The REAL Reasons Behind Why People Are Upset About the Size

1. Tyler Hansen
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Tyler Hansen , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Well said good man! I'm going to buy this phone most definitely, but to "never settle" means to appease to the majority and a good majority would like this phone to be smaller. This phone is groundbreaking, but not as groundbreaking as it could be. Great job on making an awesome device OP, but I think it could be just a bit better.

Japultra likes this.
  2. Simian
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Simian , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Yes, but the G2 is a POS.

3. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

4. falkbuerger
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

falkbuerger , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The Size is pretty normal...
    Its just allways a comparison.
    If you buy a Note 3 and use it daily you would not think its big vor either too big.

trueoneplusone likes this.
  5. Simian
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Simian , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Then I pity you. LoL.

6. shadymilkman
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

shadymilkman , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Of course, I would hardly levy such a claim if it wasnt warranted. It is only because I have read the whole thread that I feel comfortable saying that about you two specifically. One your lack of understanding of a simple statement made by the CEO, or assertion that it is others and not you who have misunderstood a single sentence is proof enough. Your continued efforts to blindly argue the contrary, without even a modicum of understanding with respect to the opposing view shows an inability to constructively debate a topic. You parrot the same point as if saying more will give it meaning it doesnt have.

OP Lied. Irrespective of anything else, the statement they made is factually incorrect. Regardless of other companies and their practices, OP propagated a false statement, and should be held accountable so that it doesnt happen again.

If youre comfortable being lied to, thats your prerogative, linguistic gymnastics is not everyones strong suit, so its harder for some of us to rationalize a blatant lie.

Tobias and Japultra like this.
  7. Tyler Hansen
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

I love my g2. Besides the fact that it always turns on in my pocket (due to the buttons on the back) it's quite wonderful.

Japultra likes this.
  8. Tyler Hansen
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

What this all comes down to is appealing to the consumer because I think there would be A LOT less people complaining if this device was smaller. So why did they go the way they did? Not the best marketing strategy. Maybe it was just easier to manufacture.

9. Japultra
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Japultra , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Yep it's been rated Best Phone of this or that (some are best of 2013, some are best Android phone at the moment, etc.) a few times by tech blogs.

10. Simian
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Simian , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Do you two want to get a room, or are you just going to fellate each other right here?

11. disellusional
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2014

disellusional , Apr 24, 2014 :
    A lot less minus the statement. I don't think people would be so angry if they omitted it

Japultra likes this.
  12. Kban
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

13. K25TM
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

K25TM , Apr 24, 2014 :
    how i envisioned the whole 5.5" screen in 5" chassis/ fits under Z1:
    oneplus.jpg

Japultra likes this.
  14. Simian
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

15. Jamesrmacy
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

16. disellusional
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2014

17. K25TM
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

K25TM , Apr 24, 2014 :
    This is the Z1, the speakers are front facing stereo speakers.
    Edit: sorry, confused for the Z2, anyway the speaker is downward facing.

18. Grayson Bianco
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

Grayson Bianco , Apr 24, 2014 :
    How about when they changed the processor for us after most people threw a hissy fit? And if you look at the polls, they picked the top or 2nd most selected choice. And to everyone here, if you wish to complain, don't buy the phone. Grow up and get another phone then.

19. sarfraz
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

sarfraz , Apr 24, 2014 :
    I have been reading these threads and wanted to reply till I got your comment. To be very honest, I would say that they never listened to us. It was just a marketing tactics that "We listen and care our customers and others care about money".

The size, components and features all were decided before launching this so called new company with "never settle"Mantra. It is OPPO not a new company. Its just a a new face. I have posted so many times here, even before they announced anything that OPO will be just OPPO find 7 with few cosmetic changes. And now you have seen this. Its not a new phone, its just OPPO with few compromises.
    These are just business tactics, where, a company launches different daughter companies with different names and slogans.

Aymar and Tobias like this.
  20. Griz054
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

Griz054 , Apr 24, 2014 :
    No one has put out one thin dime on this phone so far. If you don't like the end result, just move on. It's a phone. It amazes me the amount of time some people spend on arguing about MM and screen ratio, etc. Lots of "entitled" people on this forum.