4. Useful

6.1%
  1. JustDenDimi
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

2. t31x31ra
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

t31x31ra , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Thanks for noticing.
    That's the whole point! If nobody owns it yet why all this discussion about the connector?
    Some guys were almost killing each other with comments about the damn connector without even using it.

IWantAnOP2 likes this.
  3. Audiology
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

Audiology , Jul 30, 2015 :
    USB Type C is great to have, but I prefer micro USB because I have tons of micro USB cables lying around and note USB Type C cables...

4. chanddu453
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2015

5. The _Great_Uniter
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2015

The _Great_Uniter , Jul 30, 2015 :
    You are correct to the extent that I had my syntax of USB type-c crossed with USB v3.1. However On the technical aspect I was right in answering the question posed. I was in a rush out the door when I posted and having internet trouble so I didn't stop and think hard enough to catch my mistake.
    Here is part of an article from Cnet explaining USB type-C:
    USB 3.1: Released in July 26, 2013, USB 3.1 doubles the speed of USB 3.0 to 10Gbps (now called SuperSpeed+ or SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps), making it as fast as the original Thunderbolt standard. USB 3.1 is backward-compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. USB 3.1 has three power profiles (according toUSB Power Delivery Specification), and allows larger devices to draw power from a host: up to 2A at 5V (for a power consumption of up to 10W), and optionally up to 5A at either 12V (60W) or 20V (100W). The first USB 3.1 products are expected to be available next year, and will mostly use USB Type-C design. ..... Set to be widely available starting 2015, Type-C USB will support USB 3.1 with the top speed of 10Gbps and has much high power output of up to 20V(100W) and 5A.
    Here is the link to the full article: http://www.cnet.com/news/usb-type-c-one-cable-to-connect-them-all/
    I also never said that USB type-C wasn't backward compatible.

As far as posting twice I do apologize. I was having connectivity issues this morning and couldn't find that my original post had gone through so I reposed it.

6. Deactivated User
    Jul 30, 2015

7. IWantAnOP2
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

IWantAnOP2 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I don't see the point of complaining about the connector. It is is new. Not every phone uses it. But it might become the norm. No big deal imo.

t31x31ra likes this.
  8. KronicRageQuittr
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

KronicRageQuittr , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Yes type-c is promising technology, but not enough other devices utilize it yet fr many of those features to be useful right now!
    I would of preferred quick charge and some of the extra money going into the camera.

9. byno
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

byno , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I think many people are in for a shock when they realise half the things they were expecting to happen don't.

Good marketing either way, certainly drawing a crowd in (even if people are misinformed)

WillMcC likes this.
  10. 1+1=11!
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

1+1=11! , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Finally no more tries to plug it in wrong :)
    Happened about 12000 times in my life ;)

Somehow it just have to start and soon many phones will have it like it was with usb3:rolleyes:

IWantAnOP2 likes this.
  11. mutazelgaili
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2015

mutazelgaili , Aug 9, 2015 :
    thanks for this rich clarification

12. mark6amal
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2015

mark6amal , Aug 10, 2015 :
    Ok first let me just get this out of the way. I in no means am hating on oneplus, but this thought has been in my mind for quite a while.

Ok so Mr. Pei told us that the only reason that they didnt include NFC was cause it was just another feature that no one every really bothered to use. Well it lead me to think why exactly did they update the charger to USB type C? Sure it is a step into the future but wasn't NFC? But why did update was there really a good reason? They opted out of quick charge, and to my knowledge the data speeds aren't really faster. Was simple just because they wanted to release their patent for USB type A?

USB type C and NFC are actually quite similar. NFC was a feature that everyone boasted about in the beginning. But no one actually used it because they just didnt. They thought that its only use was sharing pictures and tap to pay, but it is more than that. Im thinking that USB-C is going to be the exact same thing. There are so many things that you can use it for such as connecting to hdmi,and connect to usb hubs. But who is actually going to use this features. Who is gonna use it just for charging?

Anyways just a thought.

13. reginaldyee
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2015