This is when you will receive your invite!

1. Del1958
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2015

Del1958 , Sep 4, 2015 :
    I think region also counts.

2. smaug42
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2015

smaug42 , Sep 4, 2015 :
    On one hand we have OnePlus staff stating that Invites will be allocated based on Tiers, and within the Tiers it breaks down into:
    • When the OnePlus One was purchased
    • The amount of OnePlus Ones purchased
    • The date they joined the OnePlus forums
    • Amount of forum posts that have great engagement and quality
    And on the other hand we have:
    • Cupcakes getting invites
    • People who joined weeks ago getting invites
    • People with 5 or 6 forum posts getting invites
    • People who've never purchased a OPO getting an OPT invite
    • People who joined in April 2014 or earlier not getting invites
    • People who have purchased multiple OPOs not getting an invite
    • People who purchased OPO phones in the first and second round in 2014 not getting an invite
    Neat... I can see how reality lines up "exactly" with what OnePlus staff stated. LOL.

I am a Tier Two person. I'm not too bothered that I have not received an invite.. not planning on buying another OP phone anyway. The complete disconnect between reality and what OnePlus claimed would happen is more amusement for me than anything... funny how people hang on every word from OP, believing everything they say every time and getting let down and disappointed every time. :) OP has a pretty clear track record of claiming one thing and doing something completely different... and people refuse to see it.

3. Theshawty
    KitKat Sep 4, 2015

Theshawty , Sep 4, 2015 :

Take a look at my joining date. I have not received an invite.

4. Gslide
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2015

5. Wittiwittmann
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2015

Wittiwittmann , Sep 4, 2015 :

I think as well the big problem is not the waiting. The problemis the disconnection between what is promissed and what the forum members experience...

smaug42 likes this.
  6. jma9454
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2015

jma9454 , Sep 4, 2015 :
    I joined in may, bought in September, and I got an invite yesterday.

7. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2015

magnamentis , Sep 4, 2015 :
    exactly, i receive my invite 3 days ago and am member from Q1 2014 and active in the formum and ONE owner of course and still later guys had their invite earlier.

it could even be that they changed their strategy now from wait for invite to wait for device. mine was ordered 3 days ago and is still in processing while stated as stock. hence whatever it is and if it's bad or not depends on the point of view but one thing is 100% sure, it again does not make sense and one or the other statement is not the truth. just waiting and see how many similar posts will show up during the next few days should that become a common pattern.

8. Theshawty
    KitKat Sep 4, 2015

I joined in april, bought in august... Still no invite for me. :(

9. darrenhmather
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2015

darrenhmather , Sep 4, 2015 :
    I joined May 2014.
    Bought a One
    Shared invites
    Post every now and then....

Still no invite! Back to the drawing board for your theory? :rolleyes:

10. afu2cool
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2015

11. Theshawty
    KitKat Sep 4, 2015

Welcome to the "no invites"-club. I'm the CEO.

12. evilcupcakes
    Eclair Sep 4, 2015

13. gabraham
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2015

gabraham , Sep 4, 2015 :
    I agree to what you said, but can you point me a phone where all the OP specs are covered and price is less. Any comparison with spec and price goes in hand.. just curious here...

14. vahid183
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2015

vahid183 , Sep 4, 2015 :
    You keep repeating that statement even though there are more than enough postst, including mine, from all those who bought more than one OPO plus other accessories and still no invite

15. dendirk
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2015

16. smaug42
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2015

smaug42 , Sep 4, 2015 :
    No two phones are identical. You always have a tradeoff whether it's the new Oppo R7 phone... the one coming from Wileyfox... Archos's upcoming Diamond Plus phone (yah, Mediatek CPU that everyone loves to hate on here, but... it's one of those tradeoffs)... the Moto X phone.. the phones from Xiaomi... Elephone... the list goes on and on. Each one is in a similar price range, some are cheaper, some are slightly more. Some have better specs, some lesser. OnePlus is not the only player and they are not the only company making an interesting phone

The fact that the specs on OPT are what they are obscures the fact that OnePlus constantly says X... and then they do Y. They clearly stated what the invite rollout would be... and then the forums report something completely opposite. This is the point. It's their company and their right to do as they please I guess :)

In the end there are virtually identical phones on the market or being released in the coming 4 to 8 weeks that people will be able to purchase with much less frustration.

Meanwhile I will continue to be amused by everyone here getting all wiggly and bent out of shape because of invites... and because they keep taking OnePlus at face value and constantly are disappointed when OnePlus keeps doing the exact same thing... again and again. :)

17. tmcao
    Froyo Sep 5, 2015

tmcao , Sep 5, 2015 :
    I got the invite exactly 1 year from the day I got my invite for the OPO.

18. Colappsus
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2015

19. ceharris24
    Honeycomb Sep 5, 2015

ceharris24 , Sep 5, 2015 :
    Maybe it is all just fuzzy logic.....

smaug42 likes this.
  20. anupambetala
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2015

anupambetala , Sep 5, 2015 :
    Tell me how can we get the invite