The REAL Reasons Behind Why People Are Upset About the Size

1. agile_one
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

agile_one , Apr 24, 2014 :
    OP is just getting started - the One is first product. Not illogical that they may have follow on of smaller, "mini" or "compact" model ala' HTC, Sony, Samsung and others. In fact, that would make perfect sense, and I, for one, would welcome it.

Simian and Japultra like this.
  2. serj_mig
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2014

serj_mig , Apr 24, 2014 :
    First they need to survive. They barely have any margins here with the One, so they need to sell plenty just to stay in-game.

I wouldn't expect to see a smaller version of the One before the Two. Maybe around the next year?

3. PandaSPUR
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

mohamed and Fadi like this.
  4. Gery S.
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

Gery S. , Apr 24, 2014 :
    No one likes bigger phones, just bigger screens in normal sized bodies!
    A big screen with almost no bezel, thats the phone everyone wants!!

Japultra likes this.
  5. disellusional

disellusional , Apr 24, 2014 :
    they can't risk dilution right now.
    At least one to two quarters of this... Possibly see an European version otherwise

6. PhonePersonality
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

PhonePersonality , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Kudos to you.
    This is a great write up!

Japultra likes this.
  7. jake81
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

8. shadymilkman
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

shadymilkman , Apr 24, 2014 :
    @Fadi @Konzure You two, lack a fundamental ability to critically analyze written text objectively .

Some other folks, who want the people who are complaining to stop, its ironic that you would need to 'express' that frustration in a thread like this.. the fact that youre unaware of this absurdity is disappointing.

PandaSPUR likes this.
  9. fazeh
    Donut Apr 24, 2014

10. Simian
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Simian , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I'm confused about the outrage that OPO 'Lied' about fitting a 5.5" screen into a 5" phone. Personally, I'm impressed that they managed to cram a screen that's a half-inch bigger into a package only slightly larger than my HTC One M8. What more can you ask for?

11. GreenUser
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

GreenUser , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Besides from all the lying and deception stuff - there are also good good reasons to buy a phablet...

Krebel84 likes this.
  12. Guibock
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

13. Jamesrmacy
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Jamesrmacy , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I gueass some people like to whine and complain. If you dont like the size get your S**T and get the H**L out its simple their research shows that obviously more people will buy this rather than a 5in device. Also it is 9 mm taller thats less than a centimeter big fn whoop. Every company lies whether they put out false leaks like samsung has done in the past! Or How about Samsung lying about to having a premiere s5 coming out in q3, then one in india is seen in the wild! Youre glinh to find something to complain about on every device! There will e people that get behind you, but we dont want to hear this crap spewing. By the way the is a FAN page not a conplaing about every little fn thing. The size of this PHONE is perfect, will rough be the same screen size as the G3 and i believe the G3s leaked size was roughly 3 or 4mm less than this phone

14. disellusional

15. disellusional

disellusional , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Link to
    Link to India leak?

16. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Japultra , Apr 24, 2014 :
    You have completely missed the entire purpose of this thread. :rolleyes:

mohamed likes this.
  17. Konzure
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

Konzure , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I'm what I am, but surely you could do better. Please read the full thread and then give us an example of your skills.

18. _ASSASSIN_

_ASSASSIN_ , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I personally think phablets are cool and all. OPO has an advantage of.
    1. having a balanced weight
    2. a narrower width (than the Find 7 and Note 3) which would make it easier to hold.
    But I agree, they should learn from this and make a 5 inch screen next time. I think they wanted to go into the phablet market seeing how successful the note line is and how it has basically 0 competition.

19. Simian
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Simian , Apr 24, 2014 :
    To me it's not the current size that's the problem, it's the size creep. These things are getting bigger and bigger, and carrying a humongous phone is increasingly normal. For me it's not an issue. I'm a big guy and have big hands. When we upgraded from our old GS3s, though, I had to take the humiliating step of purchasing an iPhone 5s (shudder) for my wife, just so she'd have a decent phone that she could actually hold and use with one hand.

20. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Japultra , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Why is that impressive? The G2 has a 5.2" screen and is a lot smaller than the 5" One M8. The One is a HUGE phone for its screen size and definitely not a screen:body ratio that should be applauded.

Tobias likes this.