malidan likes this.
  2. Rogier123
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2018

Rogier123 , May 6, 2018 :
    How are you not expecting a T model? o_O

3. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2018

waldwolf , May 6, 2018 :
    That is and was the intent from day one. (It's also why Pete L initially lied about OPPO owning 100% of OnePlus, until someone disclosed the truth after digging through Chinese government records.)

malidan and MentalDraco like this.
  4. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 6, 2018

theshinybeast , May 6, 2018 :
    Glass is glass. It breaks. If it's a very fine light sheet of glass, it still breaks.
    I don't mind a glass phone so much but that it's lighter or not makes absolutely no difference.
    giphy-2.gif

malidan likes this.
  5. G_John_Hill_ysqS
    Froyo May 6, 2018

6. malidan
    Nougat May 6, 2018

malidan , May 6, 2018 :
    No SD scheduled for this year and there will be no new screen tech within their price range, so it don't see what they could do to improve the device.
    But having now seen the confirmed specs, they have left 2 they specs they can improve on without adding further costs.
    Without the change in screen ratio how would they have been able to make a T last year? The main thing that will bring about a T is if Vivo play nice with the IDFR, but that will most likely be saved for the 7.
    The time has come for the return of the X.

Last edited: May 6, 2018

theshinybeast likes this.
  7. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 7, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 7, 2018 :
    My point is that heavier the phone, more will be stress passed on during impact to the materials made of glass (display and now the back too), and there is a higher chance of the force being big enough to crack/ break the glass. Will you guys still disagree?

I thought you guys will come up with something like how significant it will be, instead of coming up with a moot point.

8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 7, 2018

theshinybeast , May 7, 2018 :
    I just think that there just isn't a phone light enough for this to be revelant. A few grams difference really isn't going to change anything.

9. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 7, 2018

Dunnow , May 7, 2018 :
    I don't think it makes a difference at all. But if we REALLY need an answer for this I could ask a mechanical engineer friend of mine to do simulations... but again, we don't even have the strength of the materials or stress information from gorilla glass to be sure. Nor the frame design and reinforcements to properly do simulations to begin with.

My point is, at WHATEVER weight the phone is, if the phone hits from a corner, directly on the glass, it will break, regardless of it's weight. Because that is the weak point of glass, it's pressure proven but not impact proven. Glass is weak against impact. And the phone, for sure, weights more than would require for glass not to shatter. So, weight is not important factor anymore, since both cases, would break the glass regardless of its weight. Since both scenarios already surpass the threshold.

It is that simple. If you told me a thinner phone would be UNDER the threshold then this discussion would matter, but it is not. So... yeah...

10. Matt 80
    Lollipop May 7, 2018

Matt 80 , May 7, 2018 :
    Yep

1525683623183.jpg

iNtEnSePL and Liehjan like this.
  11. Dunnow

12. Matt 80
    Lollipop May 7, 2018

13. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 7, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 7, 2018 :
    I don't understand the obsession of OEMs today to achieve maximum screen to body ratio and slimmest form factor. why can't they just increase the thickness a little and but in a bigger battery? most people would prefer a bigger battery as opposed to an insignificantly slimmer phone.

on the LG G7, even the LCD display is acceptable, but the 3000 mAh battery isn't.

14. neo_bpm
    Gingerbread May 7, 2018

15. Daniel_Skultety
    Froyo May 7, 2018

Daniel_Skultety , May 7, 2018 :
    I'll be judging the price based on the specs. I would not mind paying more if they will be innovative (e.g. in-screen fingerprint that won't require turning the display on in a first place) and/or add features - there is plenty of them still missing for a flagship:
    - water resistance
    - wireless charging
    - Netflix streaming out of box
    - USB 3.0
    - MirrorLink support
    - Project Treble support
    - screen protector that won't hide 1mm of screen on every side
    - original design, not a useless and blind copycat

Battery size is fine and so will hopefully be the dashcharging.

16. Topper_Gas
    Jelly Bean May 7, 2018

Topper_Gas , May 7, 2018 :
    It sounds like OP may well address most of those features, apart from the last two of the list which I doubt many buyers worry about anyway.

17. LOCKDOWN117
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2018

18. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb May 7, 2018

Vignesh_chandz , May 7, 2018 :
    I guess it's still the battery topper compared to any smartphone with measly sized batteries. Oh having the Dash charge has been a techno pleasure anyone ever could pleasurize. Stop lamenting and start enjoying. Rumors revealed less , short lived tho.
    May 16 will be the best answera to any rumors speculating and rekindling the technological experience.

19. Dunnow

Dunnow , May 7, 2018 :
    I have the OP2 still. When I went to the Hamburg Forum to give feedback on the camera quality, people held it, and was amazed on how heavy and thick it was. People has just gotten used to light not so noticeable devices.... now... trying to make them get a heavier bulkier phone would not sell, just because that's how the market is.

I'd rather have 4k mAh and half a milimeter more too...