The system in my phone is using nearly 40gb of storage how do I solve these issue via OnePlus 9 Pro

Rahmat88 likes this.
  2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Nov 13, 2021

Best Answer
    the_o2 , Nov 13, 2021 :
    Hi there, here is official reply on this question

Caomhin likes this.

Rahmat88 likes this.
  4. the_o2

Tokolozi and Caomhin like this.
  5. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Nov 13, 2021 :
    Photos and videos are the known file types and would thus not affect the unclassified files being lumped together with system. Whatever it is that takes up the space it may not be that very easy to find what it is.

Rahmat88 and Tokolozi like this.

7. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Nov 13, 2021 :
    It depends. Whatever that creates the files will return if the same things are reinstalled on the phone and behaving the same way.
    Could be a reason and explanation of why the files take space under system. And in some cases grow very large.

Without a detailed insight of what it could be it's hard to know what and how to avoid it to happen again. Hopefully reporting it via the feedback tool can help with collecting some info about the system and a possible cause.

Caomhin likes this.
  8. spitter0001
    Eclair Nov 23, 2021

spitter0001 , Nov 23, 2021 :
    The problem is when the modem runs into problems, it creates a "dump" file on your phone. It's a snapshot file of that problem. But Oneplus developer do not clean up these files. You as an average user can not clean these files. These are useless dump files for you. Developer needs to either not generate so many dump files or clean them up. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. ONEPLUS JUST DOESN'T CARE.

Rahmat88 likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Nov 23, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Are you rooted since you have been able to find this out?
    If the modem gets into problems and it does not for others... The problem is 2 fold. The modem problem itself. Why does it happen? And a too long timeframe or no automatic wipe of old dumps at all.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021

Rahmat88 and Caomhin like this.
  10. spitter0001
    Eclair Nov 23, 2021

You can only find the problem when rooted. MOST users are not going to be able do it. And deleting these files is not the FIX. Oneplus needs to fix it properly. /data/vendor/
    I have 5 oneplus phones currently in use. 2 of the 5 has this problem. This is BS. I am not rooting the phone to delete files for my people.

anbuitachi and Rahmat88 like this.
  11. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Have you contacted Oneplus about this?

I have mentioned these threads just to highlight these dump files.

Those 2 are both 9 series?

Hopefully Oxygen OS 12 cleans these files up or even better don't need to make the dump files to begin with.
    But the question is... Why are they created only for some?

Rahmat88 likes this.
  12. spitter0001
    Eclair Nov 23, 2021

That's good question. I don't want to be speculative. Don't have the time and money to go deeper neither. But anyways, further investigative work should be left to Oneplus. IMHO it's hardware non-fatal fault which software does not know how to handle, but only to dump files. Not for nothing, just change the code to do circular logging if Oneplus absolutely can not figure it out. Simple programming technique goes a long way. *sigh*

Rahmat88 likes this.
  13. spitter0001
    Eclair Nov 23, 2021

So many people here have this problem. Doesn't that raise alarm with Oneplus or not???

Andy9314 and Rahmat88 like this.
  14. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Nov 23, 2021 :
    Seen it many times. I've actually have been waiting on a rooted user with this problem speaking up and pointing on some type of proof so I could elevate the case.
    Since I'm neither rooted or have the problem I haven't been able to help out much myself.
    But this info sure helps.

Figgeduni, Rahmat88 and Tokolozi like this.
  15. Figgeduni
    Eclair Dec 3, 2021

Figgeduni , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Please do elevate this since it's a serious bug! Been having the same problem and i would root the phone if it wasn't cause all the data would be lost so i assume whatever takes up all the space would also be lost meaning there would be nothing to search for.

Currently have 93gb filled with this stuff and constantly removing stuff to try and keep 1-2gb of free space on the phone!!

anbuitachi likes this.
  16. anbuitachi
    Eclair Dec 27, 2021