This phone is amazing!

1. Brittix
    Donut Oct 14, 2014

Brittix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Hello everyone! ;)

So I am here to discuss the pros and cons of the phone! I managed to get an invite for my boyfriend (since he couldn't get one) since his phone was all cracked and broken... And let me start out saying I am supper jealous and now I want one lol!

The phone is a great phone so far! :) I am very, very pleased with the product! I don't quit understand stand why there is so many haters over this phone...I guess haters gotta hate right? Just jealous I suppose... Plus their a new company starting out so I guess that will always happen sadly. But personally their phone is amazing! Let me give a nice list of things I have noticed that are fantastic!

Pros:
    • Despite what people are saying about the speakers...they are pretty darn good. Like what do you expect it's a phone...They won't sound like a home audio. But they are crystal clear, have some nice tone and even base(which most phones don't have) and can go pretty loud. :eek:
    • The headphone speaker is good also. I don't know why most people complained about this either, seemed to work good enough.
    • The amazing 1080p screen.:cool:
    • It has a great camera! Despite what others are saying.... My boyfriend and I compared this camera to other cameras, in both good and dime lights and it works way better!
    • The great battery life!!!

What can I say...Its a great phone all around!! So for everyone who is dissing the phone so much, I don't quit understand why... I mean sure the screen will crack when dropped just like any other phone, it's not indestructible, but it's still better then the new iPhone6 Plus that bends under any pressure, not to mention their phones just don't change anymore, their boring and going down hill. Oh and let's not forget how overly priced Samsung and iPhones are now... like $800-$1000 just for a phone that breaks just like any other or has glitches, etc. Unlike this phone that's very good and at a decent price! As for the cons on this phone I don't exactly have any as of yet. I hope One Plus will keep making good phones cause I really enjoy their phone... Not mentioning super jealous, now I want to get rid of my iPhone4S for this one lol.

Julio Luz, drahunter, mangesh and 3 others like this.
  2. blisside
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

3. luigitorres2010
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2014

4. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

Brittix likes this.
  5. normfields
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2014

6. abhibhan89
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

7. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Cons:
    • Touchscreen unpredictable at times
    • Display seems bland for an IPS
    • Vibrate motor is piss-weak
    • USB port is upside down (relative to most Samsung phones, so a lot of docks won't work)
    • Camera is pretty mediocre, given how it was advertised to be awesome
    I can't charge the OnePlus One on my Samsung DA-E750, because the USB port is upside down. (pics when I get home)

[​IMG]

Lykenz likes this.
  8. blisside
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

blisside , Oct 14, 2014 :
    You would know about the vibrator jks jks

yagerbomb7 likes this.
  9. yagerbomb7
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

10. yagerbomb7
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

11. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Yes, I would. The Sandstone Black finish has a pretty rough surface...

[​IMG]

carbine30, yagerbomb7 and blisside like this.
  12. Brittix
    Donut Oct 14, 2014

Brittix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Having a strong Vibrate motor would suck actually given it would wear out easier, besides not to mention having a strong vibrate motor is not something everyone wants and who knows you may be able to adjust the vibration eventually. I am sure oneplus will make their own docks. Camera is actually pretty decent given the fact cameras on phone shouldn't need to be spectacular...I mean its a phone, if you want an amazing camera, buy a photographer camera. As for the touchscreen that can be fixed pretty easily, within updates and as they upgrade their phone, as for my boyfriends phone he doesn't have that problem, must just be you.

13. mydroid
    KitKat Oct 14, 2014

mydroid , Oct 14, 2014 :
    cons = she didn't get it yet but her bf have it....

blisside likes this.
  14. yagerbomb7
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2014

yagerbomb7 , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Should of been lucky and got silk white

15. billv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2014

16. Aaroneloy21
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2014

Brittix likes this.
  17. normfields
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2014

normfields , Oct 14, 2014 :
    I think one reason there are so many haters is because they don't get what OnePlus is doing with this phone. Why the invite system? Why the low price for such great specs? It's because we are the beta testers. I imagine once they get the bugs worked out and the phone is ready for mass market production, they will likely raise the price. They'll have to. So our tradeoff is that we get a great phone at a great price but we have to deal with the bugs while they're being worked out. Once they get everything worked out and our phones have the latest stable update we'll still have a great phone that we got at a great price. So, I'm willing to get the discounted price and be a beta tester. If you're not then don't beg for invites and then complain about being an early user of a work in progress. o_O

Cablemodifier, Oyathnkso and Brittix like this.
  18. vantt1
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2014

vantt1 , Oct 14, 2014 :
    A strong vibrate motor that wears out easier because it's stronger...what??

It doesn't have to be so strong that it'll cause an earthquake, I'd just like it to be strong enough so it actually works properly when in silent/vibrate mode. Heaps of other phones have a stronger vibrate motor (than the OnePlus One), and you don't see them "wear out", do you? If anything, it should retain effective functionality for longer than a weak motor.

It's not a matter of personal preference, because you can always turn down the vibration intensity in the settings if you'd prefer it to be weaker, but you can't increase the strength to beyond 100%.

If cameras don't need to be spectacular, then why does OnePlus emphasise that they use a Sony Exmor sensor, whereas Samsungs and iPhones which use Sony sensors don't advertise it as such? It's not convenient to always carry a professional camera with you, since most likely you'd already have your smartphone with you. It's good to have a good camera in that case, non?

Behold, something that you didn't know about because you might not actually have access to a OnePlus One:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

19. t4742
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2014

t4742 , Oct 14, 2014 :
    I have an invite and I'm skeptical of purchasing now, is it REALLY worth it? Will I regret it later on?

20. Brittix
    Donut Oct 14, 2014

Brittix , Oct 14, 2014 :
    Umm to let you know , he has told me what he thought of the phone. Not to mention I have played with it myself. So yeah, there you go....My cons are generally not as strong as my pros, of course in the beginning their were a couple small things but have been already fixed. Remember people it is a new phone there will be a couple things needed to be fixed...look at all the updates iphone gets STILL from bugs and glitches.