The #Sixfactor Challenge - Winners announced!

1. amourati
    Froyo Jun 11, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 11, 2018

Sun90 and RJBoss like this.
  3. obakesan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 11, 2018

obakesan , Jun 11, 2018 :
    damn I'm like a bad student, last minute late night to rush and finish in time ;)

Ruby G. likes this.
  4. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2018

5. Awwarrior12
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2018

Awwarrior12 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    I am not able to create new thread. The contest end at 12 June, including review sumitted on 12 June or not?

rreeves17 likes this.
  6. G_Joseph_A._Kitts_NbDW
    Froyo Jun 11, 2018

7. EABowden

Ruby G. likes this.
  8. SnapDragon01

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  9. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Jun 11, 2018

Ruby G. and Punk_69 like this.
  10. Joel B
    Honeycomb Jun 11, 2018

Joel B , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Also updated my review in english, dutch and french! :D Good luck everyone!

Edit: added some tables and pics to make it a bit more visuably pleasing

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Jun 11, 2018

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  12. rusinrusev
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2018

rusinrusev , Jun 11, 2018 :
    # Sixfactor

1. Speed - You give me what I need
    2. Strenght - Premium build quality
    3. Power - DSLR quality Camera, Hyper fast finger print scanner and face unlock
    4. Beauty - Unique design with Lovely mat finish for Midnight black
    5. Comfort - Smooth Oxygen OS
    6. Delight - Gestures are like something that I have used all the time but infact for the first time. Thank You ONEPLUS.

13. calyman75
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2018

14. humannature
    Honeycomb Jun 12, 2018

Ruby G. likes this.
  15. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 12, 2018

16. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Jun 12, 2018

Joel B and Punk_69 like this.
  17. drmobo
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2018

drmobo , Jun 12, 2018 :
    As per usual, online participation doesn't work for me. I'm signed up, logged in, but can't create a new thread in Oneplus 6. Which makes me regret spending half an hour to write this (hasta la vista, signing off):

#Sixfactor Review by OMH (Old Man Hxxxxx!, solidly middle age, Peter Pan Syndrome)

I’ve read a lot of reviews of the Oneplus 6. I kind of feel like most reviewers read the first review (the “genesis review”) and got trapped into addressing the same points. I know the Oneplus 6 doesn’t have wireless charging, no stereo speakers, it has a “notch”, and it has a darn good camera setup. Thing is, I don’t really care much about this stuff. I want to know it but I don’t need to read paragraph after paragraph to explain the basics. I want to know what it’s like to use on a normal day. I use my phone mostly for work, reading news, taking pictures, and keeping in touch with family and friends. I rarely use social media, few games (gaming peaked in the early 90’s with Lemmings, FYI), and don’t examine pictures with a microscope. Unless I’m at work using a microscope; full disclosure – I’m a research scientist. With that perspective here’s my take on the phone.

Speed. When I’m late to a meeting and need to know where it is I need to know right now. This is an example of the numerous little things I need my phone to do fast. I know, not as sexy as the latest multiplayer game but this is the bread and butter work for my phone. Turn on, switch to the crappy but secure email program I have to use, and load my calendar. The Oneplus does this as fast as my fingers can make the request. This is A LOT faster than my last phone, a Motorola Moto Z. Same for sending a quick text or snapping a quick picture. I notice this every time I use it and I appreciate it. No matter how long the Oneplus 6 has been running it never slows down. I have given up closing programs, doesn’t matter on the Oneplus 6.

Strength. I have the matte black version. The matte glass on the back doesn’t feel like glass, it feels like something molded or carved out of a sold block. In fact, the entire phone feels like a solid piece of material. The weight of the phone adds to this feeling. I haven’t dropped it to test its strength but it feels like I could chop a tree down with it.

I find the battery to be quite strong. The test: the battery must always last an entire day. That’s all I need until we have batteries that last a week. I sleep every night and have time to charge my phone. The Oneplus 6 is generally at 30-50% at the end of my day. I am pleasantly surprised by this. There is enough charge left near the end of the day that I never get to the “is it going to make it?” stage.

I tend to look at a phone camera holistically. The Oneplus 6 camera app starts up immediately, has more options than I will use, and the pictures it takes are nearly as good as any other phone I’ve seen. Nearly as in most photos are fantastic. My wife has a new phone from a “major Android competitor” and both of our photos show up in the same Google photos account. There is no consistent or significant difference in the quality of photos from these two phones. Nuff said.

Power. As you know by now it runs like a scared rabbit. I can’t say how much is due to the hardware and how much is due to the Oxygen OS but I don’t care. Everything is instant and fluid. You know what I really like? During everyday use my old phone got quite warm to the touch. Even after extended use the Oneplus does not. It’s almost like the hardware and software are fully focused on what I want the phone to do!

Beauty. When I was a younger man I used to read Car and Driver. I was fascinated by the combination of design, engineering, and manufacturing that created such wonders as the Porsche 911. Now in the middle of my life I find I don’t care one bit about cars anymore. My interest in design and technology is much more pragmatic. I even appreciate compromises when they add significant value. What does impress me is a product that is made with intentional care. This is the rigidness of the phone, the solidness of the metal frame, the rock-solid feel of the buttons. The fantastic screen; great color, brightness, and resolution. I cannot believe one could tell the difference if it had more pixels per inch. The “notch” is there for a reason. Quite simply it makes the screen bigger. The notification icons reside on either side and the relatively narrow notch occupies a space that is usually empty. I really don’t understand the excessive focus some have on the great “notch” debate. I appreciate this thoughtful and efficient design detail that increases the functionality of the Oneplus 6. The sculpted matte glass on the back is beautiful and begs to be touched. I’ve refused to buy glass backed phones in the past. Still not sure of the durability choice here but it is the best looking and feeling material I’ve seen on a phone.

These are all things that add to the function of the phone but also are pleasing to see and touch. Someone actually put a lot of thought and engineering into this. That process extended all the way to the manufacturing of the phone. I’ve never used cases on my phones before. I’m currently using the case that came with the Oneplus 6. It appears to offer protection – it extends just above the screen and camera lenses and has a bit more extension at the corners. It doesn’t detract from the beauty of the phone and it makes it more gripable. I have found myself removing the case during down time, like while watching the news, just to appreciate the craftmanship of the Oneplus 6.

Comfort. The Oneplus 6 is almost exactly the size of my previous phone but it’s got a whole lot of extra screen due to it extending so close to all edges. The screen is mostly stretched in height; this phone is not huge or excessively wide. The sculpted shape of the back, the width, and the weight fit my hand naturally. I find I can hold it easily for extended time. The test for this is laying in bed before going to sleep and reading a news article or two. The Oneplus 6 passes.

Delight?! My favorite phone was the Nexus 5X. It did everything well and didn’t annoy me. It had a plastic back but it was still pleasing to hold, look at, and touch. The no BS factor. I owned this thing and it served me. Not too big, not to heavy, battery OK, camera surprisingly good, no selling, no pink and black “style”, just what I wanted it to do. It up and died one day and by the time it did, so had the Nexus program. I’ve been looking for the same basic qualities since. The Oneplus 6 checks all those boxes, plus a few more, and turns them up to eleven. Demolishes the BS test and sets the bar high!

Ruby G. likes this.
  18. coro.siji
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2018

coro.siji , Jun 12, 2018 :
    1. Fast
    2. Pure and Simple
    3. Durable
    4. Modern
    5. Affordable
    6. Honest

#Sixfactor

19. G_Kanwar_Singh_WhJq
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2018

G_Kanwar_Singh_WhJq , Jun 12, 2018 :
    A class with power mobile
    It's charging fast
    Snapdragon 845
    Good looks
    I love one plus it's mobiles
    I bought every mobile of one plus

20. Tanmae_BuenaVida
    Cupcake Jun 12, 2018

Tanmae_BuenaVida , Jun 12, 2018 :
    hello beautifuls, here's my #Sixfactor Review:

1) CreActive: the power to create; Immersed in today's dynamic reality #oneplus6 is the boost you need to emerge from the mass.

2) Fast and Furious: The engine of a Ferrari in a phone. Everybody would like a Ferrari; now you can.

3) Reliable: you feel part of the community, you feel supported when needed, you feel independent and free; #oneplus6 with it's identity and community never lets you down.

4) Die hard: cold, hot, humid, dry, it takes it all. I bet if you go to extreme conditions you will die before the #oneplus6 does.

5) Self-actualization: #oneplus6 takes you by hand and accompanies you through the Maslow's hierarchy of needs... physiological, safety, belonging, esteem, until Self-actualization or your own being.

6) Dashing on heaven's door: that dash charging, oohh God...

it's incredible how the eternal war between iPhone and Samsung has been completely suffocated by oneplus, like when Djokovic stepped in the Grand Slams in 2015 and suffocated the eternal rivalry of Nadal and Federer... #respect.