The Writers' Club Gazette - June 2020

1. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Jul 4, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Gazette June.png

Welcome the second edition of the Gazette, brought to you by the Writers' Club – a monthly recap of what happened in the Community, for users, by users!

Last month had some intense weeks that ended with the announcement of a new chapter in OnePlus. I’m sure that by now all of you know about Nord, and July will be even more about it, so that’s why I’m going to take you on an alternative trip to some of the most remarkable events during these 30 days.

The new Weeklies

You probably noticed that now the Weekly updates are different, they are a sneak peek in the Head Quarters: how the pandemic has changed routines by @Amanda W., the struggles of working in two sides of the world by @dsmonteiro, how much fun rainbows and pandas can be by @Crystal Z., and the deliciously looking Zongzi by @Trista W.

Community's favorite Consultant

June also delivered a very desired and requested thread by the users, I would venture to say that is even the event of the year. We finally had the chance to seriously roast @dsmonteiro, with creativity, respect, and lots of fun, thanks to @Cheetosdust, that not only directed the roast but also dsmonteiro’s interview, a window to learn about his more human side.

Contests and users most creative side

Creativity has also flowed through threads and had everyone in awe by the skills shown by this community. After an overwhelming amount of entries in the Creative Wallpaper contest, we finally got to know the winners! Congratulations to all you five: @Butch_Sales_ES, @Daniel Franke, @m4ngosteen, @Sylvester.David and @Gio567full.

But that’s not all, the month started with another exciting creativity contest, designing a jacket. And after the votes of the community, we have our winners too! I can feel the excitement of wearing your own design, congrats to two minds behind the winning creations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not being enough contests, we also had the opportunity to be kids again celebrating the Children’s Day, and we had a moment to think and appreciate our fathers in the Father’s Day with not one but two exciting threads: Fun with Dad Challenge by @Zach X. and a very special giveaway by @Charles C.

Users' Content

More and more community users are showing off their writing skills, and new threads kept coming: we have a new oasis for all the cat lovers by @JustASoftwareEngineer, we celebrated the Camera Day with @cdnfarmer, @Starcommander teaches us how to create a paper stand for your phone, and a delicious contest to make you hungry by @YRJ, who also enlightened us with a complete article about feature phones.

The Lab isn't finished yet!

Finally, after the long wait caused by the virus pandemic, the last two Lab reviews finally arrived! You can find @AbhilashSaikia's review here, and @yashonagori here. Be sure to stay tuned for when the new chapters arrive! So far so good, both are looking very creative and visual, one can sense how much they both had to wait for the unboxing moment but it was all worth it!

Visual delights

If you are looking for videography inspiration you should check Pete's twitter and you also can't miss these three videos:

Making Chai by @Mridul Pillai

Moments with dad by @yashonagori

And a magical nature moment by @jlasensiofi

While saying goodbye to June a new month is starting. Exciting news will arrive, creativity and fun will surprise, but, for now, it's time to go. Enjoy the taste of the unknown, knowing that next month we will be back with more!

Have an awesome July everyone.

2. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 4, 2020 :
    June was soo fun!! 🔥🔥
    @AbhilashSaikia @yashonagori kudos for the amazing reviews, loved all the videos, photos, writings, though some reading is still left for me to do 😉
    @JustASoftwareEngineer , @Starcommander , @YRJ , @cdnfarmer loved all the threads, cuteness, creativity, hunger, tech, photography...what more could one ask for 🔥😄 Loved participating in all the contests and congratulations to all the winners once again, stellar job done by you guys! 🤟
    @jlasensiofi there are no words to describe that video tbh😍🔥

3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Thank you:)
    Thanks for allowing me to host a thread @dsmonteiro
    It was a great fun having a conversation with you dear Monty.

4. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jul 4, 2020

yashonagori , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Thank you so much for the feature of my LAB review and father's day video, this past month has really been an unforgettable experience for me. @Batman360 thanks again for the praises dude, hope you're safe in the lockdown! Glad to have come across so many brilliant minds, especially @AbhilashSaikia!

5. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2020

Yes, I'm 😊 Hope you are too! 😊

6. Cakepips
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Cheers to everyone for a very creative June! May July be full of New Beginnings. Keep safe and Never Settle. [e]263a[/e]️

(Nothing much to update regarding jacket btw. Cogs are turning though. [e]1f609[/e])

7. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Overall June was a great month in terms of creativity & engagement of community . Hope more'll come in July. Thanks @B.I.T.S. for the overall compilation. I am excited abouy July. Waiting for a win in any contest [e]1f609[/e]

8. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jul 4, 2020

9. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2020

11. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 4, 2020

jlasensiofi , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Wow, @B.I.T.S., amazing post! :);)

A great summary of a month full of news, great news and incredible articles. Now I discover some of them, so if it wasn't for threads like yours, I would have missed the opportunity to have read them. Congratulations on this good reading and to all the winners of the contests.

And infinite thanks for the publication of my video :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:. There are many feelings I have with him. Satisfaction, joy that I liked it so much and pride in having done it with the camera of the OnePlus 8 Pro. And all this together with the gratitude to my colleagues @otto2, @Shivang Joshi, @Bouncer71 and @D1G1T. Without the clues that they gave me about video editing programs, I did not could have gotten it.

Good month everyone and take good care of yourself.

12. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 4, 2020

jlasensiofi , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Infinite thanks, my dear friend. It makes me happy to read those words :hearteyes:;):)

G_plusone, Bouncer71, otto2 and 3 others like this.
  13. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2020

😊🤗😉

G_plusone, Bouncer71 and jlasensiofi like this.
  14. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2020

manojsurya99 , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Thanks @B.I.T.S. for the update. Seems to be busy these days.
    But yeah.. something's which should be mentioned that are missing..

Indian sales of OnePlus 8 and 8Pro have started and faced severe issues due to lack of devices. Some of them got the delivery dates after 5-6 weeks. Still the sales are not at full swing in India. COVID is impacting the delivery schedules alot in India.
    And then with respect to New Launches, OnePlus set to launch OnePlus TV Y series and U series with Y series catering to price sensitive segment and U series catering to premium segment. Sale starts tomorrow for both series in India.

Finally @Cakepips @AbhilashSaikia @yashonagori for fantastic design and reviews. Am sorry, I forgot the other designer.

Before closing, thanks to all content creators.. @Cheetosdust @JustASoftwareEngineer @cdnfarmer @Starcommander @YRJ for keeping the community lively.

15. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2020

fragargon , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Hi @jlasensiofi

did you consider write up the story behind the time lapse video. Looks so beautifull.
    An atmosphere is created when the flower blooms (nyctinasty).
    I would like to know a,d learn how you achieve this. :)

16. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 4, 2020

17. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Jul 4, 2020

cdnfarmer , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Great write up and summary @B.I.T.S. thanks too you for also contributing. And thanks to all you respond kindly to the threads and encourage the comradery and communication.

Thanks for your kind words.
    thanks. 🤗

18. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 4, 2020