The OnePlus One Battery: Long Lasting, Compact and Reliable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I73770k Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 18, 2014

2. nikol_oza Gingerbread Dec 19, 2014

nikol_oza, Dec 19, 2014 :
    this is new update ? can you post update zip ? i have rooted and i cant update from system i must manually

3. nikol_oza Gingerbread Dec 19, 2014

4. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Dec 19, 2014

5. ArunAkya Gingerbread Dec 20, 2014

ArunAkya, Dec 20, 2014 :
    I am not getting a good battery life.
    Once charged completely can b used for 6hours with just 3g.
    Not much app installed.
    Have done four cycles of charging the phone.
    Every time I charge completely, the expected time will b refreshed n will b showing from 4min.
    I am sorry I am not a techie. Can help to fix my battery life? :confused:

6. corchea Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

corchea, Dec 20, 2014 :
    it is not so important the battery itself as the software manager for energy consum..... try Greenify... other apps are good in managing energy.....

ArunAkya likes this.
  7. mnshaikh Eclair Dec 20, 2014

mnshaikh, Dec 20, 2014 :
    With Lithium Po/Li type batteries, never discharge them completely since they lose their abitlity to hold charges. In my opinion, its best to always charge when down to 20%.

ArunAkya likes this.
  8. Debajyoti Pal Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

9. praveen.jaiswal7 Donut Dec 20, 2014

praveen.jaiswal7, Dec 20, 2014 :
    @Pete
    Am from india . I have purchased OPO from Amazon. I heard that Indian users won't get the OTA updates of android.also there is news here that micromax has issues with OPO. Please let us know, how do get the support

10. ArunAkya Gingerbread Dec 20, 2014

ArunAkya, Dec 20, 2014 :
    Hello
    U won't b getting any updates from cyanogen mod. OPO has no issue with micromax, cyanogen mod has been releasing its new phone with MM called 'yu partnership hence they ditched opo.
    Sad fa cyanogen.
    But #oneplus have been developing its own ROM. Just wait for its update. It is based on lollipop

11. praveen.jaiswal7 Donut Dec 20, 2014

praveen.jaiswal7, Dec 20, 2014 :
    Even I have same issue

12. mohammed89 Donut Dec 20, 2014

13. corchea Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

corchea, Dec 20, 2014 :
    the battery itself is not the only responsible of the energy..... think about energy manager software..... do you?

14. dheeraj.more Cupcake Jan 22, 2015

dheeraj.more, Jan 22, 2015 :
    Same here. I am switching from nexus 5. I will surely like to forget its battery life :)

15. aanchal11 Honeycomb Jan 22, 2015

aanchal11, Jan 22, 2015 :
    The battery life of this phone is one of the major pluses here..

I find the battery of ONE+ONE as the best as compared to the earlier phones that i have used [i have used iphone 4/4S, Moto X, Samsung, Nexus etc.]

It is really great..

16. anupamjamatia Donut Jan 22, 2015

17. rmenon17 Cupcake Jan 26, 2015

rmenon17, Jan 26, 2015 :
    My battery for the past 1 week takes around2 hours and 45 minutes to complete a full charge cycle, including trickle charge. I usually charge my batterry when its down to 20% and once in a week i let the battery drain out completely. Can you tell me why it is like this, because earlier it used to take only 45 minutes for a full charge. And also my battery used to last me 2 days with very moderate use, but now it lasts me hardly a day and half. Please help.

18. webdevgirl Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 26, 2015

webdevgirl, Jan 26, 2015 :
    <beginRant>Then they need to allow us to buy extra chargers. Without an invite. And provide a car charger. I like to keep one at home, one at work, and a charger in my car for heavy use days and trips -- oh and when the power goes out and the only way I can charge my phone is to do so in my car. I get that the OPO has great battery life, but to think that one charger is all we'd need is just poor customer insight.</endRant>

19. slee0108 KitKat Jan 26, 2015

slee0108, Jan 26, 2015 :
    I think your draining of the OPO battery every week caused your battery calibration issue. I read from other OPO fans here and try the following to see it will help your situation:

1. Let the phone on and charging it to full (100%)
    2. Unplug the charging cable, turn off the OPO, then plug the OPO back with the charging cable until full charge again while the OPO is off, wait 2 to 3 minutes after the OPO is fully charged
    3. Then you can turn on your phone and use it normally.
    Recommend that you do not drain your phone battery to 0% before recharging every week. The newer NiMH battery does not need to be drained to maintain good charging capacity. Hope this helps.

20. rmenon17 Cupcake Jan 28, 2015

slee0108 likes this.