the active members... In my opinion 90% of the comments in this forum are useless copies of comments made before by other users (including my own). Useless in terms of "helping the cause - improving 1+". The only thing you get in doing so is "Can I get an invitation now, please" in the thousands...

2. gerhardus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2014

gerhardus , Apr 24, 2014 :
    You're breaking my heart.
    Please give this young man an invitation.

ryan1mcq and koen241 like this.
  3. austinbaker
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

N1L0 likes this.
  4. AntonGomez
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

5. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Apr 24, 2014 :
    If after the Smash contest info is announced tomorrow, and they don't release more info on the invite system, then I think its going to start to lose some of its momentum that the hype has generated.

At the moment, there are just under 20k forum members. That number has gone up from about 5k from when I joined a week or so ago (although I'd been lurking reading the forum for months). You'd think that 20k phones isn't a lot to manufacture to be able to give an invite to each person? or at least to a big majority. They need to be open and honest with how many of these invites there are and what their production rates are like, so people know if they are in for a massive wait or if its going to be reasonable for them to hang on?

6. GeesRiK

GeesRiK , Apr 24, 2014 :
    No. No you have not.

What you do have is a need for attention.

7. Roskopi
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

8. wskyvwsk
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

9. gerhardus

gerhardus , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Yeah, right! Dream on. So definitely no affection for you pal.

10. sudo
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

sudo , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Please invite me, i want this phone soooooo much!
    Nice greetings from Austria

11. Saalems
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

Saalems , Apr 24, 2014 :
    That is a pretty smart move for the OPO, I think that you should this user friendly system, like this the clients will not be frustrated from the waiting of the pre-orders.

12. nkikoko13
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

13. Timo81
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

Timo81 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The first two people that give me an invitation will get the chance of winning a weekend in A'dam including a date with my sister.

Attached Files:

14. N1L0
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

N1L0 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    hi. i am new of the forum and i found this phone only a week ago.
    sorry for my bad english i am italian, and i wonna know how i can (if someone know) get an invite!
    My only crime was to find out the phone too late.... but i know that it's amazing now one and i want it XD

15. degelingalex
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

16. V4sh31
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

V4sh31 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    all these useless posts and threads, all these new members who itching to buy, the lack of communication, the presece of many buyers that are not tech enthusiast (even if it is normal), the unwise smash contest, the lies, make me sad and perplexed.
    I'm starting to think that opo is just another advertising product.
    What i see is that opo team behaviour is as flasghip behaviour.

17. mani_mitc
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

mani_mitc , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Can anyone send an Invite Pls :)

Tried but Cant suppress the Greed :p One+ is "The" One for me as like thousands of others... so Pls send me an invite :)

Cheers,
    Mani

18. richarddtaft
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

richarddtaft , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I feel like I have just entered the Hunger Games and the "Odds are always in my favor".
    Note: I am only willing to kill a bag of chips though.

19. Shopeur
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

Shopeur , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Hello,

I'm french, so sorry for my poor English.
    I didn't know about the Oneplus One a few weeks ago, but I'm very interested. But I didn't understand very well the system of invitation. How did we subscribe ? I know nobody that could send me a invitation so how can I get one ?

Bye from Paris !

20. dongarland
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014