[theme] Serial Experiment's Lain

1. elanglois
    Lollipop May 5, 2018

elanglois , May 5, 2018 :
    Anyone here a fan of Serial Experiment's Lain? It's a great Anime with lots of cult technical references. I decide to theme my phone based on the series, but theme it COMPLETELY, from the boot logo when you first turn on the phone, all the way to the lock screen, wallpaper, and font. The boot animation cleanly takes over where the boot logo stops and transitions to the lock screen wallpaper.

Here is a Video:

All files are available on my Google Drive.

You can create a custom logo.bin (initial boot screen), using the OP3TInjector. It works fine on the OP5 as well. The logo.bin file is flashed over the LOGO partition. You download the original as a partition image, then replace the PNG in the partition image with whatever you want, and write it back using the Unix "dd" command. Alternatively, I provided a flashable ZIP in the Google Drive.

Here is what the boot logo looks like:
    lain-boot.jpg

The boot animation is a simple ZIP file. Using a root-enabled file manager (I use FX), remount the system partition as RW and copy the bootanimation.zip file over /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Again, there is a flashable ZIP in the Google Drive to do this for you.

Finally, the lockscreen wallpaper and launcher wallpaper (the latter is amoled friendly) are also provided on my Google Drive. The font is Titillium Web, installed via Typeface. Icons are the Simplicon pack, Evie launcher, and custom KWGT widgets (not anime themed, just my standard set).
    lain-fence.jpg
    Screenshot_20180505-072658.jpg
    The audio is an actual modem connection, edited in Audacity for content length.

varma246, G_plusone, Brumore and 2 others like this.
  2. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 5, 2018

elanglois likes this.
  3. elanglois
    Lollipop May 6, 2018

4. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert May 6, 2018

Hydra Bob , May 6, 2018 :
    Huh never would have taken you for an anime fan. Never heard of the show but maybe I'll check it out sometime.

But hey nice job, it turned out really well. It's been awhile since I messed around with custom boot animations but I'll take a look at the tool you linked. That dial-up modem though, I almost forgot how ear piercingly awful that sound was lol.

G_plusone likes this.
  5. elanglois
    Lollipop May 6, 2018

elanglois , May 6, 2018 :
    Serial Experiments Lain is more of a technology show with a strong mental-rape component. There are 13 episodes and after the show is done, you still go "Huh?". And the references are awesome. The end of each episode says "To Be Continued" with the B and e colored as a reference to the old BeBox machines that came stock with dual CPUs really cool OS. It's a geek show, not for Dragonball Z fans [e]1f603[/e]

Hydra Bob likes this.
  6. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert May 6, 2018

Hydra Bob , May 6, 2018 :
    Hmm interesting. I'm definitely intrigued. I'll give it a watch and see what I think.

7. elanglois
    Lollipop May 7, 2018

elanglois , May 7, 2018 :
    Just a small update. There is a new bootanimation.zip that uses a higher framerate for smoother animation and extra frames in the initial blur transition. I think the overall effect is better, but I no longer EXACTLY matches the YouTube version. The difference is slight, but I'm a perfectionist.

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 23, 2018

elanglois , Sep 23, 2018 :
    Updated this again. Everything now uses rounded corners, smaller file sizes, smoother animations with a couple subtle refracts, less glaringly bright images, faster and quieter sound effect, and a new "amoled-friendlier" wallpaper featuring subdued color and more blacks.

I'm combining with Ruthless Pixel Launcher and a combination of Material Glass and Swift Black themes with an OmniDragon base.

Putting together the files into flashable zips is tedious, so reply here if there is interest.

9. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 23, 2018

G_plusone likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Sep 23, 2018

malidan , Sep 23, 2018 :
    No Kamehameha
    [​IMG]

No Final Flash

[​IMG]

No Special beam cannon

[​IMG]

No Lord Beerus Destroy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I might take a look at it.
    I will fire up the old sources for these type of things and see if I can find it.:D

G_plusone likes this.