TheIcemanCometh here ...

1. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

TheIcemanCometh , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Just wanted to introduce myself here. It's rather cool to see the excitement for this phone, and with the really very positive reviews I've seen, it's warranted. Yes, I do wish they'd get production up to where they can actually put the thing up for sale. I'm quite excited to make the move to Cyanogen and will either do it with this phone or the Nexus 6, whichever comes out first.

I am an Android developer here in the U.S. and have been for about 4 months professionally (been a developer for 25 years overall).

Anyway, just wanted to drop by and say Hi.

Member #103480

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

mosesv26 and mahvi like this.
  2. hawk02b
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

mahvi likes this.
  3. mjalaeeamja
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

4. Casper5555
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

Casper5555 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Welcome iceman you are going to get yours before me, 25 years in the industry is a long time.....

5. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

Nothing that is in the store yet. We just created new Mobile teams at work (one for Android, the other for iOS), and we've only been under development for just over two months now.

This is an app for our company, with added mobile-only features that our website doesn't have yet. We're a social media company for medical information, and from what I see in our requirements, it's going to be pretty cool (I can't give out details for obvious reasons).

albertocgtz and Casper5555 like this.
  6. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

Thanks Casper.

Yeah, I'm the proverbial "old fart" (51 years old), and it's just what I was "meant" to do. I've always been an organized person, and think very logically in terms of writing software, so it's a natural fit. Even with all the changes that have happened in software development over those 25 years, it's still what I enjoy doing, and moving over to the Android side has definitely brought a breath of fresh air to my career.

7. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

Thanks. As much as I'd like to get the phone, I know it's going to be some time before I get one. I have a feeling it's going to be when they go up for general sale. I do wish, however, that the Nexus 6 would be announced, since my last two devices have been the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 and I've loved both!

I see you're a Mets fan. Braves fan here. Too bad you guys had to lose Harvey to TJ surgery. Just wait a couple of years - you guys will be significant again with some of the good young players (especially pitchers) you have.

mjalaeeamja likes this.
  8. Casper5555
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

Casper5555 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Sorry Iceman beaten you on age 61, having a lovely time in Florida, if it's what you enjoy then continue, changes happen so quick....

TheIcemanCometh likes this.
  9. mjalaeeamja
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

mjalaeeamja , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Great rivals! I just hope we get over .500 this year...We got some really good pitchers coming up. I wish we stop getting over-the-hill players and get young guys...

10. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

Yeah, that's always the tough part. You obviously want to develop your young players, but you don't want them to get discouraged when the team isn't playing very well or doesn't quite have the players to be "relevant". The only recourse you really have at that point is to pick up the proverbial "aging veteran" to hopefully catch lightning-in-a-bottle. You also have to keep the fans interested enough in the team so they keep coming out to support the team and generate revenue. We got a little lucky this year with Harang and Floyd (even though Floyd is injured right now). Both have pitched quite well for us, and have certainly exceeded everyone's expectations.

mjalaeeamja likes this.
  11. mjalaeeamja
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

12. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

Yeah, I wasn't terribly thrilled about the trade/extension in the first place. I certainly hate to see someone get "fired" like that, but it was deserved unfortunately and was the best for both sides. I hear the Giants are interested in him as well as the Reds with Phillips getting hurt. Maybe the change of scenery will help him. From everything I've heard he's a great guy and a great teammate. I just hope that BJ Upton doesn't turn into the same situation, although he's certainly played better the last few weeks.

mjalaeeamja likes this.
  13. blacksgsii2012
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

14. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

It looks like you should be getting an invite soon? Any word on that yet?

15. mjalaeeamja
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

mjalaeeamja , Jul 19, 2014 :
    @TheIcemanCometh , I have been checking my spam folder, inbox and this forum...No luck yet. When the kids get back, we have a lot of things to do. I am not getting my hopes up until Monday, but I will check my email on an hourly basis...lol

16. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

17. aussietanker
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2014

aussietanker , Jul 20, 2014 :

welcome .. Hope you get your 1+ phone soon.

18. Andas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2014

19. erikmasterboy
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2014

erikmasterboy , Jul 20, 2014 :
    i'm gonna say welcome a bit late. So... Welcome! been hera a since may and i enjoy this forum. btw nice to see a old person that knows electronics almost all old people here in sweden(that i know) don't know nothingebout electronics

20. TheIcemanCometh
    Gingerbread Jul 20, 2014

TheIcemanCometh , Jul 20, 2014 :
    Never too late to say Welcome, and thanks. I was on quite a bit yesterday, but not so much today as I have other things to do today. Everyone seems to be very friendly and supportive, which is refreshing to compared to many of the community forums on other sites I visit!