This new chapter is as much ours as it is yours

1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Jul 8, 2020

Zach X. , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Untitled-2 copy.png

OnePlus was built on a unique and special relationship with our community. Since the launch of the OnePlus One, you’ve been helping us craft products that are tailored to your wants and needs. You’ve always made us a better OnePlus.

Nord is a completely new direction for us – safe to say, we needed your help more than ever.

Building a brand-new smartphone line from scratch is tremendously exciting, but it’s also overwhelming. You only get one shot to make a first impression and if you don’t succeed, who knows, you might not get another chance. Success can’t be guaranteed, but you can certainly increase your odds.

Early on, we held focus groups to see what users wanted from a more affordable OnePlus phone. The result is, of course, the device we’re about to launch. Many of Nord’s features are ones requested by users themselves. Two cameras on the front – you made that happen.

So, we thought we’d put together a series of videos to show off Nord’s best features, that were made hand in hand with you. We had a lot of fun making them, and we hope they get you feverishly excited ahead of Nord’s launch on July 21. Each video is available exclusively on our Instagram account – while you’re at it, you should probably give us a follow…

Visit our Instagram page

Join Community Watch Party to win

2. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 8, 2020 :
    [​IMG]

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 8, 2020

4. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update thread @Zach X. 😊

Also, promoting your page to gain followers, hmmm.. isn't that against forum rules? 😂😜

5. Plenkske
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Jul 8, 2020

Plenkske , Jul 8, 2020 :
    While I like the idea of focus groups to get feedback, I really wonder how many people in this whole community really wants two cameras on the front.... :eek::(:(
    Thanks for the heads up though.

6. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Indeed. Instead of dual selfie camera, the wide angle could have been implemented in the software itself by just giving an option to take selfie panorama shots with just 3 frames, one in the middle, one left and one right and there you got your wide angle selfie which can include a whole lot of people in it.

7. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 8, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I never even imagined :oops:

All the best 👍🏻:)👍🏻

SJBoss, superplus, luxuskamel and 6 others like this.
  8. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 8, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Whoever given the feedback of putting two cameras on front and removing headphone jack
    images (5).jpeg
    :sweatsmile::smirk:

9. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

10. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

drl431, Starcommander, SJBoss and 6 others like this.
  11. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Went to Instagram but couldn't find the videos. When are they going to be available, or where can I find them?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020

12. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2020

SJBoss, Swatiranjan and luxuskamel like this.
  13. OPD
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2020

drl431, SJBoss, Swatiranjan and 2 others like this.
  14. DarshKhetan , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Couldn't agree more!💯

15. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 8, 2020

YRJ , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Seriously though.....
    65503344.jpg

I always feared that the front camera would be removed completely. But this is a dramatic turn of events.

drl431, Starcommander, SJBoss and 5 others like this.
  16. SeanPlus

SeanPlus , Jul 8, 2020 :
    If I was involved I'd have voted for fewer hole-punch cameras in the display.
    Thinking it unlikely OnePlus would want an IP rating for their mid-ranger, I hoped the Nord would bring about the return of pop-up cameras. The developers could then have two, three, or even six cameras for all I care - I rarely take a selfie. Would also have been happy with a bezel for the camera(s) if dual forward-facing speakers were built into it. Oh well - maybe next time.

Is there definitely no headphone jack on the Nord? I assumed that was the case when OnePlus announced that Indian preorders include a free pair of OnePlus Bullets Wireless (and a phone case). @Zach X., @Joel Jacob, are you able to confirm whether or not European preorderers will get the same offer as our Indian brothers and sisters?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020

17. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

18. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

19. iharshjjain