This is the OnePlus 5T Sandstone White

1. Carl Co-founder Staff Member Jan 3, 2018

Carl, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Change This Image (3).png

Hey everyone,

Whenever we talk about materials and design, it never takes our fans long to bring up Sandstone. Since we first introduced Sandstone on the OnePlus One, it has become an iconic part of our identity. Whether it be through a Styleswap cover or a premium case, each of our devices has been graced by our most iconic material. The moment we made the leap to an all-aluminum chassis on the OnePlus 3, we started experimenting with blending Sandstone with metal. It’s been almost two years since then, but we’ve finally hit upon a device that matches our standards of design. We’re proud to introduce: The OnePlus 5T Sandstone White.

A brilliant marriage of nostalgia and expert craftsmanship, the OnePlus 5T Sandstone White unites the iconic sensation of OnePlus Sandstone with a sleek all-aluminum shell. Slowly perfected using over 100 prototypes, this is the first time we managed to apply our classic Sandstone feel to a metal chassis. It takes 4 layers to create a body with a comfortable grip and a natural, minimalistic appearance.

780x400px.png

This limited-edition device undergoes four increasingly complex processes before it’s ready to hit the market, each of which was designed to ensure both a visually stunning sense of style and an incredible feel. First, we sandblast the aluminum alloy and apply a primer for added protection. A color temperature layer ensures the white tones are balanced and natural. Next, we apply a blend of natural minerals and white oil paint, lending the device its stunning blend of white and gray tones and signature Sandstone feel. Finally, UV light is used to refine the texture of the phone and ensure hardness and durability.

Thank you for being a part of this journey with us. Over the years, we have created a lot of history together. Sandstone is an incredibly important part of that history. Over the years, we have received more than a few cries for a true Sandstone device. With the OnePlus 5T Sandstone White we are casting a bold new light on a beloved classic. We can’t wait to get it into your hands. Thank you for 4 years of support!

You’ll be able to get your hands on the OnePlus 5T Sandstone White starting on January 9, at 10AM ET/ 10AM CET/ 10AM GMT. The OnePlus 5T Sandstone White is the most complex device we have ever built. Owing to its labor and time-intensive development, the OnePlus 5T will be available in extremely limited quantities. So, don’t miss out on this Limited Edition version of the latest OnePlus flagship.

Never Settle.

2. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Jan 4, 2018

dsmonteiro, Jan 4, 2018 :
    I NEED THIS! (read, want)

3. luxuskamel KitKat Jan 4, 2018

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

4. smartbuddy Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2018

smartbuddy, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Starwars "Exclusive" phone without the Logo launched as a new "Exclusive", Congrats !

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

5. Antgl Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

O1510878363278 likes this.
  6. luxuskamel KitKat Jan 4, 2018

7. caskoele Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

caskoele, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Sandstone white! That's refreshing to say the least!
    Next: good ol' sandstone black ;)

#SandstoneEverything

MikeG247, Punk_69 and saurabhrb like this.
  8. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jan 4, 2018

9. keithnyc Lollipop Moderator Jan 4, 2018

keithnyc, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Wow...perfection...
    #sandstoneforever

Salt505, Ceasedd and Cheetosdust like this.
  10. RSPBLR Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

RSPBLR, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Buy sandstone white, put a nice cover to protect it.
    Wait, wherez that star wars logo. How did you manage to wipe it off.

11. Baymax Starting Point Expert Jan 4, 2018

Baymax, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Carl... This intrigues me. You actually listened and brought back sandstone. I may actually get one if the price is right.

Edit: Nope. Price too high. Need a 6GB model in order me to justify the price.

12. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jan 4, 2018

Cheetosdust, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Europe is the same price. Sandstone White. 8GB RAM + 128GB Storage. 559,00€.

13. The1Lion Lollipop Jan 4, 2018

The1Lion, Jan 4, 2018 :
    What?!?!?!?!? I want a refund for my OPO now! I feel so cheated! :p

"The OnePlus 5T Sandstone White is the most complex device we have ever built." o_O:confused::D

I'll take your word for it - Can I get a $500 trade-in for my Classic Sandstone OnePlus One 3GB/64GB LOS version? ;) It was also a very complex device and probably was originally the "most complex device" OnePlus built so has to be worth quite a bit as it is now a classic right? :cool:

14. deepak_patra Froyo Jan 4, 2018

15. pkair Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

pkair, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Ok now I am peaced off! I hate this when OnePlus introduces new color after everyone bought black one. Please stop doing it or at least tell people you will have different colors in near future. I so wanted white device....

16. The1Lion Lollipop Jan 4, 2018

The1Lion, Jan 4, 2018 :
    nope, Star Wars feels like you hold a lightsaber, without the Star Wars logo it feels like you are holding a brick :p

gitarrmagnus, smauri, Jeet77 and 14 others like this.
  17. Rox598 Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2018

Rox598, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Why white? I mean I really want it due to the sandstone but white and sandstone this thing is gonna get dirty very quickly.

18. cambo85 Eclair Jan 4, 2018

cambo85, Jan 4, 2018 :
    No wonder folk get annoyed on here. Can they not just release them at same time in different colours instead of waiting 6 weeks and pissing off folk who'd have bought a white one if they had the option at launch!

19. An.I.Am Jelly Bean Moderator Jan 4, 2018

20. shivpkapila Gingerbread Jan 4, 2018