There is one thing OnePlus didn't think through and it makes me mad

1. ajem
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2014

ajem , Oct 18, 2014 :
    Seriously, the charger? I mean yeah, it looks nice, but it is not functional at all! I have to fight with it over and over again to get light notification that it is, in fact, charging. Happens every two days when I try to cahrge the phone, so not that bad, but still. What is it caused by?

The "great" flat USB cable. Yeah, sure, looks sweet. The open design of USB connector is pure rubbish! When you connect the USB into the charger, you are in constant fight over wether the connector will drop down and thus not charge, or, with heaven's luck, it will be nice and start charging the minute you plug the phone to charge.

I'm sorry, but I guess I am really mad about the charger. Look in this case is really not that important and situation, where USB connector is badly measured so it drops from charger is just a nightmare. Shame, since charging time via charger and via USB are hugely different in charging time, but, to not get mad, I WON'T be using the charger, as it is made bad.

PS: Some of you complained about not enough "bad things about OPO" topics, here you have it. Phone is awesome. Accessories - not. ;)

musicalsoldier and MickyGreenEye like this.
  2. flamingodise
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2014

3. shastada

shastada , Oct 18, 2014 :
    They went for form over function. Rather have a vanilla cable that works and was a bit longer. Cable is way too short as well.

ajem likes this.
  4. twacrs

twacrs , Oct 18, 2014 :
    I haven't had these problems. What do you mean, "drop down and not charge"? Does yours only charge in a specific position?

Sonywalk and MikkelBroxgaard like this.
  5. dhaugru
    KitKat Oct 18, 2014

dhaugru , Oct 18, 2014 :
    Another thing is customer service for existing customer who spent there money with this company. It doesn't exist.

a_agarwal likes this.
  6. biko1982
    Froyo Oct 18, 2014

biko1982 , Oct 18, 2014 :
    If you don't like it: change it. Use another cable. Use 20 cables:
    Never settle ;-)

a_agarwal likes this.
  7. londonappdev
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2014

londonappdev , Oct 18, 2014 :
    I see your point. The UK charger comes with an adapter so I just use a standard USB charger (I think from an old Samsung) for wall socket charging.

I love the red flat USB cable because it seems more solid and looks cool :). I see how length could be an issue for some but it's perfect length for me because as a developer I mostly use it to plus into my laptop while working, therefore it not being too long is not a problem.

8. Swaraj2706

9. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Oct 18, 2014

simon28 likes this.
  10. ajem
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2014

ajem , Oct 18, 2014 :
    From what I can say it happens because the USB connector drops down in the charger, thus disconnecting from circuit; no powerflow. It is not like it falls out of the charger, it just doesn't transfer any power, so I am forced to charge OPO with another charger/via USB port. Which is slow.

11. ajem
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2014

ajem , Oct 18, 2014 :
    Exactly my point. Nobody cares how the charger looks as long as it works. Now it looks nice, but doesn't function. Srsly, OnePlus ? :p

12. twacrs

twacrs , Oct 18, 2014 :
    You might have a faulty charger.

13. hmtran3
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2014

hmtran3 , Oct 18, 2014 :
    The only complaint I have with the charger is the provided usb cable is too short. Unless you have outlets in the perfect places, it's pretty much going to be sitting next to the wall during a charge. For me, another foot would've worked much better. I have no connection or charging issues though, as described in the OP.

14. hmtran3
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2014

hmtran3 , Oct 18, 2014 :
    I agree, sounds faulty...

15. ajem
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2014

ajem , Oct 18, 2014 :
    May be the case, but still, in some other topic I said about my problem, people seemed to have the same. Just thought that I would write a topic about it, so people can see that there are problems with OPO - not with the phone, but with the charger :)

16. Parinya-f
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2014

Parinya-f , Oct 18, 2014 :
    The length of the USB cable is just right for me. Both for charging and PC/notebook connected. Many would like to have longer cable because some times they do some things while charging.

The design of the cable is cool but I don't like the way it was folded in the box when shipped out of the factory.

Charging time is perfectly short and my charger works just fine. Have to pay a bit attention to the cable while insert and remove it but this is nothing to me.

17. thekeytolife

thekeytolife , Oct 18, 2014 :
    Invite?

18. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Oct 18, 2014

19. risky1301
    Lollipop Oct 18, 2014

20. d0rks0ul

d0rks0ul , Oct 18, 2014 :

[​IMG]