This is my take on the "One"

1. vijeshv1
    Honeycomb Aug 17, 2014

vijeshv1 , Aug 17, 2014 :
    I got my one on 13th of August (Even though it was delivered to my relative in July itself) and thought I could share my views with you friends, forumites.
    I am from India and my network provider is bsnl.

I have been using the legendary Nexus 4 for the past 18 months and I love it for many reasons and do not like a few things with it. So I will be comparing some of the features with that phone so that some of you could get a better understanding of the same.

1. Display: The display is awesome. Just like a AMOLED display it is very bright and the colors are almost perfect. Yes I got the yellow hue at the bottom of the screen and ya its there. I can see it. But is it a problem. I dont think so. It wont cause you a problem with daily use and I dont mind it. But I dont see the same with my nexus anyway so it is only with this phone and please dont say "Its there with every phone if you see it in some angles and all".
    I will give 8.5/10 for the display.

2. Touchpad: Great touch response with off-screen keys too. I liked it but sometimes it accidentally get pressed. No ghost touches or anything as some people experienced.
    I will give 9/10 for this.

3. Audio : The speakers are great on this phone. I really loved the quality of sound from those two and they are awesome. QUALITY its a word I reiterate. Headphone output is something which I only experienced with HTC devices.
    I will give 9.9/10.. :)

4. Call quality: Call quality is average. I am working in a factory atmosphere and call volume is really important for me. Vibration also is very feeble which made me miss calls many a time. I really missed the loud volume from my Nexus' earpiece and I wish the Oneplus guys could do something more about it teaming up with Cyanogen.
    I will give 6/10.

5. Connectivity: Connectivity options are fine with this phone. No issues with wifi connectivity as some users reported. But the signals reception is weaker than my nexus. But the impressing internet speed are something to be happy about.
    I will rate it as 8/10.

6. Design and Build: The phone feels good to hold. I wish it was lighter, but good. The sandstone finish is novel. I liked it. Nice positioning of buttons. Camera should have placed a little lower. I would like to see the screen grow from the sides rather than screen with border design. Overall build is 8.5/10.

7. Camera: I camera is hmm what to say.. good. That's all. I don't believe in filters and all when it comes to mobile cameras. Not saying I dont use it or they are useless. But I feel the purpose is different from a DSLR or point and shoot camera. It should snap it in a snap, should focus asap and could do this in auto mode. Finding the right filter to capture the moment is impractical sometimes. The quality of pictures too are not that great, but not bad too.
    For camera it is 7/10.

8. Performance: One performance front, there is no doubt that this is a beast. Games like Dead Trigger 2 loads pretty fast and no big heating issues while playing such memory hungry games. Ya it do, every smartphone do heat, but not much. One thing I found was in idle stage it is using half the memory about 1.4 G which I dont know why.. Cyanogen team could do something about it as far as I understand.
    Its 9/10 for performance.

9. Cyanogen 11s: This is the cream of the phone. I have been using CM 11 in nexus for about 6 months and likes it a lot, but the 11s is way ahead of it. They try to blend with the phone and that is what actually happened. Hats off to the entire Cyanogen team for their effort and we are expecting from you more as you have proved us there is still more you can do.
    Its a 9.9/10 for CM 11S.

10. Battery Life: The battery life is pretty good though I did not get the awesome inspiring 2 day battery life on moderate use as some boasts of. This is one big reason for me to change from my Nexus 4. So I do care about it very much. Decent is the ample word.
    9/10 for battery.

Overall I am satisfied with the product. Thanks to the entire OnePlus team for the phone and the platform where we can discuss about anything. The forum has been a place of fun for me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

2. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

vijeshv1 likes this.
  3. Hodor
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

nikula1994 and vijeshv1 like this.
  4. Sonny
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

vijeshv1 likes this.
  5. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Aug 17, 2014

nikula1994 and vijeshv1 like this.
  6. jshjx
    Jelly Bean Aug 17, 2014

vijeshv1 likes this.
  7. akoffman
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2014

vijeshv1 likes this.
  8. vijeshv1
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2014

vijeshv1 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Happy to see that still people read the reviews. There were once discussions about what happens when the phone become available to many. Now I feel there will be still people there sticking around the forum for chats, conversations, etc.
    This is the first time I am seriously following a forum and I liked it and so I want to come back here every time.

Montauk631 and marcoi like this.
  9. NigeH
    Froyo Sep 7, 2014

NigeH , Sep 7, 2014 :
    Good review. I can't wait to receive an invite to get one myself.

10. dgilford
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 7, 2014

dgilford , Sep 7, 2014 :
    T
    Thanks

11. arunkrish123
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2014

12. Talon113
    Gingerbread Sep 7, 2014

13. acwe

acwe , Sep 7, 2014 :

Would that mean you are giving it 84.8 / 100

Good but not awesome.

Looks like most of the not so fantastic points may come down so software. So future updates may indeed improve the performance of the phone.

Nice review. Thanks

[​IMG]

vijeshv1 likes this.
  14. Jon Roth

15. Jamestagal
    Gingerbread Sep 7, 2014

Jamestagal , Sep 7, 2014 :
    Nice review. I have the Nexus 5 but I am keen to get the One and based on your review make me want to get my hands on it even more! thanks for your thoughts.

16. nem3sis
    Jelly Bean Sep 7, 2014

17. david-au
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2014

vijeshv1 likes this.
  18. Karthik23kc
    Jelly Bean Sep 7, 2014

Karthik23kc , Sep 7, 2014 :
    Does the yellow hue go away gradually?

19. joncraiglee
    Froyo Sep 7, 2014

20. Tupac Shakur