The Showcase - Pum's Backpack Review

1. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator Nov 29, 2018

puma95, Nov 29, 2018 :
    What’s up everyone!
    Here’s my review on my new daily companion :)

IMG_20181119_185440_001_001.jpg

First Impression & Experience
    I’ve been using it since a week now on a daily base and first off, it was quite the hard decision on the color! I really like that pastel colored lash from the morandi green one but overall the black version is more appealing to me, so I went with this one!
    On top of that the material used here is that fancy Cordura Nylon. I didn’t knew myself before but it is pretty famous in the outdoor & race clothing industry, pretty impressive, google it!

Anyway, so I started putting my stuff out of my old Travel Backpack [Link to review] into the new one and started doubting the size of the new one for a bit, since apparently the Explorer looks less spacious than the Travel Backpack. Obviously, if you have read my previous review you’d know that the previous OnePlus bag is exaggeratingly speaking a black hole!

But no worries, false alarm, everything fits in nicely and there’s still much room left.

It’s more spacious than I thought at first glance! I mean, it’s definitely smaller and has less pockets but it’s alright!

(Oh, this is my only complain so far btw!)

IMG_20181120_121512-min.jpg

In the wild
    Out in public fellow students and colleagues from work came up with lots of compliments!
    I never received compliments on a backpack before so this kinda surprised me! :3

They asked about the brand and where they could get one. Of course I told them that you have to belong to the cool kids to get one of these, sorry!

Anyway, one of my colleagues at work (from the media department) decided to help me out with photos, so we had a little spontaneous photo shooting! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

Favorites
    Well, enough of my blog post stories.
    Let me introduce you to my personal favorite features:

• Slim Profile and Design
      I absolutely love the design! It’s nothing common but not too fancy either! The colored lash gives it a nice little accent which makes the difference even for the inattentive eye. The logo is placed so well and it’s reflective! But that’s not all, it’s also pretty slender! While on first look I was afraid it could be too small I learned that it has enough room for my Laptop, notes, book, food, drink, charger and even my sports outfit! I’m impressed!
    • Padded Laptop Compartment
      This one’s my favorite! On my previous backpack I haven’t used the explicit laptop department at all. It felt too tight and didn’t had any padding to secure the machine. This one is different! It is nicely padded on all sides! And since it’s designed for notebooks up to 15”, my 13” Dell sinks in perfectly, embedded in the paddings.
    • Hidden Pockets
      Loved them on the Travel Backpack already! What’s better than having one hidden pocket? Two, ofc! I like them so much wished they would bee one more on the top lid where the Lash is attached to. If the designer of this backpack is reading this, pls take the hint! *wink*
    • Super soft straps and back side
      I haven’t expected it to feel that nice on the back honestly. Actually I haven’t thought anything about the straps or the back padding because it don’t stand out like on the Travel Backpack. But guess what, it’s surprisingly comfortable, just cozy!
    • Materials and Quality
      The backpack is minimalistic, it feels like it’s sewed in an simpler manner and has less stitching overall. This is a great thing because less stitching means fewer places that could tear open! The material feels great so far, it feels higher quality than my previous bag, I can’t say for sure whether it’s true but it feels better!

Conclusion
    Alright, so that’s it!
    Overall I’m very happy with the Explorer, especially because it just looks so cool! People are confusing it for a designer bag :3
    It’s perfectly suited for my daily student/work life and has some thoughtful features.
    Undoubtedly, there’s no other tech company around that makes cooler backpacks!
    Thanks for reading! :)

[​IMG]

2. luxuskamel KitKat Nov 29, 2018

Dresa91 and puma95 like this.
  3. JelleZon KitKat Nov 30, 2018

JelleZon, Nov 30, 2018 :
    der sieht so geil aus!
    habe noch den "alten" Rucksack hier und nutze ihn täglich

Dresa91 and puma95 like this.
  4. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator Nov 30, 2018

puma95, Nov 30, 2018 :
    ach mist! Ich war unaufmerksam :D Vielen Dank!

5. YASHPLUSONE. Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2018

YASHPLUSONE., Dec 1, 2018 :
    Ay, great read so far mahn!
    nice pictures mate, thumbs up to the media coordinator [e]1f609[/e]
    a nice composed review.
    and now for uniformity the same old questions just in case you want to answer,

[Time for the questions these remain same for all reviewers and the 6th one is the emotional Quotient let's see who surprises me here [e]1f609[/e]
    1.what do you think of the Fidlock?
    2. how long do you think that's gonna hold up against everyday usage?
    3.on a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend this bag to another person?
    4. which bag do you think(apart from this one) is the immediate substitute in terms of price and quality?
    5.i would love to see the backpack tackle live rain.
    (weather dependent)
    6.would you part with your beloved current backpack and switch to this ? [Emotional Quotient]
    thanks [e]1f60a[/e]

puma95 and vijay_lalwani like this.
  6. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator Dec 4, 2018

puma95, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Hey Yashplusone and thanks! :)

Sorry for replying so late, I got distracted the first time and couldn't finish my reply, sorry! :D

Anyways I'm glad to answer your question!

1.what do you think of the Fidlock?
    - I like it a lot! It looks really fancy in first place and works much better than I had expected, really smooth and quick!

2. how long do you think that's gonna hold up against everyday usage?
    - Hard question! Judging by the material alone I'd say decades! But I don't know about the seams. Even though it feels better build than the previous OP Backpack, if it rips open you probably won't be able to use it so it's hard to say :D

3.on a scale of 1-10 how much would you recommend this bag to another person?
    - Depends on the person! If he/she's looking for a fashionable yet spacious backpack + uncommon design then 10!
    If the person is looking for something to go travel with, having sleeping bag, gear and other stuff with them, then it's probably not the best choice, since it can get quite cramped inside if there's too many stuff :D

4. which bag do you think(apart from this one) is the immediate substitute in terms of price and quality?
    - I'd probably say it's on one level with the common designer/sports brands around.

5.i would love to see the backpack tackle live rain.
    (weather dependent)
    - Me too! But I hope I won't be the one getting soaked :D
    On a serious note, I trust the material being water resistant and the insides will definitely be safe if it's raining for a little while, I wouldn't go swimming with it though!

6.would you part with your beloved current backpack and switch to this ?
    Well, I literally did and I don't regret it :D
    I luckily became a person who has no strong bindings to material things, so no problem!

Hope the answers are fine like that!
    Thanks for the little interview and the cool idea! :)

YASHPLUSONE. likes this.
  7. YASHPLUSONE. Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2018

YASHPLUSONE., Dec 4, 2018 :
    satisfied! [e]1f60a[/e]

haha!
    thanks you for taking the time to answer, no issues about the delay.
    ah, you seem to be a tough guy.
    me on the other hand gets instantly connected to things [e]1f609[/e]
    all well thanks again.
    have a good day.
    Yash [e]1f60a[/e]

puma95 likes this.
  8. puma95 Jelly Bean Moderator Dec 4, 2018

puma95, Dec 4, 2018 :
    Thanks a lot,I wish you a great day too :)
    And no, I'm not a tough guy but would be good sometimes haha

oh and apparently none of my smiley's made it into my reply (or might be not visible on mobile) please use imagination haha

YASHPLUSONE. likes this.
  9. YASHPLUSONE. Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2018

YASHPLUSONE., Dec 4, 2018 :
    I can't see them for sure, but I will try to imagine stuff.
    haha! (no smiley this time [e]1f602[/e])
    good day mate!

puma95 likes this.
  10. Drewbikscube The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 5, 2018

Drewbikscube, Dec 5, 2018 :
    Great read! Thanks for sharing! I'm a proud owner of the green explorer backpack and I also love the slim profile. It's been an excellent transition from the OP travel backpack. While I enjoyed using the travel backpack, I'm very happy with this upgrade to the explorer backpack!

puma95 likes this.