The Story of OnePlus - Chapter 1: Before Launch

1. sainjoub
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2014

sainjoub , Apr 2, 2014 :
    And I who believed that I was the oldest of the forum, OK, I am reassured.

May I Taste likes this.
  2. twright9789
    Froyo Apr 2, 2014

twright9789 , Apr 2, 2014 :
    Coffee shops are pretty good places to come up with great ideas. They're where I do all my work

3. May I Taste
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

May I Taste , Apr 2, 2014 :
    No, into my account everything is wrong, I put my wife birthdate (I'm 46 old guy, snif) I even don't know why as she left 5 years ago. But I still love her..

sainjoub likes this.
  4. Sayer
    Froyo Apr 2, 2014

Sayer , Apr 2, 2014 :
    I Sure Your Canvas Will Be The MonaLisa Of Phone Industry.

Carl likes this.
  5. Deactivated User
    Apr 2, 2014

Carl likes this.
  6. jpswer
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2014

jpswer , Apr 2, 2014 :
    Awesome write-up :) To think that all of this has come about from a chat less than a year ago and you are launching a device in just a few weeks! It's amazing and really puts things into perspective. Might even make the wait for more information a little more bearable (only a little though - teasers are always appreciated ;) )

Carl and dankatz1 like this.
  7. mark
    Donut Apr 2, 2014

Carl likes this.
  8. Roberto
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

Roberto , Apr 2, 2014 :
    You are an amazing team.
    The new smartphone from the Guru technology is coming out in april!!!
    I really respect and apologise your ideas!
    Please continue to let us dream to the first really best smartphone One Plus One!!!

Carl likes this.
  9. Gilrez
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2014

Gilrez , Apr 2, 2014 :
    I'm already in Just waiting for pre-orders to begin. I am confident that OnePlus will deliver on there product. I can not wait for there SuperPhone to come out!

10. Radeon962
    KitKat Apr 2, 2014

11. DavidSTC
    KitKat Apr 2, 2014

DavidSTC , Apr 2, 2014 :
    It's years since I don't read such a good, sincere, pure speech in this market. I am thrilled and hyped in equal parts. You are really big.
    Although the future could be misbehave (certainly not), we get many brilliant experiences together.

Carl and May I Taste like this.
  12. Jakub Smolar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2014

Jakub Smolar , Apr 2, 2014 :
    Lets see how many chapter we are going to see ^^
    To the scepticism, that is natural. As for me I am not rich enough to buy a smartphone every time new generation arrives and until now it has been talking and promisses only. This is nothing bad, but do not say that you have been "missunderstood" just because people are sceptical and make fun of your teasing with you not giving all the information... Everyone can talk big words, but without any proof, what did you expect?
    Thanks for the update though, I will be waiting and it better be worth it! ;)

Carl likes this.
  13. aquila
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

aquila , Apr 2, 2014 :
    OnePlus have a really good staff and quality. Wish I, one day, meet you all. I'm 17, I'll follow the company and learn about the tech market like you and one day I'll try my opportunity.

Good luck 1+!

Carl likes this.
  14. nikunj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2014

nikunj , Apr 2, 2014 :
    Awesome I Don't have words to Thank You People, I think & Believe That One Plus One is Real Game Changer in Smartphone Word,And i really think "WE" Will Definitely be what we wanted to be with my STRONG instincts.......!!!:) I Don't Know How Can I help You But Wanted to help you in anyways...Anytime...In India....!!! ;)

15. only1butfun
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2014

only1butfun , Apr 2, 2014 :
    A great read! One thing I really enjoy here is the passion that is senseable.

As many of the members here in this forum I'm the "go to" person if it comes to tech related questions especially when it comes to smartphones for quiet some people.

If the ONE is really as good as you make me believe it will be, I'm more than happy to spread the word the best I can.

cheers!

16. SoulTribunal
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2014

SoulTribunal , Apr 2, 2014 :
    素晴らしい! That was a wonderful read and very inspiring.

Hmm wonder how I can apply a degree in biology to work at oneplus lol ;)

17. davidhdeze
    Froyo Apr 2, 2014

18. Jaice Joy Skaria
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2014

Jaice Joy Skaria , Apr 2, 2014 :
    Very good Carl.and one plus team. For you have got teh attention of everyone. Keep going.. Everything will be great.. The support of Online mouth marketing will certainly going to change the world.. All the best.

Carl likes this.
  19. riffraff81
    KitKat Apr 2, 2014

riffraff81 , Apr 2, 2014 :
    i love the brashness of 1+. they're putting themselves out there. i don't see why anyone would have a problem with what they are doing. the fact that they are even saying such things before revealing the phone shows they are making a conscious effort to deliver on these lofty promises. they know what's at stake and they're putting it all on the line. no other company would be brave enough to do what 1+ is doing because they don't believe in themselves and their product enough. this shows that 1+ has confidence in what they're doing and truly believes in their product.

if they don't deliver, they will be gone as quick as they came. simple as that. this write up shows that 1+ is not backing down from what they have said. they plan on surpassing the competition at a much lower price. can they do it? we shall see in a few weeks.

yeah sure, the skeptics, naysayers, and trolls are gonna show up. "they aren't gonna get it done", "its all talk, no substance", "you can't provide a flagship killer phone for less than $400", "release the phone now or you'll lose customers". that's the nature of the beast and it will be 1+'s task to prove these doubters wrong. if they do, not only will they win over all the skeptics and have the impatient consumers with egg on their face for deciding to pay $200-300 more for an inferior product because they just had to have something now, they will turn the industry completely on its head by putting out a superior handset way under the going rate. honestly, even if you think this is all big talk, you should at least be cheering these guys on hoping they will accomplish this goal because it's gonna change things for the better by forcing the competition to change the way they make phones. a win for 1+ is a win for the consumer as they're making this phone with our input. what? you like paying $600+ for a lackluster phone?

while they have yet to do much to earn people's business, they've done more than enough to earn people's attention. they have some really interesting stuff going on under the hood for an insanely low price. whether you're on board with this phone or skeptical of it, whether you're here saying how awesome this phone will be or how much of a disappointment this phone will be, its clear that 1+ did enough to have you talking about it. no one knows anything until we see the phone. we should all be excited or intrigued to see what these guys can do.

the ball is in 1+'s court. they have an opportunity to do something huge here. they don't need a huge marketing campaign to sell this phone. if they do what they said they'll do the phone will sell itself. when reviewers get a hold of this handset and are utterly wowed by how awesome it is in every aspect of what a smartphone is and does, you'd have to be an idiot to turn down a spectacular phone of such caliber which costs hundreds of dollars less than anything else out there.

will OnePlus prevail?? stay tuned..

NEVER SETTLE OR GO HOME!!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014

Carl and Multilakala like this.
  20. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2014

Darnell , Apr 2, 2014 :
    It's awesome to get some perspective. Reading this was pretty refreshing and has me even more excited! I genuinely smiled when you thanked the community. I Can't wait to see what OnePlus and the Cyanogen team created.