The OP6 Specs Confirmed On Tenaa With Only 3300 mAh To Power It

1. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 5, 2018

Dunnow , May 5, 2018 :
    but Xiaomi sells mainly in china, and except Huawei and Xiaomi every other brand has lost sells this first quarter in there. In fact, Samsung has reported 50% loses...

In Hamburg the lead camera developer was amazed that we didn't give a single **** about beauty mode. He truly could not understand it. He told me that if you dared to sell a phone in china without it, it would just not sell.

Miui is an OS catered to the chinese market... In fact, from the ones I've seen, it's quite good in comparison.

Granted, I grew up with MIUI on my SGS every other week back when it was a fork from CM7 with WAY nicer UI.

pa5t1s, Salt505 and theshinybeast like this.
  2. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2018

G_Mr_.... , May 5, 2018 :
    That's what people was saying about the OP 5T & it turns out that the 3300mah is more than enough.
    Well for me anyways.

3. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 5, 2018

Dunnow , May 5, 2018 :
    I think they should fix their price. 500€. Period. The top. then lower 30€ per storage jump. and when a new device is released, lower everything by 50€

so, if I wanted to buy a 5 when the 5t launched, 450 for the maxed out one.

But maybe i'm being delusional...

4. Hruday Sasank Yadavalli
    Froyo May 5, 2018

Hruday Sasank Yadavalli , May 5, 2018 :
    the battery is not that bad. I am using the opx and this battery barely makes it to the end of the day, the upgrade will last me much longer.

5. malidan
    Marshmallow May 5, 2018

malidan , May 5, 2018 :
    A matter of preference.

I've used Miui and I've used OOS and Miui has less bugs, more features, more bling, changing fonts and accents colours makes no odds to me.
    The stock thing also make no odds to me if the things full of bugs, I'm really not seeing any benefits of running stock these days. The OP is full of cheats and hacks, the Pixel is stock and they are still getting creamed for speed and battery life.
    Oems have actually started to work on their OS's and they are a far cry from what selective memories would have it.
    As long as Google continue to force full Gapps onto every device, everything has bloat as far as I'm concerned, by the time i had uninstalled that which Samsung had not installed as system apps the count is virtually the same as it would on a stock device
    Root, roms, Xiaomi devices are well supported and their Dev program blows all OEMS out the water when it comes to updates count.( weekly)
    Where do you think OP got their beta program from;)

pa5t1s and Salt505 like this.
  6. malidan
    Marshmallow May 6, 2018

malidan , May 6, 2018 :
    That would be nice, but that horse bolted with the LTD edition OP3.
    From the moment they went from £305 to £399 on the 3/3T in the UK, with the minimal of improvements and what would have been next to no extra cost over the 3 the writing was on the wall.

Last edited: May 6, 2018

pa5t1s, Brownz, ghostofcain and 4 others like this.
  7. Matt 80
    Lollipop May 6, 2018

Matt 80 , May 6, 2018 :
    Yeah man, the price hike from the op3 to the 3t was outrageous, and all for incredibly minor upgrades.

8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 6, 2018

theshinybeast , May 6, 2018 :
    It's a very important preference though.
    In fact most OEMs are frantically "deskinning" and debloating their takes on Android. All that useless bling is being pruned back and sooner or later they'll be very OOS-ish. NB the MiA1, even Samsung are cutting back on the trash.:D

9. Salt505
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2018

Salt505 , May 6, 2018 :
    The 5 also has a 3,300 mAh battery that makes for a great balance between fast charging and battery life. Almost all of the time my 5 can last me a day and a half, and when it finally gives out, I can charge it back quickly with Dash charging.

As for the processor upgrades, I get significantly better battery life on my 5 (SD 835) than my friend who has a 3T (SD 821) with 100 more mAh. The Snapdragon 845 supposedly has a 30% bump in efficiency over the 835. But in the end the only thing that can tell the whole truth is having the phone in your hand. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

pa5t1s and malidan like this.
  10. GokuUltraInstincts
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2018

GokuUltraInstincts , May 6, 2018 :
    Nah 3300 is enough for moderate and heavy users like me. But like you said. It's barely enough. They should at least make it 3500 + or 4000 mAh.

malidan and Salt505 like this.
  11. Salt505
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2018

Salt505 , May 6, 2018 :
    Despite what I said above, a battery that size would be perfect. Sadly the CEOs think that what the customers want is really thin phones with smaller batteries...

malidan likes this.
  12. GokuUltraInstincts
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2018

GokuUltraInstincts , May 6, 2018 :
    Honestly yes thin phone's are overrated. It's indeed easier to hold, but if it restricts us to get a better battery life, then they should make it thicker to have a better battery capacity. Like I said I agree with your point, even Huawei.

I get like 20 to 30 percent every evening by 6 or 7 o'clock PM. I watch Netflix and the battery needs charging. That's enough for me but barely.

OnePlus should honestly did a survey about this sort of stuff.

Salt505 likes this.
  13. malidan
    Marshmallow May 6, 2018

malidan , May 6, 2018 :
    Yeah I noticed a few listening to biased reviewers on YT and they will see the results in their sales.

Asus comes to mind first and foremost their skin wasn't half bad and their apps all used to be top rated on Play.

The deskinning is a natural thing as a lot of what they have removed are guides, with the length of time Android had been out there guides are no longer needed .( I see OP have now added some) The generation that would have been required them have now had 3-4 year to acclimatise and now know there way around their given choice.
    Just as some find it hard to navigate skinned OS's even more find it hard to navigate stock.

Stock does not sell devices to the masses, hense Google adding more and more OEM features to base code.

pa5t1s, theshinybeast and Salt505 like this.
  14. stephenboyo
    KitKat May 6, 2018

stephenboyo , May 6, 2018 :
    Well I think camera will always be OP's weakest point because you can't cheat on that one aspect. You either have a great camera with great software to power it or a poor camera with poor software. So far OP has gone for the latter and it's cameras have been mediocre to very average at best. The new OP6 looks like the latest OPPO flagship with a notch at the top so I guess they're keeping it in the OPPO family and using a single template for their range of flagships. Thankfully I'm not wasting my money on a new phone this year.

15. stephenboyo
    KitKat May 6, 2018

stephenboyo , May 6, 2018 :
    Well If theyre offering a 6.3" amoled screen with an apple -notch for cosmetic effect they're hardly going to peg the price at £500. The OP6''s cosmetic changes will make it at least $100 above last year's OP5t' but you'll be getting essentially the same phone with .2" more screen and a brighter amoled screen but hopefully not another Optic one

Last edited: May 15, 2018

Aman Singh gurjar, pa5t1s and malidan like this.
  16. Mahammad94
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2018

Mahammad94 , May 6, 2018 :
    I wish there was also 1440p, it didn't really matter, but after seeing beautiful lg and Samsung screen, I crave it

17. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 6, 2018

theshinybeast , May 6, 2018 :
    Hmmm, I reckon it does, iPhones are a prime example, more stock than that, impossible. Stock with a few added tweaks is what's going to sell I reckon, in certain markets at least. Thus why I say OOS is going in the right direction. EMUI, MIUI and even, to a lesser extent, Samsung Experience are really directed towards very specific markets, Chinese, Korean etc seem to prefer the bling and feature overkill, which is fine because UI is a very personal choice.
    I've noticed a swing away from the bling in the western markets . OP wasn't able to maintain two versions of an OS because of budget restraints but Huawei,Sammy, Xiaomi et al may end up doing precisely that.

pa5t1s and Salt505 like this.
  18. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2018

19. Mukund760
    Honeycomb May 6, 2018

Mukund760 , May 6, 2018 :
    I read some where that Snapdragon 845 is 30 more power efficient than 835, so battery life would be much better.

20. malidan
    Marshmallow May 6, 2018

malidan , May 6, 2018 :
    Agreed battery life from 820 -835 is better though SOC improvements because they have fitted smaller batteries, but they all still lag behind what the S7E produced.
    Oems are getting very clever at balancing the books and SOC power management improvemeants has given them easy bottom line improver.
    Imagine having the S7E's capacity in your devices, imagine having Huawei's capacity.

pa5t1s, Salt505 and ghostofcain like this.