theme engine

1. Mannydasilveira
    Froyo Apr 3, 2017

Mannydasilveira , Apr 3, 2017 :
    should OnePlus add a theme engine.i feel like they could use substratum to allow us to theme the system.

2. Raajhathithyan
    Eclair Apr 3, 2017

Raajhathithyan , Apr 3, 2017 :
    i too want it a lot it will be awesome if we get it they can use Substratum they looks very cool i hope oneplus will surely get that to us .........

3. Hedrush
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2017

Hedrush , Apr 3, 2017 :
    Whats up with just downloading it from the store, we really don't need bloatware bogging down the OS.

G_Mehdi_Chtibi_dZNT and Sun90 like this.
  4. F_Jaishyam_RB_CjcD
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2017

5. Mannydasilveira
    Froyo Apr 3, 2017

Mannydasilveira , Apr 3, 2017 :
    some people don't want to root.if the app is already intergrated in the rom,it would be better

6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2017

7. HellbillyDeluxe
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2017

HellbillyDeluxe , Apr 3, 2017 :
    That's not the same, since those Themes would only affect the launcher, but not the whole system.

8. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2017

Kirakichi , Apr 3, 2017 :
    CM is excellent, do you say now that CM is bullsh*t just because of theme engine?

geez...

9. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2017

My apologize, CM got rebranded to LineAge OS.

10. G_Mohit_Singh_hNtJ
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2017

11. Pr0.ExE
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2017

Pr0.ExE , Apr 3, 2017 :
    Yeah! And while we are at it, why wouldn't they bring an auto root option? I've seen that on a CM13 build, and it was awesome! I didn't even need to go through all that trouble just to root the device. It was already implemanted!

F_Ivo_Fonseca_JDDx likes this.
  12. RaduPal
    Honeycomb Apr 3, 2017

RaduPal , Apr 3, 2017 :
    They can't add an auto-root option in the ROM because of CTS. As an OEM, if you want to be able to ship a device with Android and Google Services installed, you are requires to pass Google CTS. And if you provide a rooted ROM or an internal ROM method to auto-root, you do not pass CTS. Google doesn't allow rooting by default in commercial devices.

Back to the topic at hand, Substratum integration would be amazing! :D

F_Ivo_Fonseca_JDDx and Hedrush like this.
  13. kalander Shihab

14. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2017

G_plusone , Apr 3, 2017 :
    Agreed a system wide theme will make customisation even more awesome

15. Hedrush

Hedrush , Apr 3, 2017 :
    What the hell are you babbling about. Where did I say anything is bullshit? And wtf has CM got to do with this thread? The thread is about integrating substratum into OOS as stock and as has ready been mentioned it can't be done, simple as that. You want substratum go root your device and install it like I and many other Oneplus users have already done it's not exactly difficult to do.

Geez...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017

16. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2017

You mentioned a theme engine is a bloatware.

By CM or LineAge OS, i meant the theme engine, people like and liked CM and LineAge OS for it being a clean android OS and the theme engine is something people intentionally go for custom roms just for the sake of a different skin to the OS.

Anyway, you seem to get my concept wrong, it's cool i still like you.

Hedrush likes this.
  17. G_Arnas_Kučinskas_jwfh
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2017

Hedrush likes this.
  18. Hedrush

Hedrush , Apr 3, 2017 :
    Anything that gets added to a ROM that can be downloaded from the Play Store is bloatware. I like substratum I think it's great but it's never going to be added as stock on any official ROM for the reasons posted earlier, so the thread is dead in the water in that regard.

Yes, Cyanogen Mod had a very nice theme engine, but it's dead now and it's phoenix LOS doesn't even have a theme engine yet. If Oneplus made there own theme engine that would be a different thing altogether, will they? I have no idea. Would it be nice? Yes, it would. But they can't add substratum that's all I was getting at.

Kirakichi likes this.