The OnePlus One Slim Case

1. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

simonyip , Jul 25, 2014 :
    update on 6th oct 2014: Love the Tudia bumper case. also have the Diztronic - too thin..I know. And the $2-bought from ebay-plastic case.

I bought the white Slim OPO Slim Case.
    It is probably One of the worst protective case I have ever purchased.
    Love the phone though and sold my Nexus 5 the same day I received my OPO.
    The slim case get dirty so easily it is ridiculous. It is like a piece of art.... white drawing paper, pretty much anything can leave their marks on the case white surface.
    And it doesn't protect the phone much.
    For my Nexus 5, I had the 9H top of the line tempered glass protector on (tried out a few and that's the best one), and using a caseology case.
    For the OPO, I don't know what to use.
    I shouldve gotten the flip case instead... I guess.
    Anything you guys/ gals are using that is good?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

msbusybee and slimtom like this.
  2. nikzgfx
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

nikzgfx , Jul 25, 2014 :
    White will always get dirty. Even clear cases will turn yellow. Personally waiting for the Diztronic to come out that looks really good and seems it will protect well. I'd ideally want a UAG but they have no plans to make one as of yet.

DKV likes this.
  3. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

I knew someone is going to say "white will always get dirty." It is the material that made the case that make the case get dirty easily. The texture is like cardboard paper that is easily to "draw" on.
    Therefore, no matter it is in black, yellow or green, it is going to get dirty. Any surface I left my phone on with the case left mark. Heck, Within the first 5 min I opened the case even without the phone, the case get dirty already, I have to use am eraser to rub the markings off.

4. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Still, I love the phone and hope that some manufacturer would make a case with the texture just like the sandstone texture on the back of the phone.

5. nikzgfx
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

nikzgfx , Jul 25, 2014 :
    It does depend on the material I don't disagree with that but white had a consistency to be more prone to get dirtier than others. I've got a white S4 which is a glazed poly carbonate finish which has stood well. I had a white HTC One X with a soft poly carbonate finish which showed more markings than others. If your wearing white pants, no matter what material more than likely it will show more marks than wearing say for example a black equivalent of the said material. White is just more prone and stands out more than others.

6. DKV
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

DKV , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Diztronic case look sexy as hell.

7. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

It is the material that made the case made it easy for the case get marking. It is like drawing on a piece of paper. No matter what color of the paper, it is still getting drew on. Yeah, It is common sense that white color material could get dirty easily. Just like saying the sun is coming up from the east, no argument there.
    The point being made is that the slim case use a material that get dirty easily.
    I hope it help your decision on getting a case to protect your OPO.
    I sure hope I will find one soon.
    What case are you using?

8. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

9. slimtom
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2014

slimtom , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Don't let it bug you, I made the same mistake. Guess we live and learn as we go.

msbusybee likes this.
  10. DKV
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

11. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Not bad at all!!!
    Not for sale on ebay or amazon.
    ha, where can I get one?

12. Masson
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

13. nikzgfx
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

nikzgfx , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I'm using a cheapo Orzly case not my preferred option but works for now. My personal preference is a UAG case but not available for the OPO it's withstood many drops on my S4. I'm looking to settle with the Diztronic once that gets released. You can get sandstorm type textured cases they are called quicksand or similar but not available for the OPO yet I had a couple previously and they felt the best in the hand with excellent grip.

14. DKV
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2014

DKV , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Wait till they actually start to release them and then they will probably be on Ebay or Amazon......

15. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

16. nikzgfx
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

nikzgfx , Jul 25, 2014 :
    It's been like that, it's not yet available. Head over to XDA on the OPO accessories section there, diztronic himself posts on that. At the mo he's received an invite and waiting for an actual OPO themselves to ensure their CAD designed cases fit well. He wrote they are hoping to start shipping these from the 31st. They usually do sell them on Amazon USA though.

17. mrhappysad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2014

mrhappysad , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Get the flipcover for the time being. $15, can't beat for the price, but it does cover up the notification light.

simonyip likes this.
  18. simonyip
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

nikzgfx likes this.
  19. erictjf
    KitKat Jul 25, 2014

erictjf , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Maybe you could try sourcing them from the 3rd party manufacturers brand?

20. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2014

NaterTots , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I bought the BoxWave Minimus Case on Amamzon.

It is very thin and a minimal case for sure. It fits really well and is almost the exact same color as the back of the Sandstone black phone. It looks like it would have a texture on it but it's smooth.

I wanted minimal for the case to try and keep the overall size down. I'm waiting for a tempered glass protector. Hopefully have it next week.

simonyip likes this.