The OnePlus Invite System [Updated May 9]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnyb
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

donnyb , Apr 18, 2014 :
    I'll never get an invite.... It will be old tech before I get one in my little hands.

jewjitsu117 likes this.
  2. Droid1294
    Jelly Bean Apr 18, 2014

stevestevela likes this.
  3. Rubi76
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

Rubi76 , Apr 18, 2014 :
    It all depends on the number of phones/invites available at launch... It would be cool for example that everyone who comments on this thread automatically gets an invite..
    Basically I hope they won't be cheap about the invites!

4. stevestevela
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

5. Deactivated User
    Apr 18, 2014

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014

stevestevela likes this.
  6. ijip
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

ijip , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Looking forward to this. I hope the one plus one really does become a game changer!

7. GUNG
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

GUNG , Apr 18, 2014 :
    fingers crossed that opo have enough to keep the members happy .. or they might just get a phone elsewhere

stevestevela likes this.
  8. stevestevela
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

stevestevela , Apr 18, 2014 :
    I hope they are being smart about this and paying attention to the forums... This could get ugly if not handled properly...

Zenarc likes this.
  9. badger1000
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2014

badger1000 , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Can someone please explain the problem with everyone placing their order on or around release date then OPO manufacture their first batch (or second if they already have stock) and then just ship them in the same order as the orders were placed. You know you are, for example, order no. 2500 and you have an estimated delivery date. You know your phone is definitely coming and you have an idea of the delivery date. Is this worse than desperately hoping for an invite??

jewjitsu117 and stevestevela like this.
  10. Dave Weinstein
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

Dave Weinstein , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Your marketing frustrates your potential customers. This is just another annoyance.

The fact that you've got 89 pages of forum posts since Wednesday should tell you something. Most of the posts are either negative or begging for invites or both.

You should reconsider this idea.

stevestevela likes this.
  11. loosing streak
    Froyo Apr 18, 2014

loosing streak , Apr 18, 2014 :
    New here and just like to say that regardless on what needs to be done to get One+ I'll do it. I've being holding off from buying the other new? "One" phone and or the same old all "New best thing"lol smart phone. I've being following the OnePlus and I can't wait to spend my hard earn money in this device!

12. silverex
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

silverex , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Was on the verge of buying the HTC M8 but I'm holding out for the OPO. IF BY INVITE ONLY HOW CAN I GET MY HANDS ON THIS DEVICE

13. jewjitsu117
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

jewjitsu117 , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Well, I've been an active follower of this phone when I heard about it early March. Now that there is this "invite" system, I've decided to sign up for an account and start posting in the hopes I can qualify for an invite when the time comes... Regardless of how you feel about this system, I bet their forum user base has jumped significantly today.

silverex likes this.
  14. thetacoking2
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

thetacoking2 , Apr 18, 2014 :
    I haven't ever heard of the phone until now. Although I would thoroughly enjoy one, the invite system seems weird and exclusive.

15. Sokar
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

Sokar , Apr 18, 2014 :
    many people will be pissed about this invite system and start to look at other phones. i want to go online and buy it, don't want to worry about getting an invite to buy it unless invite gets a discount in retail price..

stevestevela likes this.
  16. jager24
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

jager24 , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Let's just hope it not based on the number of posts as that will just encourage meaningless posts.

17. Raymond Kwong
    Froyo Apr 18, 2014

Raymond Kwong , Apr 18, 2014 :
    Totally agree.

silverex and stevestevela like this.
  18. JavierGtz
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2014

JavierGtz , Apr 18, 2014 :
    That sounds great, there is a confidence feeling in the air, and that is so good, before this Invite system were announced, I was thinking about telling my friends about this phone, but thinking twice, it's a better idea to tell my friends about something I have tested in my own hands, the little bad news are that I must wait a bit more to have a OnePlus One in my hands :(

19. grumpyfuzz
    Gingerbread Apr 18, 2014

MartOOn likes this.
  20. MartOOn
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2014