The Smash is Over - Donate Your Flagship!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2014

wilbarger , May 2, 2014 :
    Outstanding move to recognize that the community disagreed with the lack of recycling/donation. My hat is off to you for listening on this matter.

Nise likes this.
  2. hellodonk
    Gingerbread May 2, 2014

hellodonk , May 2, 2014 :
    Recycling is probably the safest way (not just for the environment but for the people actually smashing their phones) as I think we've all seen the Galaxy S5 smashing video and I know for sure as hell I wouldn't have wanted that to happen to me.

Even though my method of using a bow and arrows to obliterate my phone would be fun, if I get chosen I would certainly want to recycle it, much better use for some great (still relatively new) tech :)

Nise likes this.
  3. Chris O'Brien
    Gingerbread May 2, 2014

Chris O'Brien , May 2, 2014 :
    Well done 1+. Let's hope the donation scheme is popular, can't say I was a fan of smashing perfectly good technology when so many people are without such luxury items. Good luck everyone who entered, I have a nexus 4 so will wait on the invites to purchase my 64gb phone.

Nise and jmazzamj like this.
  4. happyhippy
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 2, 2014

Nise, Mostrapotski and jmazzamj like this.
  5. jimberkas
    KitKat May 2, 2014

jimberkas , May 2, 2014 :
    called it:
    my theory is that its a good idea if they don't actually smash any phones in the end. they announce the plan, get tons of publicity (good and bad, but its all publicity), then in the zero hour they announce that they don't actually intend to literally smash the phones, they do somehow do it symbolically.
    then they get the hype and publicity, but no backlash for putting people at risk or hurting the environment...
    jimberkas, Apr 25, 2014 Edit Report
    #184 Reply

glad to know the option to donate is available. now the onus is on the contest winner instead of OP.
    excited to see the winners announced

thepanttherlady and David S. like this.
  6. Darnell
    Jelly Bean May 2, 2014

Darnell , May 2, 2014 :
    Good Luck To all of the applicants. Still Hoping I get picked to throw a tree stump on my Galaxy s III !

7. Suneth
    Honeycomb May 2, 2014

Suneth , May 2, 2014 :
    really good job guys. donating is much better choice. lets hope all the 100 decides to donate rather than smashing. i feel sorry for the idiots who wasted money when they can used that for a good cause

8. pandalo
    Froyo May 2, 2014

pandalo , May 2, 2014 :
    At least they are providing an alternative to smashing the phones and hopefully everyone donates. Anyways hope to see invites start flowing through the forums so we can all get one asap!

9. sryan1987
    Honeycomb May 2, 2014

sryan1987 , May 2, 2014 :
    Glad to hear of the donation thing. Bravo.

Nise likes this.
  10. tkazzee
    Gingerbread May 2, 2014

tkazzee , May 2, 2014 :
    Looking forward to buying one whether it's for $1 or $350. I am excited! Kudos on the recycling.

11. Muckpuck

Muckpuck , May 2, 2014 :
    I knew OnePlus could be counted on.
    Smash, or donate. The peeps over at OnePlus are good people doing good :)

12. mbareham
    Froyo May 2, 2014

mbareham , May 2, 2014 :
    Nice idea and well done for listening to peoples concerns. I hope a lot do donate to a worthy cause.

13. JustinPowell
    Cupcake May 2, 2014

14. Tiber

Tiber , May 2, 2014 :
    I could've destroyed mine using a heatgun that goes up to 800 degrees, too bad I don't have anything even comparable to a flagship heh

15. Josextv
    Froyo May 2, 2014

Josextv , May 2, 2014 :
    /clap

You have shown that you listen to everyone and that you take decisions thinking about your consumers...

Congratulations @David S. and all One Plus team.

David S. likes this.
  16. kaedee

17. bhotE
    Gingerbread May 2, 2014

18. 7eguitar
    Honeycomb May 2, 2014

19. Acidrain
    Froyo May 2, 2014

Acidrain , May 2, 2014 :
    Oh yes I started to have second thoughts about the smashing game.. Donating it sounds a lot better to me! Hope I'll have the opportunity!

20. ali_gul1
    Honeycomb May 2, 2014