Eclair Jun 7, 2014

2. didjital
    Froyo Jun 7, 2014

3. oneplusmike
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

4. sarhanzy
    Eclair Jun 7, 2014

sarhanzy , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Lol, i love the replies to the comments :eek: It seems logical, and, well seeing that it is a startup company working against the likes of the the big giants, i understand how the invite system would help, control the amount of devices in circulation. I hope that we'll get one ASAP ;)

The thing i am most looking forward too leaving the specs is the Cyanogen mod, as i haven't rooted any of my android devices as yet. Although i have probably jailbroken most if not all of my iOS devices. It would definitely be different to own such a device.

As for the people, they'll always complain.

I hope you guys succeed in making this a success (y) Best Wishes (y)

- Sarhan

5. Deactivated User
    Jun 7, 2014

6. Fooled
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

Fooled , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I'm loving the way they are handling the current situation.
    I'm a new member in the forums but I've been lurking for a while now, and I've only seen good things about them.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014

7. neutrino
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2014

neutrino , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I agree with everything you said, Carl. This OPO process has been a great ride. I have season tickets, with auto renewal, and refuse to leave the OPO park!!

8. dliu862
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

dliu862 , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Thank you for the update. I hope this clears things up with people really wanting an invite

9. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2014

wilbarger , Jun 7, 2014 :
    @Carl Unlike most of the others posting on this thread, I will not bow down to kiss your ring or your ***. I will, however give you my opinion as a potential customer. You (OP) have removed the positive buying experience with your invite system. It is completely reversed. Are you (OP) so pompous as to assume that someone would like to have to be invited to keep you in business? Do you assume that anyone should play games to keep you in business? If you want my money, you will treat me with respect as you need me, not the other way around. You say that you do not want people to buy the phone for price, but that is the only reason anyone would still be here with the way they are treated. You (OP) need to quit your postings with half information. Can't you see that this creates aggravation and tension? Or, is that what you want to happen? There is nothing revolutionary about the phone and as days slip by without shipments, it is becoming stale.

How can you and your staff come here and say that you are just plain people trying to do the right thing? You are trying to get a company off the ground with industry professionals and somehow did not expect that there would be thousands of people that would want a phone at this price point and specs. If this is really the case, you need to get a management team in place that understands how the technology market works.

I am sure that this post will be deleted immediately, but it doesn't make any difference to me. I am lucky in that I do not have to buy a phone on price alone. I would like to have an OPO for development purposes, but if I don't, it is no big deal to me. I am just sad to think what could have been. Perhaps you can find a way to overcome all the bad press you are enduring with the failed games, getting shut down on Ebay, etc. Good luck and send me an invite.

MNX1024, Fedde, jaaagman and 7 others like this.
  10. MDRnTN
    Donut Jun 7, 2014

MDRnTN , Jun 7, 2014 :
    It is apparent from reading many threads on here that some people simply idolize their Cel ph.
    Ya, you know, the one's that can have their morning sit down without it so they can ck those 1000 texts that came in while sleeping. Certainly that's not you?

Yes it's a vital communication tool & necessary for work in today's busy (on da go) world & keeping in touch w/ family/friends.
    I truly feel bad for those people, "There shall be no other God before me" because in heaven & hell there will be NO DAMN CELLS! Amen:D:D:D

wilbarger likes this.
  11. pilotone
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2014

pilotone , Jun 7, 2014 :
    What is so good about this original post? Everyone is puckering up and fooling themselves (intentionally and unintentionally for the imbeciles). No invites, vague information and the explanation provided in the original post even delivers false information about larger companies not being able to schedule a delivery on a fixed launch date.

Rubbish.

nik_pa and wilbarger like this.
  12. fungwon
    Froyo Jun 7, 2014

13. Maxximuscool
    Jelly Bean Jun 7, 2014

Maxximuscool , Jun 7, 2014 :

If you only release the number of invites information based on joined date then things would be greatly improved.

For example: based on active+likes+join date.
    week 1 = 1000 people from date blah to blah
    Week 2 = 3000 people from blah to blah
    Week 3 = blah to blah.

This would help improving the situation. And people would know that he /she is getting invite.
    As for right now there is no frigging way to know if anyone would get invite or not until there is an email coming through to the inbox. It is f**king annoying to have to check every day for it. At l as listen to our complaints and improve this situation please.

14. auggie246
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

auggie246 , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I call bullshit, ton of devices.... and yet the invites are so slow. Clearly you are bias to the china market or you have so problems that you do not wish to disclose. Looking at your warehouse pictures that you post before, your production seems to be slower than what a factory should be like

15. Zoro
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

Zoro , Jun 7, 2014 :
    China is their local market....it would be foolish not to service them first.

16. ChrisNishanth
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

17. brolaire
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

brolaire , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I won't attack, nor "kiss" as someone said before.

I just want to note that it would be preferable for you to give some piece of information every week or so, just we can know how the whole project is going. Lots of people, myself included, are waiting patiently for this phone and we would like to know how things are doing.

But anyways, don't let the negativity get you and keep on working!

18. auggie246
    Gingerbread Jun 7, 2014

auggie246 , Jun 7, 2014 :
    but looking at the situation now, the ratio is like 9:1. they make 10k phones and only 1k to international, hence the INVITE system? If i'm not wrong, china people can just pre-order and queue

19. _ASSASSIN_
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2014

_ASSASSIN_ , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I was literally laughing my *** of when I read this :D

20. keyekkk
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

keyekkk , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Right on. I thank them for their explanation and clarification but I'm still not convinced when I was reading Carl's post. They make it sound like it's our fault that we want the phone so much so that we should just STFU and wait for it not matter what they do.

Also yes, there's 80k people on this forum. It is reasonable for some people to misunderstood the information but don't act like you guys have nothing to do with the confusion. They word their announcement very carefully so they can keep their hype up while not give any actual information like the 6th of Jun. They did nothing to clear the misunderstanding and only until the end of the day they start saying that they never said such and such.