There is dual LTE enabled in OnePlus X?

1. SPYFF
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2015

SPYFF , Nov 3, 2015 :
    The dual SIM looks very nice for me, but it is possible to use these together with LTE at the same time? If its not, maybe one 3G and one LTE mode?

2. SPYFF
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2015

3. Willhans88
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2015

Willhans88 , Nov 6, 2015 :
    Nope
    You can only activate one sim card to the Internet.
    But you will receive phone calls and messages from both.

pa5t1s, sykez, eye842 and 1 other person like this.
  4. SPYFF
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

SPYFF , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Well that is reasoneble, but also sad for me. Thank you for the answer!

5. Willhans88
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2015

Willhans88 , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Why in the hell do u want both sim card to go on the internet at the same time ????
    You can swift between them as you like, so I cant see the problem o_Oo_O

avishekghosh, Tokolozi, SPYFF and 2 others like this.
  6. gazwooha
    Eclair Nov 7, 2015

gazwooha , Nov 7, 2015 :

7. Willhans88
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2015

Willhans88 , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Software i OxygenOS

Just go to SETTINGS - SIM CARDS
    Under preferred SIM for:
    Mobile Data: Yours choice
    Calls: Yours choice of standard sim cards or let it ask every time you have to call somebody
    SMS Messages: Yours choise of standard sim card or let it ask you every time

You can also give the sim cards names of yours choice - Mine is named PRIVATE and WORK. Then you recieve a phonecall you can see of the notofication which sim card they are trying to reach you on.

My own settings:
    Mobile data: Private sim card (I can use around 20 GB per month)
    Calls: Ask me every time (because my second sim card is work related)
    It works like.... Then I want to call somebody, it ask my which sim card I want to use :)
    SMS: Private sim card (I have free messages)

SPYFF likes this.
  8. SPYFF
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

SPYFF , Nov 7, 2015 :
    I'm a developer, my team develops a software which is generally support multiple network interfaces (Wi-Fi and LTE at this time), but unfortunately there is not a single phone with dual mobile data LTE, so we pretty much unable to test is :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015

Tokolozi likes this.
  9. SPYFF
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

SPYFF , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Thank you for the detailed answer, looks like there is two LTE modem in this phone (I assume it, if you dont need to swap the card between the SIM slots). This is worth a try for me even if its impossible to use 2 LTE at the same time (I know, there are difficulties with CDMA noise, etc.)

10. Rippedfuel
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2015

Rippedfuel , Nov 8, 2015 :
    When one sim card is enabled for LTE is the other dropped to 2G or 3G?

I recently bought a dual sim nokia under the assumption that both go on 3G at the same time. My network provider does not have a 2G network so only one sim can be active at a time. I was hoping maybe the Oneplus X would maybe drop to a 3G network instead of down to 2G so both sims could run at the same time.

11. boonkoh
    Eclair Nov 8, 2015

boonkoh , Nov 8, 2015 :
    This is weird. Just got my OPX in the UK. Put in a Vodafone sim into the primary slot, perfect, picks up 4G and 3G.

Put in a Three mobile sim into the second slot. Doesn't connect. after lots of looking at the networks it can find, it looks like the second sim can only connect to 2G, not even 3G?

This is a huge deal breaker as the OPX in the UK is compatible with Three mobile 4G and 3G bands (but not 2G!)

Any suggestions or should the second sim be able to conect to 3G?

12. Rippedfuel
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2015

Rippedfuel , Nov 9, 2015 :
    I think as stated earlier in the thread that no dual sim phone exists that can have two sim cards connected to 3G or higher network at the same time. When one card is connect to a 3G or better network, the other one drops to 2G. If a provider does not have a 2G network (like my current provider) your sim card will just go inactive. It might be better than still carrying two phones around though. As long as switching between sim cards is not a pain in the @$$.

13. rezender
    Donut Dec 3, 2015

rezender , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Cant find any option under SIM CARDS that would allow me to activate dual LTE. Is this my mistake ?

14. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Dec 3, 2015

Kéno40 , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Did you read the other posts above BEFORE posting?????
    Seriously, there are less than 10 !

rezender likes this.