The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. failee1965
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2014

failee1965 , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Well I am new here but as a prepaid cell service provider in the US, we really need some quality and unlocked phones in the market. Of cause the price must be reasonable too. I personally wanted one of this phone to test out but the invite system has confused me, but any way the invite system may be another marketing technology .... let see. Also if anyone can clearly show me or direct people the right way :)

2. JasPuneet
    Froyo Apr 30, 2014

JasPuneet , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Will the invites be only available to persons belonging to the countries where it will be made available? or they could be from anywhere in the world?

3. Vitamin
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2014

Vitamin , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Seems like there's a hoard of us)
    I just hope that in time they will be able to produce enough for everyone.
    And soon)

BTW, interested in that too.
    I live in Ukraine but am working in Europe quite often.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014

4. mo2rbo
    Eclair Apr 30, 2014

mo2rbo , Apr 30, 2014 :
    OnePlus - if you wanted a gradual rollout - why on earth didn't you just run a Kickstarter campaign ? You could have sold (pledged) batches with differerent delivery schedules - that way everyone would know exactly, when they would recieve the phone - you would have "locked" the consumer to your product - and you could have estimated the level of interest in your product - and gotten paid in advance ! And no one would have been pissed off at this stupid invite system. If you for marketing purposes wanted to run the Smach campaign - this could have run simultaneously.

5. pizzone
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2014

pizzone , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Like anybody else here I'd also love to receive an invitation for purchasing a 1+1 :D

6. Ago
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2014

Vitamin likes this.
  7. Shuffler505
    Jelly Bean Apr 30, 2014

Shuffler505 , Apr 30, 2014 :
    No that's incorrect, OP will be hosting other competitions with the chance to win the phone and/ or invites. That's what I've read anyway.. :)

8. viqkt
    Eclair Apr 30, 2014

viqkt , Apr 30, 2014 :
    I'm in too! I did not buy a smartphone yet - have been waiting until the perfect option appeared. Seems finally it happened :)
    And I would also be happy to get an invite.

Ago likes this.
  9. Daryf
    Eclair Apr 30, 2014

Daryf , Apr 30, 2014 :
    I think its a psychological game. Special phone for special people so everyone that gets a invite will tell others about it so best advertise ever for no price nice idea but bad for users who didnt bother to register and only read in the forums for months like me until now because I want an invite too but have to wait ......probably. so everyone who gets 3 invites why not use one on the forums if everyone does that all forum users could buy 1 in less than 1day it would spread like fire ;)

10. panchoh
    Froyo Apr 30, 2014

panchoh , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Is there more info available on this topic? Like, what kind of actions do they have on Facebook and google +?

11. Vitamin
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2014

Vitamin , Apr 30, 2014 :
    We would need some sort of system to know who already has an invite. Someone might get a dozen while another person - none=\

Ago likes this.
  12. vitielg
    Eclair Apr 30, 2014

13. AlanMann
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2014

AlanMann , Apr 30, 2014 :
    With such high demand I cannot foresee getting one/invite in Q4 let alone Q2.... I need a invite !!!!

14. reinhardrenew
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2014

15. xomanowar
    Froyo Apr 30, 2014

16. Vitamin
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2014

Vitamin , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Guys, posting "I want an invite/give me an invite/invites are bad" won't help.
    If you want to discuss something - go ahead. I'm new here too and have my heap of questions. But informative posts and answers are lost in this mess of useless stuff=\

Mad and jimberkas like this.
  17. mohandha
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2014

18. Giuseppetyson89
    Donut Apr 30, 2014

Giuseppetyson89 , Apr 30, 2014 :
    speriamo bene.. questo sistema ad inviti è proprio stupido si dovrebbe poterlo comprare online !!!

19. Salva
    Jelly Bean Apr 30, 2014

20. AndrewNguyen
    Honeycomb Apr 30, 2014

AndrewNguyen , Apr 30, 2014 :
    @Carl

How would buying two phones work? Do you need two invites to purchase two phones in one transaction or one invite is enough per transacation? Additionally, if I wanted to buy the 16GB first with one invite and I wanted to get the 64GB later could I do that with my one invite? Or do I invite myself with one of my other invites? I would understand if you didn't want this reselling to happen but it's still interesting to know how the invite system works in this situation.

Thanks! :D