It only have four pins.

4. karlockhart
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

5. karlockhart
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

6. Kringz
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015

Kringz , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I don't think that you are going to see great differences on a smartphone but it is the new industry standard so yeah

Data transfer through the cable will be faster and it will maybe charge faster but i doubt that you are going to "feel" the difference :p

7. J0llen
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

J0llen , Jul 28, 2015 :
    You get adapters from usb-usbc and other stuff so it will not be a problem this year i assume.

8. CanuckRS
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

CanuckRS , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Coming from a 2014 Moto X and a OnePlus One owner.

USB Type C:
    It's a different type of connector. That's it. The fact that people are complaining about having to purchase a different wire is a bit silly really. They will be available almost anywhere once more devices start shipping with them. I actually prefer the USB type C to micro USB and despite the fact that it is indeed USB 2.0, I still think the is a big plus (no pun intended).

NFC:
    I have litteraly never used this on any device I've owned, including the ones that have had it. I see almost no use for it personally. NFC triggers are cool, but I certainly can't see this preventing people from buying a phone outright. Maybe once NFC is used more in everyday life, we can be concerned about the lack of it.

Quick Charging:
    Although there are times where it might be handy, once again I must say it was ever really a life saver on the Moto X. In fact I hardly every used it. The only time I charged my phone was generally on my night stand over night, and when doing so, you actually should avoid using quick chargers all together. It's a cool thing to show your friends, but again, certainly not a deal breaker.

To me, a phone needs 4 basic things to keep me happy:

1) A fantastic display
    2) A fantastic camera
    3) A fantastic O.S
    4) Full working day battery life

And if it means not having any of the extra perks, I'm totally ok with that.

Just my two cents.

Unicus likes this.
  9. ishhanda
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

ishhanda , Jul 28, 2015 :
    i
    think its based on 2.0 only...its not an update of any kind...jst idiot proof and make life simpler....which is the goal of new technology

antellis1 and brittonraya like this.
  10. jojosalcedo
    Donut Jul 29, 2015

jojosalcedo , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I have an awesome LinearFlux Lithiumcard portable charger that charges my old OnePlus One in really quickly (being 2.4 amps). It has a built in USB 2.0 connector for input and a micro-USB for output. Now, if OnePlus Two has a USB-C, that means I won't be able to use that portable charger anymore, right? Also, micro-USB chargers are fairly common that you can find one among friends should the need for emergency charging arises. Would this mean that I have to always carry my OnePlus Two charger (or at least the cable) with me all the time?

11. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 29, 2015

brittonraya , Jul 29, 2015 :
    The 2 uses cosmetic USB c. The only real benefit right now is it's easy to plug ino_O

12. maxtalkstonewyork
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2015

13. 313photography
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2015

313photography , Jul 29, 2015 :
    Stop saying USB type C , it's even not a fast charging USB, it's only name, even the micro USB is better and it charge faster than USB type C, Galaxy s6 charges even faster than this USB type C

antellis1 likes this.
  14. drinkbrew
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2015

drinkbrew , Jul 29, 2015 :
    People complained about every new charger in the last 10 years, why would things change. I used to work in a retail cell phone store. When apple came out with a new charger everybody cried, when micro usb came out everybody cried, when nokia went to the mini pin vs the 10 year old nokia charger everybody cried. See a trend here? People hate change until the change is the norm, it will be the norm soon enough, until then buy some adapters on ebay or amazon and convert your current chargers.

15. Slymenstra
    Eclair Jul 29, 2015

Slymenstra , Jul 29, 2015 :
    I just wanted to get peoples thought on the inclusion of USB Type-C...

Good or Bad?

I am torn, i like being able to plug all me devices in to the same cable, i have 2 cables permanently setup in my home and one at work and just plug in when needed.

SimonJude likes this.
  16. Michklomp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2015

17. WolfpackN64
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2015

craigcarlson13, B4kken and Abearnathy like this.
  18. dsmpampis
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2015

19. jizang
    Lollipop Jul 29, 2015

jizang , Jul 29, 2015 :
    can't stop the advance in technology ... even if I hate it :D:D

20. CyberT
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2015

CyberT , Jul 29, 2015 :
    Currently it won't be either useful or not useful for me. I always use original cable I get with my phone so it is only used to charge one phone.