Thinking of selling my OPO

1. markgranto
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

markgranto , Nov 25, 2014 :
    So 2 months since i've had it and I really really want to like the OPO, and i initially did, but over the past few months ive become frustrated and slightly annoyed by things....

Every new update seems to bring more bugs, that I can mostly live with but for me the killer is the camera. I've went on and on about the camera, yes it is very good, but only in the right conditions and right subject. 99% of my shots are of my kids who rarely want to sit still and for that the camera is garbage, its a constant fight to get decent shots and end up with a blurred mess or the back of a head. Even resorted to burst mode but the quality of them is not even on par with my wife's moto g. I'd say other than texting/browsing and emailing that's what I use it most for.

So what am I going to get? The LG G3 (just been reduced in price here in the uk sim free to pretty much the same price as the OPO), I moved from the G2 to the OPO and I loved the ease of the camera on that, just auto settings point and click, shutter speed was excellent. Only downfall for that was the 16gb onboard storage with no micro sd. The G3 has that.

As I mentioned i really really want to like/keep the OPO, anyone want to try and persuade me to keep it? Think the L update might help boost the camera?

2. Shihjen
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

jackdsparker likes this.
  3. Escobra
    Froyo Nov 25, 2014

4. carbine30
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2014

carbine30 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    looks to me that few months are more than 2 months ;) anyway you don't have to keep something you don't like or causing you frustration.

5. timhuiskamp
    Froyo Nov 25, 2014

timhuiskamp , Nov 25, 2014 :
    It's not up to us to persuade you. Your phone is a personal choice. If you don't like it or think there is something better out there, go right ahead, buy it and I wish you find that which you seek (that sounded very dramatic)

I've looked at and used many of the current models on the market and for me personally the OPO was the best, but again what I look for in a phone is not what you look for in a phone. So make your own choices.

Good luck mate!

SugaDew, ronoldo, millena and 5 others like this.
  6. omiroks
    Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2014

rritambhar and markgranto like this.
  7. carbine30
    Marshmallow Nov 25, 2014

carbine30 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    same title, different member .

arrisquddus and Christian_yn like this.
  8. don-doe
    KitKat Nov 25, 2014

don-doe , Nov 25, 2014 :
    Since there is a new camera API in Android L it could improve the camera performance. But I guess it'll be a few more months (at least til January) until there is a stable release for the opo. You could check in one of the threads about Lollipop if people who installed an early version see improvements of the camera or not. But if you're not happy with it I guess you don't want to wait any more, kids are growing fast...

9. int3
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2014

int3 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    Not sure what you want to accomplish with this thread. Do you want people to talk you out of selling or encourage you to sell?
    And also lets be honest here. If you value a smartphone camera so much the One was probably the wrong choice to begin with.
    If you want a excellent camera look for nokia or sony smartphones.

ronoldo likes this.
  10. jkbhso3
    Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2014

jkbhso3 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    Pretty much word for word.

11. markgranto
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

Yeah I know what you are saying, and I never thought it would be me, sadly it now is.

Exactly the kind of thread I wanted to see, i'll certainly check that out. thanks!

don-doe likes this.
  12. leemartin
    Lollipop Nov 25, 2014

leemartin , Nov 25, 2014 :
    I've just got an LG G3. To be honest I don't think its as good as an OPO. but at least you don't get all the OPO niggles and software bugs. Personally I really think the G3 is let down by its QHD screen. I can't see the difference between it and 1080p even with my reading glasses on and the phone does seem sluggish because of it.

ronoldo and markgranto like this.
  13. Killua.Zoldyck
    Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2014

markgranto likes this.
  14. markgranto
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

I'm all for whatever comments people want to make, and as I mentioned above, i'll go an scour the L threads to see if anyone mentioned the camera in that version. I love the phone but the camera is such a big part of my usage its starting to become a pain.

15. arrisquddus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2014

arrisquddus , Nov 25, 2014 :
    I tried the G3 in a store and I don't know why but the display seemed worse to me than a normal 1080p.

16. markgranto
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

Yip the screen is my one concern not just on the possible lag but also on battery life. I get about 2-3 days on my OPO (I got pretty much the same from my G2). Thanks for the input.

17. ahighfield
    KitKat Nov 25, 2014

ahighfield , Nov 25, 2014 :
    I agree... I couldn't really assess the camera based on the forum because there were completely opposite views, knew I had to bite bullet and was only one way to be sure for myself after purchasing. Unfortunately, so far camera has been disappointing for me. Could be user error or a hardware fault, hard to tell at this point.

Unfortunately, and perhaps most distressing, wife still gets to criticize my crappy android phone camera while she blasts away with perfect shots from her iPhone... Grrrr! ;)

digitaldr, SugaDew and markgranto like this.
  18. rjwalsh10
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

rjwalsh10 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    Not sure where you are shopping in the UK - but SIM free the G3 is still over £300, and that's only 16GB storage built in, so you have to spend more on SD

19. MXVZ
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2014

20. aap001
    Honeycomb Nov 25, 2014

aap001 , Nov 25, 2014 :
    if you don't like it you don't like it...sell it and get something that will make you happy

ronoldo likes this.