The Truth of JBL Earphones

1. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

Mohammedali05 , Nov 23, 2014 :
    I would like to mention first that I am NOT an audiophile, I am a normal day to day consumer of all products and I have no professional background on anything tech.

These are my views and insights during the use of these earphones.

Quality-Appearance-Comfort-Sound-Practicality and use:

Quality:
    When I first took these out of the box I thought they were very cheap looking and felt weird. But after finding that everything was covered in plastic except the cable I saw that these are not badly made. In-fact I like the quality of these earphones. Not the best materials but solid and seem very durable. 8/10

Appearance:
    These look great! I hate the color Red :( I really do not my thing, but these look really nice, when you see yourself you cant but realize that these are really stylish. I would say 8/10

Comfort:
    I was surprised with the comfort of these earphones, my ears usually itch and feel discomforted after having earphones in or on my ear for more than 30 mins (usually in). So I went out and bought a pair of sennheiser over ear headphones for £350 (Of course these are wireless, noise reduction, headphones with a lot of tech in them). Not my best investment :(. These £15 headphones are more comfortable. I have worn them for around 6 hours straight with no discomfort. They are comfortable. However the left ear piece does not stay in place very well, I dont know if its from the earphones or my ears so I'll stop at that. The JBL's have a slight bend to them that make them fit in your ear nice and snug with no pressure. The rubber material is very comfortable and do not heat or bother you. You do have to play around with them a bit for a good fit and you could scratch your ears a bit with the metal finish on the end of the ear piece but thats if you really stick them in deep. 8.5/10

Sound:
    As I mentioned I am no audiophile, but these sound really good, the highest volumes are very clear, and not painful, the lowest are crisp and vibrant, I was impressed with the sound quality, again they did better than my Sennheiser's when it came to max volume. The sound one the OPO was fantastic, really clear and loud even on 25% of the volume while listing to music, and was just as good if not even better on phone calls. 9/10

Practicality and Use:

These earphones were good to use, overall I would give them and 8/10. The main issue is not that with the left ear piece not well fitted in my ear I was constantly adjusting them to stay in place and slight and sudden movements would make them either fall or almost fall out of my ear. But the fact you couldnt change tracks. Other than that they were comfortable and when getting used to them fairly quick to adjust in my ears.

I used these on a number of devices and for different types of use.

OnePlus one: All buttons work, the volume up and down and the answer and hangup buttons. I was disappointed that you could not skip tracks with the buttons. Maybe I missed something but it didnt work with me. 9/10

Nvidia Shield Tablet: Again worked great good sound and was functioning like it should . Also worked with the Shield game pad which has a designated earphone socket mainly used for gaming. 9/10

LG G Pad 8.3: Same as the above but the volume was a bit on the down side, not as high as the Shield or OPO. Mainly used for some youtube and music while also for watching things like TED 8/10

Windows operated pc. You just get sound no volume control. Mainly Youtube 8/10
    Mac 13" laptop you just get sound. 8/10

I phone 5: You just get sound and not very good sound at that. Not only do the control buttons not work but if you press any of the buttons you hear a sound that resembles that of a keyboard press on a phone or tablet, this keeps on going on and off until you remove the earphones from the phone. Also sound was not up to par with other android devices maybe on a similar level to the LG G Pad. This was tested on music, youtube and phone calls 3/10

Conclusion:

Overall I am pleased with these earphones. I can use them as daily earphones if I dont mind the left ear piece but for the price £15 I think they are well worth it. They look really good, feel good in your ears, sound very good in my opinion, they do lack the skipping track so thats the biggest downside, again maybe I am doing something wrong as I think I threw out the user manual :(

I will give this a 8/10 minus the 2 only for the not skipping track and not the bad fit of the left ear since I think the problem is with my ear.

Call quality is really good, better than the 1+ phone speaker so will be very useful while driving.

obakesan, think, ronoldo and 12 others like this.
  2. carbine30
    Marshmallow Nov 23, 2014

carbine30 , Nov 23, 2014 :
    good.jpeg

ronoldo, kibbt5224, sp99 and 3 others like this.
  3. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Nov 23, 2014

ronoldo, volteon and sp99 like this.
  4. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

Nilesh Sajnani likes this.
  5. 1poipoy57
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  6. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

7. Iseek1
    KitKat Nov 23, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  8. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

9. Bassilk

Bassilk , Nov 23, 2014 :
    tl;dr op throws a negative on each aspect, then a sad face, then an 8/10.

tl;dr 8/10

10. sp99
    Community Veteran Nov 23, 2014

sp99 , Nov 23, 2014 :
    Thanks! :D
    I need some! :)
    Have you tried holding the volume buttons to skip tracks? :p

ronoldo and Nilesh Sajnani like this.
  11. dwaynelson
    KitKat Nov 23, 2014

ronoldo and Mohammedali05 like this.
  12. wtfhsf
    KitKat Nov 23, 2014

ronoldo, Nilesh Sajnani and sp99 like this.
  13. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

There are some good things and some bad overall 8/10 :) The scores are for people who dont like to read so if you go next to each title in the end you will see what I think its worth

ronoldo likes this.
  14. sp99
    Community Veteran Nov 23, 2014

Nilesh Sajnani likes this.
  15. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

Your welcome.
    You should order a set :)
    Yes I tried a couple of combinations like holding down the buttons or even double tap but nothing worked :(

sp99 likes this.
  16. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

ronoldo and dwaynelson like this.
  17. Bassilk

Bassilk , Nov 23, 2014 :
    I'm just joking mate. Thanks for the review. Still heard a lot that up close they look and feel cheap. Personally would rather put some more dolla and get myself decent earphones.

ronoldo likes this.
  18. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

19. keithcheng1998
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2014

ronoldo likes this.
  20. Mohammedali05
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2014

I did see that a couple of weeks back while checking my account that they were out of stock but I'm sure they well have more in :)

And I got them for £14.99
    JBL E1+ Earphones
    0204002601 £39.99
    Ordered:1
    Shipped:1 £14.99
    So if they were for £40 I got a discount :p

ronoldo and sp99 like this.