The Truth about OnePlus Nord

1. RaulFePe
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

RaulFePe , Jul 28, 2020 :
    It's very simple... Who does not like not buying it... It's incredible...😂

2. PeGys
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2020

PeGys , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Congrats, you have only proven you can watch youtube video's and sum up negative points.

Now, make a post where you sum up the positive points these reviewers gave in the same video's.

3. Voidq
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

Voidq , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Why are people so unfathomably ignorant, desperate to jump on any hate train and completely unable to apply critical thinking or use common sense instead of mindlessly repeating what some clueless, self-proclaimed expert Youtuber says. Most of those guys are very clearly uneducated and despite making this their job they still don't understand the very basics and are, in most cases, completely out of touch with reality because they are ANYTHING BUT normal smartphone users. To be clear, I'm not calling MKBHD or Zack stupid, they actually see the bigger picture... but there's plenty of others who instantly jumped at the whole "omagad this looks like metal but it ain't its a scaaaam" train.

First of all - you are getting plenty of phone for €400... specs alone, as in list of components a manufacturer used, mean literally nothing and anyone with a shred of software knowledge knows this. This is also why just about any OP phone has a higher value to me than a phone from any other brand that's exactly the same on paper (but very different in reality).

If you want useless, overpriced crap... go buy the latest and greatest flagship and enjoy paying triple-premium for the 1st (2nd even) generation of whatever is the newest and hottest tech that looks cool but really you want the 3rd and 4th generation anyway because that's where it gets refined.

This is a mid-range phone, you have to make sacrifices in order to bring the price down...it's as simple as that and anyone who ever actually created something in their lives (instead of just mindlessly consuming and complaining about anything and everything) knows this, also.

I've had metal phones in the past and I've also had a bunch of plastic ones.
    BIG SURPRISE - plastic actually tends to be better at absorbing drops due to its' elasticity. In fact, I'd probably take a nicely done polymer phone over a metal/glass one because it would be both lightweight and also 50 times more durable. But the masses want glass and metal because they are obsessed with pretending to be rich. So OP made the phone feel premium to satisfy that... they never claimed it was metal.

Me on the other hand - I will easily and always take drop resistance over bend resistance. If you weigh 400 pounds and like to constantly sit on your phone though, I understand you might be all kinds of scared now after watching Zack's vid xD

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020

4. Esterado
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

Esterado , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Doubting with the Moto g 5g plus or the nord.
    Why leave sd card. Cloud is not as save as everyone is thinking. ( See Garmin)
    If nord had SD card I wouldn't hesitate. Plus has sd, Jack plug. Better frequences (for multiple counties).
    Nord has AMOLED, ois, size of phone and update policy.
    Prizes are bit same(Europe).
    Moto no bend test yet. 😔.

Let's hope OnePlus wake up with the SD card.

5. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 28, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 28, 2020 :
    That was your main mistake, lol. People never change...

Atritya Suraj and jason.sundaram like this.
  6. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Sadly, we can't all of us have everything we want in a mid-ranger. OP offers 128GB or 256GB models, with the option to use cloud storage or transfer to PC. They then offer a Fluid AMOLED display, instead of IPS LCD. Personally, I would much rather have the better display than the extra storage space, but you have to make your own decision.

7. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2020

Joesef Joestar , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Sad that Carl Pei @Carl decided to give an interview to Marques Brownlee who teared down the Nord...
    The Nord isn't perfect (especially the camera, hoping software improvement by OnePlus) but Brownlee review is a truly dishonest one... All the English, American, French, German, Italian reviewers, except him, on Youtube were enthusiastic after testing the device.
    The Vivo X50 seems awesome but the embedded OS (Funtouch) is far below OxygenOS

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020

8. palc

palc , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 28, 2020 :
    What's the problem with the fingerprint? And do we have LED notifications?

9. palc

palc , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Nicely summed up. You get a thumbs up. [e]1f44d[/e]

JjamoTvHD, Atritya Suraj and QubitKum like this.
  10. zerosixteen
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2020

zerosixteen , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 28, 2020 :
    That dude got interview Carl Pei but still "dissed" the device in his video indicates the hype and the company influence not affect his personal view on the device, and you call that dishonest?

JjamoTvHD and antoine.tadros like this.
  11. davebeep
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2020

davebeep , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Yeah it seems a good phone for the price. I'm not unhappy.

What it isn't, is a return to OnePlus's "never settle" "flagship killer" roots. There are others doing the same thing.

A return to OnePlus's roots would have found a way to put top processor in, and make the designook different to other phones. This does not do that.

But, £380 including the buds, a screen protector and basic case? With a 90hz oled screen, a reasonable camera, 8gb ram 128gb storage, warp 30t charging and a decent OS. That's very good imo.

Maybe the hype makes people expect the best phone in the world. It's not trying to be that. I'm pleased for the price

I think the blue is disgusting though, fortunately, I bought it for the missus! I'd have had the grey for me.

Btw... I agree the 7T is a good option also, but it's £470 (on special offer) without the free buds. I'd say that makes it £150 more at least, so there is a point to the Nord.

12. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2020

GuitarBart , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Really depends on the region of course but good that it's future ready. First 5g here is already activated. Not that's its the superfast variant already but ok.

Atritya Suraj and umberto75 like this.
  14. Timalay
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2020

Timalay , Jul 28, 2020 :
    An old flagship processor though. It was over a year old by the time they bought out the OnePlus X, and it hindered it massively.

15. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

Joesef Joestar , Jul 29, 2020 :
    B/c he pointed out only the bad points, all the youtubers confirmed the camera experience is bad but the noticed the good points as well, the OS, user experience, battery life, mic, phone calling, the 90hz screen...
    His video was just a bashing one, and yes it's dishonest, he tended to criticize OnePlus communication but he didn't review a device....

Atritya Suraj likes this.
  16. TejanHazarika
    Eclair Jul 29, 2020

TejanHazarika , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Nord is just an excuse for OnePlus to be in the Mid-Segment market, but we all know that Nord is a piece of shit, honestly speaking. Price starting from 25K (which is supposed to launch in September, so everyone will forget that even exist, that is just a marketing strategy). So practically the phone starts from 27K.
    I would say OnePlus 7 is a far more better option than Nord just compromising on the 90Hz Display and Ultra wide Camera, everything about OnePlus 7 is better than Nord. Even Realme X2 pro is a much better alternative.
    Even Redmi K20 Pro beats the Nord in every aspects.

PyresTakk likes this.
  17. SamyBoff
    Eclair Jul 29, 2020

SamyBoff , Jul 29, 2020 :
    No LED for notifications, but screen does not light up either.
    On-screen Fingerprint sensor (as well as facial recognition) is not activated unless you press the on/off button (won´t work even if you tilt the phone).
    Software updates would fix this, hope it is soon.

18. Joesef Joestar
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

Joesef Joestar , Jul 29, 2020 :
    :confused::( @Carl

19. King from North
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

King from North , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Why no ear phone jack, why no sd slot, why not available in the US. I mean, hey, if you dunt wanna do sth, you have 100 reasons and on the other hand, you have another 100 to make you feel comfortable. Just look at it, if you wanna take it, take it, or just leave it, simple.

Atritya Suraj likes this.
  20. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2020

palc , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 29, 2020 :

G_Samy_Akrouh_Ettaghadou

No LED for notifications, but screen does not light up either.
    On-screen Fingerprint sensor (as well as facial recognition) is not activated unless you press the on/off button (won´t work even if you tilt the phone).
    Software updates would fix this, hope it is soon.​

What the... -_-
    Did you report it as a bug?

@Abdul B @David Y. any help?