The Story Behind Power Management

1. afridi0099 Cupcake Dec 2, 2018

2. malidan Marshmallow Dec 2, 2018

Drewbikscube likes this.
  3. Drewbikscube The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 2, 2018

Drewbikscube, Dec 2, 2018 :
    pretty sure I have the other screen shot. I'll check. I've posted stats though in my LAB review as well as a few other battery threads if you search :)

I get incredibly battery life on the daily so not hard for me to get more screen shots to post either.

4. vijay_lalwani Honeycomb Dec 2, 2018

vijay_lalwani, Dec 2, 2018 :
    dude can you please stop treating everyone like they are lying?

and you didn't answer my previous question.

Drewbikscube likes this.
  5. malidan Marshmallow Dec 2, 2018

malidan, Dec 2, 2018 :
    At which point did i get worked up?
    Why have gone on the defensive?
    What is the main purpose of the version of YouTube you have installed.via rooting your device?
    There is your answer.
    The forum has always been full of people claimng huge amounts of SOT and they always seem to leave out their device is modified.:rolleyes:
    This kind of thing less people to believe the device is capable of more than it actually is.;)

6. malidan Marshmallow Dec 2, 2018

malidan, Dec 2, 2018 :
    I know what it does.:D

7. vijay_lalwani Honeycomb Dec 2, 2018

vijay_lalwani, Dec 2, 2018 :
    well I told you it's because I watch YouTube even while chatting. that's the picture in picture feature. vanced doesn't have a battery saving or sot manipulating feature like you said.

I did mention about the black overlay I am using in all my apps. So yeah the point you made about modifying system is right upto this point. I wanted users to know that how much a black theme can help them. that was the whole point of my post. I did mention the sot I get when everything is stock so in no way I am misleading anyone.

Drewbikscube likes this.
  8. JelleZon KitKat Dec 2, 2018

JelleZon, Dec 2, 2018 :
    That's still too much... Why? The phone is not used why does it drain??

9. karthik yadawad Froyo Dec 3, 2018

10. sethisidd Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2018

sethisidd, Dec 3, 2018 :
    That is a great insight in what team has achieved.
    Would love to see more of such thread which shows how much the development team is working to optimize Android and make OxygenOS smarter.

NateDev likes this.
  11. Prabin_kumar_shrestha Cupcake Dec 3, 2018

Prabin_kumar_shrestha, Dec 3, 2018 :
    Hello One Plus Dev team
    I am facing red eye error while talking photos from One Plus 6 at night with flash. The photos are great except the red eye error.
    Can you please fix this issue.
    Any one here facing the same issue.
    Thanks in advance.

12. J1541327869382 Cupcake Dec 3, 2018

J1541327869382, Dec 3, 2018 :
    yes....we too there..??

malidan likes this.
  13. SKGOP Eclair Dec 3, 2018

SKGOP, Dec 3, 2018 :
    It's great to see OnePlus going to such lengths to improve the user experience. Thank you.

14. cosminsalasan Eclair Dec 3, 2018

cosminsalasan, Dec 3, 2018 :
    Is it possible that the touch 2.0 eats more battery juice than previous OS version? I mean still OS 9 but before OOS 9.0.2 for OP6. The beauty of it is that in the first 30 minutes after a full charge I loose at least 5% without even touching the phone :) somehow the earlier times were always better :)
    Obviously I checked for power hungry apps, nothing; not in a low cell signal area; no apps from outside the store; no background open apps, bla-bla...
    Compared to the previous os version the battery lasts shorter by 15-20% (that is significant for me).
    Not asking for a solution like, go back to that version or similar, just saying that optimum depends on the one that sets the direction :)
    Everything besides the question is simply observation/feedback.

NateDev and Linxx like this.
  15. R1540918460950 Cupcake Dec 3, 2018

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018

16. yayman12312 Froyo Dec 3, 2018

yayman12312, Dec 3, 2018 :
    Battery management seems too aggressive, as apps like WearOS (which are required to connect with a WearOS Watch) always seems to lose its privilege to run in the background, which causes the watch to disconnect, etc etc...

Most other cases on the web with a similar issue were either other OnePlus users or from overly aggressive battery management on Xiaomi phones.

NateDev likes this.
  17. filipebatt Gingerbread Dec 3, 2018

filipebatt, Dec 3, 2018 :
    Do you even read before writing? ≠ [e]1f4f7[/e]

18. filipebatt Gingerbread Dec 3, 2018

No OP developers here, so you're shouting at nobody. If you want help figuring out the problem yourself, then it's the right place.

Also, quit it with the ASAP. No one here is your servant.

19. filipebatt Gingerbread Dec 3, 2018

Agreed. I have two Apps that need to constantly run on the background while working (Location tracking apps), and on OOS they keep getting dumped, while on my Pixel 2XL I don't have this problem.

yayman12312 likes this.
  20. NateDev Honeycomb Dec 3, 2018

NateDev, Dec 3, 2018 :
    interesting..

please try to optimize screen on drain as well, that's an important component

although the standby optimizations have been working very well so far, and the overall performance of the device has been very good, and ram management is pretty good as well, but can be improved a bit

vijay_lalwani likes this.