The OnePlus X is one of the best smartphone in the world. I tell you why...

1. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Yes... I can stored as much as I wants too ;)

You're missing the point here ;)

The reason the SDCARD( external ) has been brought up is because users expected to store major data on the external by way of choice... or automatically.
    ( possible manually or only a few apps work saving to EXTERNAL ...ie. camera FV-5 )

that's fine and dandy but there's limits and parameters ( Android's ECO system rule ).

Currently ... The internal classified as SDCARD.
    So, even some DEV have their programs call upon the SDCARD and in terms, the program automatically go to the internal ( BECAUSE Google Android classified the sdcard as INTERNAL by default. ;) )

case example:
    if I install "Asphalt" ... the major graphics/data ( obb file ) is resided in "/android/obb" ...INTERNAL !!

Now, if I decided to "move 2 SD".... Only my Asphalt game app and settings data get moved to the EXTERNAL.!

You CANNOT move that large obb file (1.5GB) to the EXTERNAL and expect it to work !! ( unless you reroute/link it by way of XPOSED modules !!

That is what people are confused about and complaint that there's SDCARD bug, can't move apps to SD....etc

There's limitations and we all have to play by the rule ;)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015

bonghollywood, Mr. BG and doublear like this.
  2. CodeGlitch
    Froyo Dec 17, 2015

CodeGlitch , Dec 17, 2015 :
    I spent a while changing my opx to cyanogen 12.1 stable, all my problems seem to be gone, i really didn't want to do this, but oh well... working flawlessly now, even Bluetooth! :p

vickyy17 likes this.
  3. Guidoce

Guidoce , Dec 17, 2015 :
    I was really thinking that is a matter of software.
    I expect great things form OP.
    :)

CodeGlitch likes this.
  4. doublear
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2015

doublear , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Is a young "stable" version but is very good :)

CodeGlitch likes this.
  5. hotsauce
    Lollipop Dec 17, 2015

hotsauce , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Personally it's a no buy for me, I thought about it but there are several things I just cannot over look.

1. Missing important LTE bands for Tmobile and AT&T. I'm on Tmobile is the most annoying thing about the OPO is missing Band 12 LTE, this suck when you're inside of the mall (where I am often:)), I would lose signal when I'm inside of a store.

2. Slower graphical performance than my OPO, many people have tested this, and the OPX just doesn't perform as good on gaming as the OPO.

3. Mediocre camera, again many have tested the camera on the OPX and it's not as good as even the decent camera on the OP2. This is a let down because I would be happy if it's the same camera as the OP2, but it's not.

bonghollywood likes this.
  6. Zhighvoltage
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2015

Zhighvoltage , Dec 17, 2015 :
    U
    U got the ceramic version?

7. guisbro

guisbro , Dec 17, 2015 :
    All 13 GB on my EXTERNAL SD card has been saved automatically by apps

8. sumanthbs1988
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2015

sumanthbs1988 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    One Plus is Awesome!!

doublear likes this.
  9. sumanthbs1988
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2015

sumanthbs1988 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    It becomes a little hot while playing games like COC or need for speed. otherwise its best. Camera is good when you see the price range. :) All happy about the OPX apart from the data transfer issue that I have after the new OS update. I am unable to transfer video(.mp4 or .avi... )files gets an error Cannot open 13 and all files in the memory card and phone memory vanishes. I wont be able to see them on my laptop when connected. I will have to reconnect to the phone.

10. vickyy17
    Gingerbread Dec 17, 2015

vickyy17 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    OPX not being able to support 5ghz wifi is the biggest drawback of the phone. OPX could've been the best in the price range if it supported it. battery couldn have been slightly bumped to 2700mah as 2500mah is not sufficient to power a hungry SD 801 and a FHD screen. rest all is a treat to see and work with

11. doublear
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2015

2 is a software bugs, with an alternative kernel I play fluid games like OPO and OP2.
    3 Photo in daylight are beautiful for me.

5ghz it's a big lack, I know.

The battery is perfect for me

Screenshot_2015-12-17-01-55-34.png

12. UnicornKaz

Well, You are the 1st to make that claim sir... Maybe others can chime in but I've never seen otherwise ( Android filesystem doesn't work that way )

Or... we could be comparing metric vs imperial ... who knows :eek:

I gave my example above...

In that case, when you install, the game download huge graphic file (OBB) and it's located in "/android/obb"

Try to move that to the EXTERNAL and let me know if that will work ( someone prove me wrong? )

I am saying the majority of your whole apps/games files cannot be on external..( they are stored internally by design.. only certain things can be moved, again...limitations )

... and by what you're saying, you are claiming otherwise.

...we disagreed ( opinion is welcome )... but for the sake of nipping the bug... I need someone to chime in regarding the huge OBB file ( gigs ) location here.

( I don't think it's a bug since it's by design ). :cool:

13. UnicornKaz

#1 is a bug ??

I thought having or have not the amount of bands is a hardware thing ? :confused: :cool:

14. doublear
    Jelly Bean Dec 17, 2015

Sorry, I made a mistake. 1 is a lack.

15. guisbro

guisbro , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Viewranger maps, Camera fv-5 photos and Amazon music

16. Guidoce

Guidoce , Dec 17, 2015 :
    This is because you do not have to be disturbed while you go shopping!

With fine tune you'll get great graphical performances. Refer to specific threads.

Ok low light is weak but is a matter of time you will see improvement in camera app.

But since you are an happy owner of OPO why move to OPX they have different target users.

Fstop and doublear like this.
  17. hotsauce
    Lollipop Dec 17, 2015

hotsauce , Dec 17, 2015 :
    1. Actually when shopping internet connectivity is extremely important for price comparison and coupons download.
    2. If you definition of fine tune includes using a differnet kernel or any other techy stuff, i'm not interested. The phone should work well right out of the box like every other phones.
    3. You said it's matter of time the camera will get better but you don't know that for a fact. The camera on my OPO never gotten better.
    4. Battery life on my OPO has declined greatly after 1+ year of usage. I did a factory restored and still not improving. And did you hear that I'm not happy with the OPO lack of lte 12 and mediocre camera?

And finally, you can't call a phone the best phone when there are several fatal flaws like that.

bonghollywood, zdravke and Guidoce like this.
  18. shadowko
    Eclair Dec 17, 2015

19. OmarFPG

OmarFPG , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Nice review, I hadn't seen it. :) I'm quite impressed by this phone.

doublear likes this.
  20. malidan
    Nougat Dec 17, 2015

malidan , Dec 17, 2015 :
    No where near bring one of the best.
    Or the top 10, 20, 30.
    Its not even as good as the OPO.
    The price is irrelevant especially when I can name 2 devices that are better and cheaper.