The Writers' Club Gazette - May 2020

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 1, 2020

YRJ , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Gazette May 20.png

Hello Community,

Welcome to the very first edition of the Gazette brought to you by the Writers' Club – a monthly digest of what happened in the Community, for users, by users!

We all love updates, be it in the form of software or just the things happening in and around the forums. For the regulars, the weeklies posted by the Global Community Team are a perfect combination of official information and other community-related updates. Moving forward, with an aim to keep the less active users in the loop of everything that's been happening during the month, the Writers' Club is kicking off the Gazette that will be posted between 1st and 5th of every month. It's a fun look back at the events of the previous month with some nice additions! ;)

With that said, let's glance at everything that happened in May 2020
    AMA, Challenges and a lot of Positivity!

The month of April came to a perfect close with @dsmonteiro announcing the OnePlus 8 Series Open Review Challenge which brings some very exciting rewards! There are already some nice reviews in the User Review subforum. Are you up for the challenge?

5G is a hot topic and that, naturally, has a lot of curious minds asking questions. @Zach X. took the initiative of getting those questions answered and invited some very special guests from Qualcomm and Google for an AMA on 5G, however, that wasn't the only AMA that was held last month, the accessory and gear team stopped by too and shared their views on the BWZ, Backpack, cases and more, don't forget to check their answers.

While the software team has been hard at work to bring you the latest updates and Kernel Sources for the 8Series, the Community team is making the forum experience enjoyable for all. As the online community continues to grow, community head - @Amanda W. introduced some changes in the community rules and moderation team.

To top it all, @Crystal Z. revealed that OnePlus is working with Reggie on composing a track and making a music video to highlight life during the pandemic. The community was invited to share their clips to be featured in the music video. Let's wait for the MV and see who all got featured ;)

Brought to you by the Writers' Club!

Ever since the inception of the Writers' Club, over two months ago, I and the the gang have been in a constant pursuit of creating content that you would enjoy and like to read. Thankfully, your response has been great, y'all have welcomed it with open arms and for that we are grateful. Linked below are 5 threads which you as a community have loved the most from the month of May 2020​
    • The entire world has come together to fight the virus and the Writers' Club did their bit too by creating a series of threads that revolved around the idea of #StayAtHome we hope you liked it.
    • @B.I.T.S. took us on a nostalgic ride, with her Hello Weekend thread, the evolution of the phone, in pictures, is remarkable!
    • @Cheetosdust asked the community their opinions on the newly introduced André cases, are you getting one? Let everyone know in his thread
    • The Lab is not just winning a new phone, it's earning it. Go behind the scenes with Mickey W. to see what goes into a The LAB review!
    • @B.I.T.S. brought to us the next installment of Why OnePlus? with a splendid interview of @Cheetosdust if you're looking for a fun read, your quest ends here.
    This, for us, is a learning curve and we intend to make the best of it with you. The Writers' Club would love to hear your thoughts. How are we doing? What do you like so far and what do you think we can do better? Let us know below. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Content is king and so is the creator!

The community has proved, time and again, that creativity knows know bounds. Be it a contest that requires exquisite skills or be it clicking the perfect photo with your latest smartphone! The demonstration always leaves me awestruck.
    This month I have seen a plethora of threads that is a testament to the community's passion and overflowing creativity. Here is just the tip of an iceberg.

[Creativity] - Art is not limited to the canvas. Anything that allows your creative juices to flow and experiment freely is Art! @fragargon showed us what it means to never settle. The lack of André's cases for his 8Pro did not stop him from adopting a look he wants! Curious? Make sure to check how he ruined his 8Pro case. ;)
    [​IMG]

[The Lab] - it's amazing how quickly the Lab has transformed into the community's most loved traditions. @Black Forest Ham , a second time lab reviewer shows us how it is actually done. Surpassing everyone's expectations, It's a review you do not want to miss!

[Creation] - As stated already, the OnePlus forums is a warehouse of talents! Community user @Ketki Badalwar made a miniature version of the FRIENDS set! It took Ketki 6 months to arrive at the current version and the attention to detail is astounding.
    Check the pics here ;)
    [​IMG]

[User Review] - The detailed review of the newly announced Bullets Wireless Z by @suhantm is one the the best I've read so far! If you're planning to grab a pair of these beautiful new buds make sure to check his review. I'm sure you will find all the information you need ;)

Let's talk Cloud Gaming!

Addition Magazine is a collection of great articles, interviews and other literary pieces. Recently, @dsmonteiro made a great contribution to it. The latest article in additionmag.com talks about Cloud Gaming. Is cloud the solution to what seems to be a scenario of technological stagnation in smartphones?

Its a fantastic read which I highly recommend. Also, I would love to know your thoughts on the same. Consider this as a post reading activity:
    What is your stance on cloud gaming? Is cloud the future of mobile gaming and do you see yourself gaming in the cloud?

With that, this month's Gazette comes to an end. The Writers' Club will be back with another edition of it soon! Until then, let your feedback flow.

Never Settle.

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jun 1, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Hi everyone, to add a bit more flare to this first edition of the Writers' Club Gazette, I would like to let you all know that we're looking to expand the Writers' Club, bringing in more talent to the group!

If you're into creative writing and are looking for a platform that will help you grow, the Writers' Club might be the perfect fit for you. During this month, we will share more information about the selection process, but, as usual, we will prioritize users that are active within the Community and are already writing great content. Stay tuned for more info!

3. Irfan77777
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2020

Irfan77777 , via OnePlus 5T , Jun 1, 2020 :
    great! it's unrelated to this thread but I am waiting for oneplus 8 pro for long time,I understand it's delayed but it would be great if you could provide me the date

G_plusone and MosheG1 like this.
  4. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Wow!! Amazing Gazette. Nicely summed up everything.

Everything is good but user interaction gets less day after day. Some topics are really good and goes on for a longer time but some just ends with just one comment per user, coz there is nothing more to add. More games would be good. Also some challenging threads with rewards like the Cooking thread.

P.S. I'm a tad bit sad that some review threads are not getting as much engagement as it should though🙈

5. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    This, I like very much!! 🔥😍

6. Swatiranjan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Wonderful thread @YRJ.

Just love to participate in each & every part of this community.
    This bulletin is like a Monthly Magazine. Very useful for new users joining to know what activities are going on and to feel proud about what we did as a part of this community.

I am surrounded by some beautiful people in this community.
    I really have tried to participate a lot & Enjoyed al lot in the month of May.
    Hope this month also bring lots of Joy & happiness.

❣️ SRD

7. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Jun 1, 2020

MosheG1 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    nice update @YRJ !!!
    I missed some of those threads even though I am an active user! so it's awesome for even some of the more active users too!

8. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Interesting...

Helder_DAlmeida, Dresa91, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  9. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 1, 2020

10. S1520640265343
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2020

11. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Jun 2, 2020

12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 2, 2020

YRJ , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Don't be. As @dsmonteiro says, metrics aren't all. Some topics perform well and some don't but that doesn't mean that you did not write it well.
    If I were to talk about the User Reviews only, then one of the problems may be that they do not make it to the recents tab on homepage, Threads in user reviews can only be viewed when someone goes to that particular forum - it's pretty exclusive. Hence, the low engagement.

Weather the content should be viewable on recents or not, is for the staff to consider. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jun 2, 2020

YRJ , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I'm sorry, I do not understand your question. Would you mind rephrasing?

B.I.T.S., Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  14. Batman360
    Lollipop Jun 2, 2020

Batman360 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Yeah, I understand 😊

B.I.T.S., Dresa91 and YRJ like this.
  15. BhavyaMehta0786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2020

16. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 2, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Hello @YRJ and many thanks for the recap. Pretty cool to see all the content presented in a single entry. You are the man. :cool:

And, obviously, congratulations to everyone who was tagged as you were responsible for some of the most interesting content that graced the forums these past weeks. Stay creative and stay awesome! :D

17. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jun 2, 2020

Dresa91 , Jun 2, 2020 :
    great and nice update (and recap) @YRJ :)
    good job:)
    congrats to all:) you all make this forum to a special and awesome place:)

18. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 2, 2020

19. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jun 2, 2020

Starcommander , Jun 2, 2020 :
    Dont be disheartened. Your review was great. I know that..
    Rainy:p

20. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jun 2, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jun 2, 2020 :
    I would love to see @Ketki Badalwar starting a new thread just with the miniatures and a brief explanation of what we are seeing. I'm sure it would be an amazing sight. :cool:

It was pretty cool to see Monica's kitchen and the words just attest how much love was poured into the process. :)