The ultimate guide to revert back from CM12 lollipop to CM11 kitkat

1. dafid
    Cupcake May 25, 2015

dafid , May 25, 2015 :
    Haha, that was quite stupid of me; I used the wrong userdata file. Through which of the steps do I have to go to fix this? Entering only the userdata line doesn't work.

The hiccups I experienced were merely to blame on my own inexperience.
    - Installing packages via the Google SDK program didn't work at first, but I finally solved that problem by ensuring the folder WASN'T Read-Only (which my computer seems to do automatically), and that I had full rights of manipulating the folders and files within.
    - Only after a while did I become aware of the fact that it is only possible to use the Command Prompt WITHIN the \platform-tools folder, and not in any other location, so everything must be moved there first before using the Command Prompts.

2. uday_nugur
    Eclair May 25, 2015

uday_nugur , May 25, 2015 :
    don't worry u can't even imagine the stupid things that I did to learn all this, I guess it's a part of the learning curve.Regarding your query I think you have to install the firmware and OS again using the 64G, now that u have done it once I don't think that should be a problem

3. dafid
    Cupcake May 25, 2015

dafid , May 25, 2015 :
    Thanks a lot - everything works correctly now. I have a tip for some beginners wanting to execute this as well: make sure to extract the Bacon Signed Fastboot zip-file DIRECTLY into the platform-tools folder, so that all the files are dropped in there, and NOT in a bacon-signed-fastboot folder WITHIN the platform-tools folder.

uday_nugur likes this.
  4. kpsm11
    Froyo May 26, 2015

kpsm11 , May 26, 2015 :
    the line where we type fastboot flash recovery.....wouldn't that remove the TWRP recovery??

5. uday_nugur
    Eclair May 26, 2015

uday_nugur , May 26, 2015 :
    yes it will but once u return back to CM11 , u can always install it again by following the second step

6. acmurda
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2015

acmurda , Jun 1, 2015 :
    Hi I need some extra help guys, I cant seem to get step 2 to work . I renamed the twrp as instructed and it is placed in the platform-files folder. I open terminal in that folder and type "fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery.img"
    I get error cannot open twrp recovery
    What am I doing wrong?

7. uday_nugur
    Eclair Jun 1, 2015

uday_nugur , Jun 1, 2015 :
    check all the installations again have u installed the specified packages , first verify the installation using the adb and fastboot verification commands

8. acmurda
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2015

9. publidesign
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2015

10. NWKENT
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2015

zoesky likes this.
  11. uday_nugur
    Eclair Jun 9, 2015

uday_nugur , Jun 9, 2015 :
    and I have my english teacher back

12. uday_nugur
    Eclair Jun 9, 2015

13. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2015

zoesky , Jun 14, 2015 :
    I'm running into an issue on step one. I'm able to install/update the driver software for adb interface and composite adb interface, but I keep getting an error for the bootloader interface (error 10)

14. uday_nugur
    Eclair Jun 14, 2015

uday_nugur , Jun 14, 2015 :
    I suggest you to try with another PC , this error mostly pops up when you connect your phone using a USB 3.0 port with windows 8 64-bit, if u can find a PC with win7 with usb 2.0 port it might solve ur problem.please try and let me know

15. willard1
    Froyo Jul 8, 2015

willard1 , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Is there a method for Mac users?

16. uday_nugur
    Eclair Jul 9, 2015

uday_nugur , Jul 9, 2015 :
    sorry I don't have that much knowledge about MAC

17. willard1
    Froyo Jul 10, 2015

willard1 , Jul 10, 2015 :
    Okay boys and girls! I have found a simple way to revert back to 11s without having a Phd in computer science and more importantly on a Apple computer. Boot into Cyanogen Recovery and do a factory rest (Note: This will WIPE EVERYTHING from your OPO) and that is it! If that doesn't work drag any CM signed fastboot ROM/OS zip to this program JOxygeninstaller while your phone is in fastboot mode. If you are looking to root your device this method installs an old WORKING version of TWRP & SuperSU once your up and running you can upgrade them to the newest version. I'm posting this because I'm sick of asking for help only to get vague answers or told to shot the intertubes.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you brick your OPO! I've read somewhere that it is theoretically impossible to brick this device.

18. wigam
    Donut Jul 11, 2015

uday_nugur likes this.
  19. zoesky
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2015

zoesky , Jul 12, 2015 :
    What happens if you get an error message while trying to extract the rom to the sdk folder?

:edit: I managed to figure it out - guess it was nervousness. :edit:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015

uday_nugur likes this.
  20. Robert Jr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

Robert Jr , Jul 30, 2015 :
    So you're saying you flashed kitkat via twrp? I was wondering of I could do that