The Pursuit of Excellence: Striving to Deliver the Best Display Experience

1. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 4, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Haha maybe they'll get displays from a different manufacturers :p

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 4, 2020

SJBoss, tobias14, Batman360 and 2 others like this.
  3. Moin2200
    KitKat Jun 4, 2020

Moin2200 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I agree. This whole post seems more like a cop out of not wanting to admit mistake. Even addressing that the updates are only to make it a better experience instead of explaining what the updates were actually trying to solve.

Pretty disappointed with this post as black crush is an annoyance which led me to stop watching videos on my phone.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

4. Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  5. maarten_lisboa
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 4, 2020

maarten_lisboa , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 4, 2020 :
    A typical "all is fine" post which fits perfectly in the new style of oneplus that I don't like at all.
    Reading the comments the community thinks differently and I thought the brand was all about that? Or is the community just a way to keep the fanboys hyped for the next phone that isn't ready for launch?
    I don't like this American way of marketing, all this good news show and biggest en fastest and so on. Say how it is, admit when things are not as planned and stop this fake good news posts. It is ok to have not the fastest and biggest as long as the product in general is price/quality the top. That was the reason I started with Oneplus on the 3T.

So say how it is :Covid 19 is causing lots of problems to make new phones, India hasn't seen much of deliveries, the US was ofcourse first to receive and the screen had/has? some issues.. easy. Oh yes, and Europe will get some but will pay the highest price as always.

TibiTibi, bjorg18, hokkto and 4 others like this.
  6. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

Batfink32 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I guess this is the official statement on the display problems then?! £900 for a phone with green tint ,black crush display. Thanks for that OP!

7. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

Max_Fremps , Jun 4, 2020 :
    yep, no word about Display problems............
    I think it's hardware and they won't recall all device of fist batch because for them are a lot of money waste

P1591136610336 and Batfink32 like this.
  8. Sindbaddsailor , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jun 4, 2020 :
    does it look some kind of joke to you ,you bloody , is it fun its been a month you took pre-booked for oneplus 8 pro ,you mother ****** now you are playing game every alternate 3 days you are opening a sale for oneplus 8 not for oneplus 8 pro, you bastard ,you return our money ,this is really nonsense of you guy really bad ,.[e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e][e]1f621[/e]

Shiyamsundar612 likes this.
  9. Huigiebaby
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2020

Huigiebaby , Jun 4, 2020 :
    He does mention the display issues but in the most political or vague way possible...

And if you read between the lines he even says it's not fixed for all and more updates will follow.

bjorg18 likes this.
  10. 23038237 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 4, 2020 :
    from last 6 month I'm waiting for one plus 8 pro launching..
    I hope one plus team will send me invitation code..
    cause I really love OnePlus oxygen os and it's trueflagship features..
    I love OnePlus from OP 5 TO 6T as I use both devices.
    and having strong dream to have OnePlus 8 pro earlier..
    thanks and regards,
    Rahul Ahire

11. Flawn_
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

P1591136610336 likes this.
  12. Sinnaz0709

Sinnaz0709 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jun 4, 2020 :
    you know coming to think about it .....this post has a message about offering a better screen experience.....what if....they are intentionally delaying the further release of devices until they fix the display issues plaguing the OnePlus 8 Pro...

Imagine having to deal with all these support / complaints from their major market India .... especially with the device being cheaper there ....it kinda makes sense....have it seem as tho they are out of stock ....control the number being released to make it seem as tho they are trying to make it available....buy some time to fix the screen issue and Widevine DRM issue ....once all is well...they open up sales freely 🤣🤓🧐🤔 and devices soon become available....

13. nithin2211 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 4, 2020 :
    you are not allowing indians to experience the oneplus 8 pro inspite of it getting launched in april.......
    all people from major countries are enjoying the devices making me jealous.... nd there is not even any update regarding the announcement of the pro version sale date in india

Shiyamsundar612 likes this.
  14. LordBeggar
    Gingerbread Jun 4, 2020

LordBeggar , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Since the production is low due to Covid 19, I believe they are sending the stocks (oneplus 8 pro) to the western countries because the profit margin is higher than India

15. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jun 4, 2020

SJBoss , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Nope he doesn't... :rolleyes:
    You're just making up statements.
    If that's the case.... They're even more stupid.

16. Sinnaz0709

17. JustASoftwareEngineer

18. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 4, 2020

meatandy , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Possibly , Check your country-specific OnePlus website or trade-in offers.

19. jantheman
    Donut Jun 4, 2020

jantheman , Jun 4, 2020 :
    So I just bought a brand new OnePlus 8 Pro off of Amazon and was aware of all the screen issues people are having. My device seems pretty much fine so far, yet I noticed two darker spots at each bottom corner of the screen. As they appear to be identical I’m thinking that’s just how the screen is manufactured? Would be nice to hear from someone if they have the same spots on their devices.

Attached Files: