Other Theme Engine

1. irfanjamal
    Donut Mar 12, 2020

irfanjamal , Mar 12, 2020 :
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]I believe that OnePlus should have a complete and robust theme engine, that would not only let us changes colors and accents on our devices but let us customize our devices to the very minute details.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]That way everyone of us would have a different looking device, but with the same amazing Oxygen OS underneath.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]There are two ways this can be achieved:[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]1. One way of achieving this would be to have something like substratum theme engine (or a fork of substratum, since it is open source) baked into Oxygen OS, so that we'd have native support for themes. This obviously is a good option, since substratum has a wide developer base, and there are already a lot of custom themes available to download and use. The community is wonderful and integrating substartum into Oxygen OS would be a great addition to it.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]2. The other option would be to create your own theme engine and a store for themes to use on Oxygen OS. This however would be a bit redundant (one more theme engine and one more theme store). Also, it would take a lot of time and resources to get enough themes available.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]I hope this would get some consideration, since every other tom dick and harry (Samsung, Xiaomi, and, realme) out there has support for themes. I think it is time for us to have something similar but better (like the Oxygen OS way).[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]P.S: My first priority would be Substratum, because its open source, has an active community with a lot of good developers and already has a lot of wonderful ready to use themes.[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Thank you.[/font]