The Orzly experience

1. WillL
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 13, 2014

WillL , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my experience of the Orzly protector as there are probably many people in a similar position - have just got the phone or will be receiving one soon. I've used screen protectors in the past (not tempered glass) and have normally been disappointed with the results, obvious bubbles I can't remove so for my last phone, I didn't bother with one but still managed to keep it in very good condition (e.g. no scratches etc).

As the OPO was a bit more expensive, I decided to give the Orzly a try as I'd read good things about it. I applied it today and after attaching the screen there was a circular "wet patch" that refused to go so I lifted one edge up to the patch and then repositioned it, this cleared it nicely.

I do have 2 very tiny dust particles under the protector but these can only be seen when the display is off (i.e. the screen is totally black) and you have to really look hard to find them. The good news though, no bubbles and it would be very difficult for someone to work out there is actually a protector on top of the screen.

Overall, very pleased with this but one question for someone who has this or a similar product, how difficult will this be to remove when fully hardened (instructions says this takes about 9 hours)? Just wondering what happens if the protecter gets badly scratched or cracked.

takeabyte and Zarv like this.
  2. madmike95
    KitKat Nov 13, 2014

madmike95 , Nov 13, 2014 :
    Not difficult to remove at all, the first time i applied it was a little bit too much on the left, after a day i couldn't bear to see it like that anymore, so i removed it and reapplied it, no bubbles or dust residues..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014

3. WillL
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 13, 2014

WillL , Nov 13, 2014 :
    So the adhesive substance never fully dries? Good to know it can be removed fairly easily (I assume yours had fully bonded) in the event of damage.

4. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 15, 2014

McAwesomePL and DRCH like this.
  5. DRCH
    Marshmallow Nov 15, 2014

McAwesomePL and gusuraman like this.
  6. Majed
    Froyo Nov 15, 2014

Majed , Nov 15, 2014 :
    I don't think it is a good idea to remove it and reapply it... Because in most cases you gonna ruin the screen protector...

7. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 15, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 15, 2014 :
    ...but many succeed doing that. They even washed before reapply

8. Necronaut
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 15, 2014

9. Tyronekramsey
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2014

Tyronekramsey , Nov 15, 2014 :
    There was a very small chip and i made a small bubble when i try to take it off the tempered glass cracked and it put it down fast now thats a big crack going through it i just left it on there because its better than nothing

10. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 16, 2014

gusuraman , Nov 16, 2014 :
    Sorry to hear that:(
    Did you already ordered new one?

11. Dzumar1
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2014

Dzumar1 , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I applied the Orzly tempered glass screen protector and have one small "bloom" towards the bottom of the screen that won't go away. It's barely noticeable but irks me because I know it's there. The upside is the screen protector is very easy to rub clean so I don't have nearly as many finger print smudges as on the display glass alone. It does darken the display somewhat and I suppose I could increase brightness to compensate for this (at the expense of battery life most likely).

12. Junction
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2014

13. david795
    Eclair Nov 21, 2014