[The Showcase] A Fanboy Review Of The Explorer Backpack - Harichand

1. harichand raghavan The Showcase Reviewer Nov 30, 2018

harichand raghavan, Nov 30, 2018 :
    1543584923620.jpg
    The Bang for the buck tag has always been with OnePlus since its breakthrough in the mobile industry in 2014. It's pretty sure no one can deny what the company offers best experience and joy without burning a hole in your wallet.

The date today is 30-11 -2018. It's been almost a week since I received the backpack from HeadQuaters in Shenzhen.I recently moved to the UAE in search of a job and receiving this here wasn't a piece of cake at all . With all the tension and the nail biting sessions which we (Reviewer Squad in India) had to go through since the day the back left the headquarters. My Friends back in Europe @Elliro and @Its.Leandroo had no troubles there .DHL man I take a minute of silence for all the pain you left Reviewer Squad and @Trista W. with. The customs check,invoice and what more hahaha . Well I am thankful that @Trista W. and the team managed this part pretty clean. I am sorry for a couple of friends back in India especially our mod man @camohan who is yet to receive his. 1543759839718.jpg

The Oneplus explorer backpack cost rupees 4999 INR here in India,Hey stop !!!! U just said u moved to the UAE,yes I did but ma heart is still der in India and it comes in two colour options,Slate grey and Morandi green. The most funny and disappointing thing is even after 4 years competing with the major OEM and cracking themselves out from the startup shell it still works on invite system. The bag weighs around 850 grams. The biggest feature here would be the Fidlock system and Water resistance. It has 3 compartments and 8 pockets and can fit in almost anything. I have the Morandi green with me and has a polyester material on the external like anyone OnePlus the material and the design used here is top notch.
    1543755935830.jpg

At a Glance:

CAPACITY :18 l

WEIGHT :850 g

COMPARTMENTS : 3

POCKETS :8

SHOULDER STRAP: Padded with DuPont Kevlar Fibre swing line

LAPTOP STRAP : Yes

REAR PADDING : Yes
    1543754671337.jpg

Well in one statement Beautiful Durable and one accessory that's hard to get your hands on but what I can tell you is how pretty lucky I am to have one with me.when the bag was unpacked I was like Gosh!!!!! it looks small but I remember @Crystal Z. pulling out food packets every few minutes like a Santa who throws away goodies from his bag, when she was here in Delhi for the 6T launch.

1543755641321.jpg

This changed once I had a closer look,i can tell you one thing for sure filling this Champs will cost you a lot of time because you can fit yourself inside lol .

I had taken my backpack around Dubai during a couple of interviews and offline job hunting sessions. It's winter here in the UAE so I normally carry my power banks , charging cables ,headphones , my visa and passport,a jacket, my resume file holder , some snacks and my lunch box since I leave home early in the morning I reach back late in the night. To my surprise all of this just fits in like a bliss
    1543755793551.jpg

Let's dig deeper, inside is a laptop compartment which has a strap to keep up 15 inch laptop in place. The padding provided on the top surface of the laptop used in thinner when compared to the bottom cushion but it can pretty well protect your laptop. That is also a small accessory compartment provided with zipper where you can place in your cables and power banks. 1543748121059.jpg

On the front is a small pocket which is deep enough to easily accommodate your laptop charger your notebooks I usually taking my lunch box in it. At the bottom is a wide pocket which is lined with a water resistant material and is also a vented the pocket is completely reversible and can be cleaned with ease it is a good storage area where you can store in your wet umbrellas and for your stinky sweaty gym t-shirt. The most important feature in here is you have a circular vent at the corner this comes in handy while draining out the water and also provides air to surpass to prevent bad odour.
    1543756264668.jpg
    On side you have a water bottle pocket, but it doesn't take anything bigger than a 250 ml water bottle it is pretty tough to squeeze in a big bottle.
    1543756419202.jpg

The one big issue essays from day one is the Fidlock snap fastener. It is really satisfying to hear it snap and get locked but back spinal part of getting it locked is really telling and than impossible if you don't have your bag filled in which stuff. I normally have my hand feel the cavity and then snap lock together.

At the back you have two pockets, a trolley sleeve which is quiet astonishing to see.The shoulder sleeve is made of DuPont Kevlar Fibre swing line and is well padded.You have a secret compartment sandwiched between your laptop sleeve and your back. This compartment is also protected by thick padding.
    1543758618399.jpg

I use this space to keep my tablets and hard disk. Even though this was kept i have never felt any discomfort in the past one week of my usage. The zippers are smooth but using it as a daily driver would end up in slight issues. The main compartment zipper has a "L" shaped design which means it only opens till the top right corner of the main compartment and not all the way around.

PROS:)

• Fidlock system and security
    • Good padded shoulder straps
    • Huge compartment that got you covered for most of your stuff
    • Water resistant and minimalist design

CONS:(
    • Getting the back locked locked,aligning with this Fidlock is frustrating
    • The bag material keeps wrinkling which is sad to see
    • The Morandi green isn't fully water resist I wished it had a same material as the black version
    1543754766991.jpg

The OnePlus Explorer bag is a good offering from OnePlus but at the price tag of rupees 4999 INR, you still have a lot of other options to go with at pretty low prices than this. The explorer bag does stand out from the crowd when it comes to design build quality comfort and wear resistance. So at the end of the day it is your choice if you want to be a fanboy.

Special Mentions
    Logo : @Its.Leandroo
    Model: @ravi4ever
    Photo cc : @Chirag.joshi

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018

2. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 30, 2018

GopalB., Nov 30, 2018 :
    Not if the backpack is up straight...
    It aligns perfectly...

harichand raghavan likes this.
  3. harichand raghavan The Showcase Reviewer Nov 30, 2018

harichand raghavan, Nov 30, 2018 :
    well I still have problem.well may be it's just me

GopalB. likes this.
  4. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 30, 2018

GopalB., Nov 30, 2018 :
    Maybe its angry... :p

Chirag.joshi likes this.
  5. Chirag.joshi Froyo Nov 30, 2018

Chirag.joshi, Nov 30, 2018 :
    Awesome post hari.

6. harichand raghavan The Showcase Reviewer Nov 30, 2018

OALEXANDER likes this.
  7. OALEXANDER Indian POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 30, 2018

8. harichand raghavan The Showcase Reviewer Nov 30, 2018

9. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Nov 30, 2018

Funk Wizard, Nov 30, 2018 :
    Good one buddy, I get some nice memories reading this when we were in Delhi. Thanks for sharing and taking your time out to write this.
    See you next time around

10. Drewbikscube The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 5, 2018

Drewbikscube, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Wow excellent post! Very detailed! Thanks for sharing!

harichand raghavan likes this.
  11. harichand raghavan The Showcase Reviewer Dec 5, 2018

12. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 5, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Dec 5, 2018 :
    One word: professionalism.

Thank you for your honest review! :)