21 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. I don't care

27 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. EdWord602
    Eclair Aug 7, 2014

EdWord602 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Yeah i have to agree that it is a beautiful screen but it brought flash backs of the htc thunderbolt lol so i said nope

2. sbenson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

sbenson , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Cool story broski.

3. lennyk1313
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

lennyk1313 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    That is definitely one of the options I am considering :)

4. rads2312
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

rads2312 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    i went to a store to compare my opo with the g3 and i even restarted both phone and it seems that the g3 is lagging, it could be the bloat ware in it but it seems that my opo is smoother

5. BHolyk
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

BHolyk , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I went out and got the LG g3 the day it came out for att as well. The WiFi was weak and Bluetooth would not stay connected to my Audi. Returned it after five days and bought the OPO on eBay. In my opinion this thing destroys the g3. The g3 was also a lag fest even with the normal android tweaks and the halo issue around lettering was really annoying. With money being no issue, do what I did and just buy the OPO on eBay (Ipaid $450). F**k this invite BS.

6. amarano
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014

amarano , Aug 7, 2014 :
    honestly its a no brainer. if i were you i would just go buy it tomorrow, if you dont care about the money which you said you didnt.

7. Sammaul
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Sammaul , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I would say get the G3 from Tmob, but I don't think it has Tmob's new 700mhz frequencies.

8. Royboy
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2014

Royboy , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Wasted apology bro, the non-freaks don't ener these forums.

lennyk1313 and toastytoast1234 like this.
  9. Jezza
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014

Jezza , Aug 7, 2014 :
    How about neither? Unless you're without a decent device now, I'd hang out here and wait a few months. Nexus 6 or android Silver devices should be out in October or November. If they don't impress, the G3 will still be around--probably cheaper. And, in the meantime you might land an invite.

10. lennyk1313
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Exactly :)

11. Sammaul
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Sammaul , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Hell I got the Ascend Mate 2 in late June just so I had something to hold me off until the fall...and it is actually a very decent phone. Between the Nexus 6, OPO, Mi4, and the possible 805 version of the G3 there will be a very nice set of options

12. lennyk1313
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

You pose a very good argument. I just wish I didn't have such an ADD with all these gadgets that I like to change very often. I keep finding excuses to get some cool toys for my kids that I can play with as well. You get the point lol

13. Roderickvalerio
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

Roderickvalerio , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I was also going to get the g3 but I looked up bench marks and Oneplus blows it away. The quality build is another reason I didn't go with it feels cheap and plastic. Give it a little more time I just got my Oneplus This week and I can say that Its one of my favorite purchases this year.

14. lennyk1313
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

I never held OPO so I can't comment, but for me LG felt great, definately not cheap. Samsung on the other hand feels that way, that is why I am not considering it (owned couple of Samsungs before).

15. nightwingxl
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

nightwingxl , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I don't know enough on the G3 but I can tell you the main reason I'm chasing the OPO is price - I think for the most part that's why a lot of us are here. My ideal phone was really the HTC One M8, but I don't live in the US and I don't want to dish out 700US for an unlocked international phone. If price wasn't an issue I would probably still choose the M8 over the OPO (I like HTC Sense + the aluminum case + smaller form factor) - Point is - once cost isn't an issue for you - go with the phone you feel better with and you will feel makes you happier to own.

If cost is an issue - well consider it like this - lets say you have to wait 3-4 more months to get this phone: Would the cost of productivity lost equal or surpass the difference in prices between the OPO and G3?

16. itsysun
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

17. gdigenis
    Eclair Aug 7, 2014

gdigenis , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I have both and they are both nice. They both feel great in the hand for different reasons. The one feels more substantial and feels like a higher quality device to me and I love the texture of the sandstone back. The g3 seems small compared to it and is light with a nice curved back that feels good too, but very slippery.

What bothers me about the g3 is that it feels slow. It is not stuttering the way I have seen review phones do on YouTube, but it is slow. I have done two full resets and have uninstalled or disabled pretty much all bloatwear and unused LG apps and I have turned the animations speeds all the way off and it is still slow. The text messaging app is very slow which drives me nuts. The one is much faster using the same launcher and setup.

I have gone back to the one and will use it until the g3 gets a software update and then see if it is any better. I think the g3 would have been much better with a 1080p screen. Battery life is also better on the one if you need a lot of screen on time. The g3 is very efficient when the screen is off, but using them the same way the one gets better battery life with mixed use. I tend to use my devices with screen set to auto or around 30-40 % brightness as I personally value battery life over full brightness, but your use may vary.

Both are great, just depends on what you are used to and what you use your phone to do. As one other member said, if money is not an issue just pick one up thru other avenues

18. lennyk1313
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

19. Akisra
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Akisra , Aug 7, 2014 :
    From what I saw (looking around at other carriers and moving from Verizon) the time to exchange devices has shortened across all carriers, so check with your carrier before purchasing a device. There may also be fees associated with the return of the device when there is no defect. :)

20. sahlomh
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

sahlomh , Aug 7, 2014 :
    The lag on the g3 reminded me of the early HTC phones it made me crazy