There's A Reason For The Nickname "Flagship Killer"

1. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Darnell , Aug 13, 2015 :
    "I come from a long line of forum moderators. My grandfather was a mod. My father was a mod. And now, I too Am a mod. Even though my only real dream in life was to become a circus performer."

@drmartin
    ;):D:D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

2. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Darnell , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I Loved the band aid post!!! Just awesome! And glad you moved on from Touchwiz ;)

MarcJG likes this.
  3. pedrojmsilva
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

Darnell likes this.
  4. B4kken
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2015

B4kken , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I like how this have escaped a lot of minds now. The "the price is no longer an argument" argument is something I never understood.
    Actually, people usually ends up pretty intrigued.
    ..With high end specs? because mid range android phones are usually the cheap(crappy) Samsung phones.

Darnell likes this.
  5. soriful
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

rayandreas likes this.
  6. Expletive_Deleted
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2015

Expletive_Deleted , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Me too. I had messed with Nexus 5, but stupidly got rid of it for a Note 3. I did get 100 gigs from box in the deal though :)

7. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Darnell , Aug 13, 2015 :
    nope. Cheaper isn't considered better. That's why I'd never say it ;)

8. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Wrighty , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Don't get me wrong, it's a high end mid-range phone. But still mid-range.

9. Expletive_Deleted

Expletive_Deleted , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Great answer. My ancestors came from circus people, I changed the curve and become a carney

Darnell likes this.
  10. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Darnell , Aug 13, 2015 :
    My answer came from a peer .
    I borrowed the words

MarcJG likes this.
  11. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

12. Aztrelik
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

Aztrelik , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Most of my friends are not tech savvy so...

Darnell likes this.
  13. housry23

housry23 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I think the OPO was a true flagship killer, but the OP2 is not. Also, OnePlus is trying to be Apple and Samsung. Carl himself said that. He said that in a few years there would only be Apple, Samsung and OnePlus left. He actually said that without laughing or saying just kidding. But, you're right about one thing. OnePlus makes an excellent phone for the money. The difference this year is, there are tons of other options at this price point now. When the OPO was released, a $350 smartphone with high end specs was unheard of.

14. john3293
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Darnell likes this.
  15. magnamentis

magnamentis , Aug 13, 2015 :
    it's not the phone which gets laughs, people just found an opportunity to laugh about you. why do i say that? because if you have a reputation as a person the reactions are the opposite. what kind of super thing must that be if that guy has it? they ask themselves and envy shows. hence build for yourself a reputation as a person who knows what he's doing, standing for good taste, efficiency and education with a good prise of ethics, and you'll see. and then a bit more self-confidence will help also, because people who really laugh about good stuff because they don't know it you can forget. they don't matter. better care for the reactions of animals and small children, sounds perhaps a bit strange but there you get a genuine feedback related to how you come over.

16. Skf123
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2015

Skf123 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    So what happens when OnePlus grows bigger and starts pricing their phones similar to that of the Samsungs and iphones of the world, do we just forget about them and move on to the next up and coming company that can afford to sell their phones at a cheaper price?

Kapitan Nemo and Darnell like this.
  17. Darnell
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Darnell , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Even better. Only two out of the seven were tech savvy .
    Trust, the phone sells itself. The brand adds to the intrigue.

18. acet21
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

acet21 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Good job on this find and good point. I think we can use this post to eliminate all the useless post that are being created about the phone missing x y and z.

To be honest, before I started contributing to this forum, I made up my mind through my own research that I would definately buy OP2. But after I have read so many negative things, I found myself questioning my decision. Then along comes this post reminding me what I already knew before but forgot briefly.

Thanks dude

Darnell likes this.
  19. Dave K
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

Dave K , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Yes I am a proud owner of the OnePlus. And I will gladly get the OPT once this invites get round to my turn.

Darnell likes this.
  20. Aztrelik
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

Aztrelik , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Woah take it easy! No need to get all philosophical over the oneplus name! Next time just say leave the oneplus name alone much easier to type

rayandreas and Darnell like this.